Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:53:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE ANN] SatoshiToken, HPoW, PoS , human minable hybrid coin. New code  (Read 1055 times)
satoshcode (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:57:21 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 09:18:52 PM by satoshcode

SatoshiToken
Human Minable Proof of Work, Proof of Stake hybrid coin

We are considering launching a coin that makes use of a simple game http://www.satoshicode.com, to distribute the coins. The best way to understand how the game works is to see if for 2 minutes, is extremely simple; yet an efficient and fair way  to distribute coins.

Before we move forward with the idea, we would like to hear your opinions and comments on how the coin should work. We will then use the feedback to decide to launch the coin or not, and if we do what characteristics the coin should have.

The coin will allow the game to be played for free.

Additionally we are considering teaming up or taking over an already available crypto currency to improve it by adding a fair distribution of its coins, and further add value to it.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:19:13 PM

To Do a transaction, have to solve a satoshicode. if fail you lost the amount you tried to sent.

satoshcode (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:29:46 PM

To Do a transaction, have to solve a satoshicode. if fail you lost the amount you tried to sent.

You solve "Codes" to earn the Coins. Transactions are taken care on a Blokchain as with any other Bitcoin derived ALT.
montalslog

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:33:44 PM

If the site is the only method of distribution, then I would assume 100% premine?
satoshcode (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:48:51 PM

If the site is the only method of distribution, then I would assume 100% premine?

No, I think it will be important to be able to mine the coin also in the usual PoW/PoS way. In this very same post we can decide the total amount of coins and what percentage of them should be premine.

montalslog

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:35:05 PM

The main thing im thinking about is what percentage of the coin will come via the game and what percentage via mining. If it's able to be mined, why play? Having all coins released through play sets a fixed rate of release. in this situation, a premine may actually be a viable idea, with miners solving the blockchain for the TX fees.
satoshcode (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:42:09 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 02:48:22 AM by satoshcode

The main thing im thinking about is what percentage of the coin will come via the game and what percentage via mining.
50/50. regular mining keeps the blockchain secure, stable and fast; while the game allows for fair broad distribution.

If it's able to be mined, why play? Having all coins released through play sets a fixed rate of release. in this situation, a premine may actually be a viable idea, with miners solving the blockchain for the TX fees.

Playing will help distribute the coins among a large audience, while you could play the english version , we can have +50 languages. The game will be a valid way to earn coins, while people doing the regular PoW via mining, keeping the blockchain, secure, fast and stable.

Think on Indian, Chinese, .... versions of satoshicode. "Airdrops" or Games, which one do you feel is more feasible?
montalslog

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:17:57 PM

I feel that splitting the game into too many sectors will make it easier for certain language 'rooms' to be dominated by individuals, removing real competition.

I like the choices you've made in the hours the game is 'open', particularly because I did stay up several days to hold onto my #1 slot before abandoning around thursday due to family concerns.

Would you consider leaving the game open to play, but with no cost/winnings, during the hours that it is currently 'closed'?

I think that wins have an advantage over airdrops, as it allows for a proof-of-work of sort in that a player has to dedicate time to earning the reward, just as a miner has to commit resources to solve a block.

If you do create this coin, I would reccommend setting the starting difficulty high, at least after your decided amount of premine.

Also, to prevent accusations of profiteering, keep all the premined coins in a central few wallets, so that the community can see that you truly are dedicating 50% or whatever towards ingame payouts via the blockchain. That will help to increase trust and keep this from being a pump and dump scamcoin.
Steven Lee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:00:52 PM

I feel that splitting the game into too many sectors will make it easier for certain language 'rooms' to be dominated by individuals, removing real competition.

I like the choices you've made in the hours the game is 'open', particularly because I did stay up several days to hold onto my #1 slot before abandoning around thursday due to family concerns.

Would you consider leaving the game open to play, but with no cost/winnings, during the hours that it is currently 'closed'?

I think that wins have an advantage over airdrops, as it allows for a proof-of-work of sort in that a player has to dedicate time to earning the reward, just as a miner has to commit resources to solve a block.

If you do create this coin, I would reccommend setting the starting difficulty high, at least after your decided amount of premine.

Also, to prevent accusations of profiteering, keep all the premined coins in a central few wallets, so that the community can see that you truly are dedicating 50% or whatever towards ingame payouts via the blockchain. That will help to increase trust and keep this from being a pump and dump scamcoin.

Wow, I can't image you type so many word here. impressive!!! Cheesy Cheesy

montalslog

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:10:06 PM

Wow, I can't image you type so many word here. impressive!!! Cheesy Cheesy

Just trying to lend some honest goodwill towards someone who seems to actually believe in their project, thanks for the compliment.
omaraha

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:55:51 PM

I wish you good luck
Your link
In bitcointalk
Not found in Twitter
Please add it to Twitter
To make it easier for people to find you on bitcointalk
Thanks Dev