View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SamuelJobs

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 05:52:13 PM

Would it work if I sent money or crypto from my crypto wallet to a contract address? Would it automatically send me back the token that I wanted to exchange for?  Because sometimes its hard to find tokens on exchanges or swap/exchange websites.

By the way, a contract address is where the token is located. Its like a wallet address.
Would it work if you check which section you using to post your off-topic questions?
Would it automatically bring more spam in thru market section if someone send you back answer?
Because sometimes its hard to find sense in people spamming non-sense in marketplace.
SamuelJobs

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 12:11:36 AM

I'm not spamming. I actually contribute to this forum.

I was asking about crypto exchange and purchase of tokens. That sounds like marketplace related.
Really ? Cheesy Since when discussions not belong to discussion section but the marketplace ? Cheesy
You contribute how? By spamming off-topic ? Cheesy
People actually trying to Market here you know ? Smiley
Not sure how your topic is still in the market section anyway.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 12:29:40 AM

Would it work if I sent money or crypto from my crypto wallet to a contract address? Would it automatically send me back the token that I wanted to exchange for?  Because sometimes its hard to find tokens on exchanges or swap/exchange websites.

By the way, a contract address is where the token is located. Its like a wallet address.

Is this what you mean?

1) You want a token but you can't find it on exchange
2) You will send the money/crypto instead of the token's contract address and have the equivalent of it to be sent to you automatically.

If yes, then that won't work. It's always a reminder to never send money to a contract address. Those you see wherein someone sending a token in a contract address is to execute the token swap for example and that's automatic. The one that transfers here is the token itself and not the actual money.

And out of curiosity, why bother purchasing this kind of tokens that isn't listed on the exchange? There is no liquidity so I doubt you will gain profit from it. You can also look at some decentralized exchange as it might have an active market there like for example Etherdelta for ERC20 tokens (if not listed, you can manually input it).
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 12:52:49 AM

Is this what you mean?

1) You want a token but you can't find it on exchange
2) You will send the money/crypto instead of the token's contract address and have the equivalent of it to be sent to you automatically.

If yes, then that won't work. It's always a reminder to never send money to a contract address. Those you see wherein someone sending a token in a contract address is to execute the token swap for example and that's automatic. The one that transfers here is the token itself and not the actual money.

And out of curiosity, why bother purchasing this kind of tokens that isn't listed on the exchange? There is no liquidity so I doubt you will gain profit from it. You can also look at some decentralized exchange as it might have an active market there like for example Etherdelta for ERC20 tokens (if not listed, you can manually input it).

I guess, he is really a newbie when it comes to tokens. You can't send money to the contract address as goinmerry explained. Your money will be lost. Unless, the team gave that specific address where to send the payment like eth and in exchange they will give you the corresponding amount of their tokens to your eth address. But there will be instructions attached to it or form to be filled up. But if there is no prior agreement, I don't think what the OP is asking here is possible.

Or can the OP be more specific? So we know how to address your situation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: