Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:00:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to spot a SCAMMER - Telegram groups  (Read 142 times)
big_daddy (OP)

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2020, 03:09:09 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2020, 08:26:50 PM by big_daddy
Merited by examplens (3), Daniel91 (1), The Cryptovator (1), dkbit98 (1)

I'm using Telegram as my first choice chat app, but this is not what this topic is about

I'm am trying to help people to spot a scammer on Telegram groups, especially the newbies entering the crypto world due the bullish trend should be very very very careful

From time to time, I'm using Telegram groups, the official one, to get some support and usually I'm looking for an admin
You cannot expect them to be online 24/7, so there will be a delay getting your answer, but my experience until now is that I'm getting in touch with them in 24h or even less
And this is great, cause time is money, we all know that  Cool

Most groups has some "pinned message" on top where you can find who the legit admins are
Do not PM/DM them, start a common in group chat and mention them using the "@" and their username, it's more convenient

At this stage, you can expect to receive a private message from a scammer, presenting himself as a legit admin

I will share now today's experience
You will see how people easy falls into a scam trap:

That's my click-bait:

Those are the official legit admins:
Pay attention on their @"username"

And here it comes the scammer:
A minute after

The picture is the same, and he/she is trying to use the same @"username", but in the "Bio" field

It's a most common scam on Telegram
Eyes open and double-check everything

Cheers!

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
brayktcristel

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 09:30:48 PM

Easy to spot!  it's like:  Q: "how can u tell a teenager is lieing?   A: when he moves his lips.

hmmm i waned to thank ur post but i have no thanks to give! Sad

I mean merit!
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 02:08:42 AM

This is a good advice it's better to not entertain any message coming from the admin they always tell you that, if you are going to message them then use the pin post and click the username or vouch if the one you are chatting is part of the team.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 05:23:33 PM

Yeah, as the OP said, if someone pm's you on telegram, without any reason why known to you, you can expect 2 things:

1) Either he's offering you an unbelievable deal which you can't pass (usually this happen in ICO groups)

2) Or he'll try to get you to invest into a pyramid or ponzi with his referal
big_daddy (OP)

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2020, 05:32:10 PM

^ or in a case of tech support you can be asked to give your keyes for example

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: