Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Football Strategies to apply on a betting exchange  (Read 375 times)
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3478

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 01:19:04 PM

Even this is the same function with GT you can hedge the same winning profits on all of 3 events (and not have as seen in this example more money in draw... Strommen match)

I think this is just a matter of the odds rising while doing the cash-out. In Strommen match Orbit/Betfair makes back-bet for like 5.6 for the draw, but it actually gets matched at 6.0 (when the odds rise/drop in your favour, it gets matched; when it's to your disadvantage it fails).

But I agree of course, that GT is way better, faster and gives you more options to plan hedges Smiley

Perfect! You understand my point! Sometimes you can hit different odds!
"ok I will win more in case of a draw" but if you're trying to get "all green" and maximize the winning options in ALL 3 events in this case you're penalized. With GT this doesn't happens, and always you can set up BEFORE Wink your cash-out option in BF !

Anyone can ALWAYS create their cash-out option even without a SW or accepting BF option. But it requires time and to be able in math (fast!) calculation Wink
(personally I wouldn't suggest)

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pleasureteam (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 207
Merit: 32

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 03:54:26 PM
Merited by bitbollo (1)

Even this is the same function with GT you can hedge the same winning profits on all of 3 events (and not have as seen in this example more money in draw... Strommen match)

I think this is just a matter of the odds rising while doing the cash-out. In Strommen match Orbit/Betfair makes back-bet for like 5.6 for the draw, but it actually gets matched at 6.0 (when the odds rise/drop in your favour, it gets matched; when it's to your disadvantage it fails).

But I agree of course, that GT is way better, faster and gives you more options to plan hedges Smiley

Perfect! You understand my point! Sometimes you can hit different odds!
"ok I will win more in case of a draw" but if you're trying to get "all green" and maximize the winning options in ALL 3 events in this case you're penalized. With GT this doesn't happens, and always you can set up BEFORE Wink your cash-out option in BF !

Anyone can ALWAYS create their cash-out option even without a SW or accepting BF option. But it requires time and to be able in math (fast!) calculation Wink
(personally I wouldn't suggest)

I used to use geek toys as well for horse racing. But same issue as you. Due to my current location I am not allowed to play on betfair. Beside geek toys I use couple other softwares as well. I loved scalping the horse racing pre race and than hedge my profits over all horses to make a guaranteed profits. Perfect way to make money from horses even if you do not know shit about it.

So now I am obligated to use orbitx exchange through a betting broker. I use BetInAsia as they also accept BTC as deposit and withdraw option.  Only shit is that you can't lay horses anymore. I used to play 'lay the field' plenty of time.

I scrolled through above conversation. I agree that playing 'lay the draw' prematch has not much use. I always wait at least until half time and then check the stats. Below you see one of the few games that triggered me to lay the draw at halftime yesterday.

BTW I like your approach to lay the U4.5 @1.05. its indeed a small risk for a huge reward. I very often also lay at extremely low odds. if for example a team is up by 1 goal difference and I see the other team is pushing then I sometimes lay the leading team in 86th- 87th minute. Lately there always is about 4-6 minutes extra time. Which leads the loosing team that is pushing still has 8-12 minutes to score the equaliser
pleasureteam (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 207
Merit: 32

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 06:46:32 PM

again not much football today but was able to grab a small opportunity to lock and secure some guaranteed profits.

k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 10:28:50 AM

again not much football today but was able to grab a small opportunity to lock and secure some guaranteed profits.

If you really want to win at betting on sports or etc. You should know how to observe and be measure things. First look at the different statistics of each teams and find their strengths and weaknesses for you to be able to know if the team you are choosing has the potential to win against their opponent.
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 10:43:02 AM

If you really want to win at betting on sports or etc. You should know how to observe and be measure things. First look at the different statistics of each teams and find their strengths and weaknesses for you to be able to know if the team you are choosing has the potential to win against their opponent.

If you look at the Tier 1 and 2 teams the odds should be pretty fair and will give you a good indication on who will likely win. There are so many people looking at the big teams like PSG for example that I it will be very hard to find thing that everyone else missed. Since the football matches are back during the pandemic I started to bet only on fairly sure games where the risk of losing is fairly low. Sure the winning are low too but it's better than to lose money at the moment.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 10:47:36 AM

op has  his experienced and he already know these things but its okay to remind him again . we dont know if what if he uses a new strat and he forgot to use these info's  but at the end of the day there is still no secure ways to win no matter how we follow every laid info' and strats  .  i didnt know that football strats can also be applied on this kind of betting  . thanks to him for giving us an idea  on how this can possibly work   ,  we can then come back here to post our results if its a success or not  .
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 06:49:32 PM

If you look at the Tier 1 and 2 teams the odds should be pretty fair and will give you a good indication on who will likely win. There are so many people looking at the big teams like PSG for example that I it will be very hard to find thing that everyone else missed. Since the football matches are back during the pandemic I started to bet only on fairly sure games where the risk of losing is fairly low. Sure the winning are low too but it's better than to lose money at the moment.
We are not going to see different tier teams competing each other too often so it is not going to work for someone who are interested on betting regularly.But it is also easier to analyse if the odds are pretty low and not much people gonna bet on such games the real betting begins only with to head to head rivals plays and also lot of manipulation may get involved.
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 23, 2020, 07:05:21 AM

I agree with you, that choosing which team will win depends on us studying the statistics of both teams. From the statistics,
we can compare the strengths and weaknesses of the two teams, so you will see which one is superior. If it turns out that the
two teams have almost the same strengths and weaknesses, the last thing is to compare the last 5 matches of the two teams,
choose the team with the most consistent performance.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2020, 03:58:15 PM

has anyone here try this strategy?
I would love to know the report.  Grin
quite interesting strategy, I've bookmarked this thread.
will try this one and post my result here.
sportbettor

Activity: 773
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 07:43:29 AM

Here you can find the List of all most popular Betting Strategies: http://sportstatist.com/category/betting-strategies/

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 09:18:04 AM

We are not going to see different tier teams competing each other too often so it is not going to work for someone who are interested on betting regularly.But it is also easier to analyse if the odds are pretty low and not much people gonna bet on such games the real betting begins only with to head to head rivals plays and also lot of manipulation may get involved.

Betting on sure games could also mean not betting regularly/always.   If I find a game I am sure about, I will probably put in more time and abit more money on game and bet occasionally on it. This should compensate for not betting regularly on things I didn't research properly on or sure about winning.
TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2020, 01:12:44 PM

few minutes ago I picked a random match.
I placed a bet blindly.
I tested it with a small amount of DOGE  Grin.

Haltime 0-0

bet on draw 10 DOGE x 3.72 = 37.2 DOGE (+27.2).
bet on not a draw 27 DOGE x 1.57 = 42.39 (+15.39).

scenario:
draw - I get profit 0.2 DOGE.
not a draw - I get profit 5.39 DOGE.

It's still a win-win.

For OP can you make this thread more friendly with a non English speaking member like me?
I still think that what I am done with my bet few minutes ago, is not what you mean.
CMIIW.
Waffen

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 06:33:42 PM

On betting exchanges like Betfair, the Over/Under 2.5 goals markets are some of the most liquid. This makes them a popular choice for goals-based betting strategies, like the Under 2.5 goals strategy. This straightforward strategy involves betting on there being no more than two goals in a match. It can be a relatively low risk system when the two teams facing each other are defensive, and unlikely to go for many goals. As before, when you get in and out of this makes a big difference to your bottom line.
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 07:42:15 PM

For OP can you make this thread more friendly with a non English speaking member like me?

Looks like OP has gone awol or is on a rather long vacation, was last online 3 weeks ago. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he has gone broke or lost a lot with LTD. It is a working strategy, but you really have to be very selective with picking the right matches. It can work just going by stats, but works way better, when you know the league you are trading on. But then you have fewer matches to select from again Wink

Still think this thread (or rather the topic of it) could be super useful and OP did a great job with designing the first post, but as so often with sportsbetting/-trading, people lose interest fast or don't have the perseverance to keep going (with a good idea) once they face some adversity, have a losing run or whatever.

But maybe he will come back one day and bring things to life in here again Smiley

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 08:24:18 AM

I think this is a good way to bet. You could keep doing that and see how profitable you are, then start increasing your bet and skills in the long run if you are profitable. I guess lots of sport bettors are more focused on prize than skill/knowledge, hence they take big financial risk and lose often.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: