Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:54:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DeFi Anticipated To Reach $5 Billion In Total Value  (Read 375 times)
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 08:32:11 AM

I think that $10 billion can be reached in the near future, see how fast they grow, I wonder how long it will last.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the_thing

Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 08:54:23 AM

Every project is now trying to become a DeFi project first BEAM announced about their DeFi product now ARPA is also announcing about DeFi product ( link) looks like every project wants to take advantage of this DeFi trend.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
investgarant

Activity: 714
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 10:42:16 AM

I think that $10 billion can be reached in the near future, see how fast they grow, I wonder how long it will last.
I agree on $10 billion and more, waiting for the Bitcoin to go to the ATH and then even more altcoins growth.

DoubleEdgeEX

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2020, 11:32:00 AM

DeFi, the new buzzword after Yield Farming. I think things will go on as in every market. The ones that have a real life use cases, a sustainable business modell and a good team will succeed and stay in the game while most others will just fall victim to pump and dump schemes.
shakesbear

Activity: 684
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 12:05:55 PM

Yes, some madness started with this DEFI, let's hope that this whole situation will attract new users.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
kkofor

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 12:08:55 PM

Every project is now trying to become a DeFi project first BEAM announced about their DeFi product now ARPA is also announcing about DeFi product ( link) looks like every project wants to take advantage of this DeFi trend.
Any project that adds Defi to the project has risen sharply in the past few days, and this investment trend is sure to help a lot of people make good profits from the market. Currently, the Defi projects are contributing to making the altcoin season return because today the value of Bitcoin has exceeded $10,000 and everyone seems very excited. I believe that if the Defi trend continues, then everyone will be able to make a lot of great profits from the market.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 07:09:12 PM

More than that, and one thing that put more hype on this is that you can put a bet on what will be the price at the end of the year, What will the total value locked (TVL) in DeFi be at the end of 2020, according to DefiPulse?(Range: $1.00B-$9.00B). Run by Polymarket, a Gnosis-based prediction market, so it will be very bullish, that's for sure.

Thank you for this link, I'm not aware that you can bet and sell your options with this Polymarket. And it's interesting to note as well that based on it, Defi is now around $7 billion. So definitely it could be as hype as the ICO in 2017, but here's the thing, people are actually make money, but you have to wait for months or years because getting the profit and this is a good thing and that is why it is growing rapidly.

I read some news that it has broken $5 billion already (not sure the $7 billion), so I guess all investors are jumping in and trying to make a slice out of that big pie. So if we go by that axiom, the more people to enter the picture the more it will grow obviously and it can trigger the next bull run for altcoin market, which looks like it has started as ETH has broken $300. So it looks like it we are moving in the right direction with DeFi but I will still be cautious.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
btc_angela (OP)

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 03:57:44 AM

More than that, and one thing that put more hype on this is that you can put a bet on what will be the price at the end of the year, What will the total value locked (TVL) in DeFi be at the end of 2020, according to DefiPulse?(Range: $1.00B-$9.00B). Run by Polymarket, a Gnosis-based prediction market, so it will be very bullish, that's for sure.

Thank you for this link, I'm not aware that you can bet and sell your options with this Polymarket. And it's interesting to note as well that based on it, Defi is now around $7 billion. So definitely it could be as hype as the ICO in 2017, but here's the thing, people are actually make money, but you have to wait for months or years because getting the profit and this is a good thing and that is why it is growing rapidly.

I read some news that it has broken $5 billion already (not sure the $7 billion), so I guess all investors are jumping in and trying to make a slice out of that big pie. So if we go by that axiom, the more people to enter the picture the more it will grow obviously and it can trigger the next bull run for altcoin market, which looks like it has started as ETH has broken $300. So it looks like it we are moving in the right direction with DeFi but I will still be cautious.

$5 billion is already a lot of money isn't it? So for me this is not just a hype as the money involved is huge already. Yes, ETH is really doing good because of this DeFi and having its all bull run. But DeFi is different though in my opinion, everyone can say that this is hype all along but we will have to wait when this bubble are going to be burst or when the parabolic rise ended.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:08:50 AM

Are there really so much hype around Defi that it could really reach $5 Billion? Was really shock to read this article as the market really anticipated a huge boom with this Defi offerings around. And as coinmarketcap is already jumping as it it is already displaying it in their platform.

The crypto sector has seen a fair share of speculations over the past decade, but the recent decentralized finance (DeFi) boom has opened up new opportunities for crypto enthusiasts – to bet on DeFi’s development.

The Gnosis-based prediction market, Polymarket, created a betting opportunity for crypto enthusiasts to guess what will be the total value locked in DeFi before January 1, 2021. The betting started at $4.12 billion last week, but quickly jumped to as high as $5,16 billion, as of press time.

The predictions can be seen as PolyMarket being bullish on the future of DeFi.

Decentralized Finance usually operates by “locking in” a certain amount of crypto assets, primarily Ethereum but sometimes Bitcoin is locked too. In return, DeFi tokens and/or a promised interest are granted to holders. Interestingly, users are more and more interested in the DeFi sector, as its “locked-in” value rises exponentially.

Indeed, the total value locked in DeFi projects gained $1 billion dollars in just two weeks – DeFi struck the $2 billion mark on July 7, 2020, but as of press time the locked in value tokens increased to over $3 billion. However, this is not the first kind of bullish momentum for the sector, as three weeks prior to hitting the $2 billion mark the DeFi sector managed to make it into the billions.

Crypto experts are considering that a significant part of DeFi’s recent explosion is Compound’s governance token release on June 15, 2020. In just 24 hours Compound’s COMP token managed to surpass Maker and take the lead in the DeFi realm.

However, the experts are taking a rather cautious approach towards the betting, as there are little over $1,500 in bets, so a few large-scale bets could alter the prices and make them swing.

Furthermore, DeFi Pulse noted that the total value locked (TVL) has exploded several times before, but quickly rebounded. For example, the TVL went up from $692 million to $1.26 billion from January 1, 2020 to February 14, 2020. A month later, the TVL rate bounced back and went down to $600 million.

Meanwhile, the debate around DeFi token valuations divided crypto investors, as innovative protocols like Aave and Synthetix are with higher demands, compared to MakerDAO.

Investors are either undervaluing or overvaluing the DeFi sector. Some investors think that it’s a perfect time to jump aboard the DeFi social media hype, as the sector became the fifth-most searched crypto-related term on social media, as well as marking an all-time high in social media activities track.

https://thecapital.io/article/defi-anticipated-to-reach--billion-in-total-value-MCqdHmWPbfBSD0UY6YR

Recently there was a surge in the volume of DeFi projects and they are making it very big.  Early this week I checked the DeFi sections on the CMC and it was amazing how these projects are making waves. May be I will just give it a trial and invest in one more with the Oikos I've already invested.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:15:38 AM

DeFi is new ICOs. They will be alive only while hype around them
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:29:57 AM

Crypto is so unpredictable, first it was ICO success in 2017 that bring a new breath into crypto market and now it's DeFi projects turn, I believe it's why Ethereum is been very bullish too, I do hope this continues and if it does be expecting a new altcoin season soon
I don't think Defi is the real reason for the pump of the price of Ethereum. I think that the misunderstanding of people increases ETH price. Defi is just the current hype in the market that will continue until the end of the year.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:55:38 AM

Crypto is so unpredictable, first it was ICO success in 2017 that bring a new breath into crypto market and now it's DeFi projects turn, I believe it's why Ethereum is been very bullish too, I do hope this continues and if it does be expecting a new altcoin season soon
I don't think Defi is the real reason for the pump of the price of Ethereum. I think that the misunderstanding of people increases ETH price. Defi is just the current hype in the market that will continue until the end of the year.
well, no one really knows yet about the future of new projects and platforms that have DeFi, but I am sure that behind this project has developers who prioritize development, it is certain that the project will develop better and be better than before.
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Option Blitz

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 09:02:25 AM

This is so true! The pump of the ETH price has nothing to do with the hype of DeFi projects. The ETH price is increasing because people are spreading a rumor that ETH 2.0 will bring a bullish season to the market. However, it's not fair if we say that DeFi project is only a hype and not gonna last long. We don't know yet, it's too soon to conclude!

Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 10:09:23 AM

I think that's even a very conservative estimate, it could happen this year or it could happen soon as the hype for DeFi is huge at the moment.

Per https://coinmarketcap.com/defi/, these projects have an increasing trading volume, so with that alone, we can already tell that people are buying the idea of the DeFi and I expect it will result to significant growth especially now that the market is quite bullish already.

when the hype is on, you can expect a lot of good things will happen even beyond our expectation.

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 08:06:24 PM

[..snip..]

[..snip..]

$5 billion is already a lot of money isn't it? So for me this is not just a hype as the money involved is huge already. Yes, ETH is really doing good because of this DeFi and having its all bull run. But DeFi is different though in my opinion, everyone can say that this is hype all along but we will have to wait when this bubble are going to be burst or when the parabolic rise ended.

Yeah, that's huge amount I will agree, and we really don't know where the money is coming from. But the point is that it seems to be just a hype, and I think others have agree that this is very similar to ICO in 2017, but this time, Defi pace is very slow as compare to ICO but the end result will be the same. Many are going to loss money when the whole bubble is burst.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
minatour

Activity: 687
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 11:18:17 PM

DeFi is developing rapidly, with the huge acceptance and love around DeFi, I can bodly say DeFi market will be much more than $5b soon. Currently everybody wants to ride with DeFi, many project now switching while almost all the top echanges are currently happy to list DeFi project on their exchange.

----------- ❱   ❱    ❱  The easiest way to earn 5 ETH  ❰    ❰    ❰ -----------
-------  Yearner is the ultimate connecting link between different DeFi protocols  -------
--------------------------------------------   ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    START FARMING    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰   --------------------------------------------
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2020, 11:40:02 PM

I think is highly possible for Defi to even surpass 5-billion if it keeps going the way with its current momentum For over three month the whole thing is DEFI and is as if crypto dont know anything apart from DEFI Is really growing exponentially and I hope it stabilize soon

the_thing

Merit: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 08:54:54 AM

Any project that adds Defi to the project has risen sharply in the past few days, and this investment trend is sure to help a lot of people make good profits from the market. Currently, the Defi projects are contributing to making the altcoin season return because today the value of Bitcoin has exceeded $10,000 and everyone seems very excited. I believe that if the Defi trend continues, then everyone will be able to make a lot of great profits from the market.

I agree. I think once BTC settles down we will once again start seeing movements on those DeFi coins. I think the entire DeFi space could easily cover the market cap of $10-$15B in the few months even more if it keeps trending.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 09:09:49 AM

There's a big probability this could happen in fact the price aggregator Coingecko has anticipated these they already created a page dedicated to Defi to track it's market performance you can check it out here
https://www.coingecko.com/en/defi  Chainlink is leading the DeFi project but I expect for some projects to catch up.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
cryptomaniac_xxx

Activity: 1498
Merit: 566

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 10:22:35 AM

There's a big probability this could happen in fact the price aggregator Coingecko has anticipated these they already created a page dedicated to Defi to track it's market performance you can check it out here
https://www.coingecko.com/en/defi  Chainlink is leading the DeFi project but I expect for some projects to catch up.
That's cool, recently it was cmc who added Defi on their website and now coingecko. So it indicates that the Defi market is growing very fast and there could be more projects to pop up in the next coming months with Defi on their mind. So I believed that more than $5 billion valuation can be reach prior to the end of the year because this is the hottest trend in the crypto market.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██