Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:32:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S17e / T17e Custom firmware  (Read 328 times)
thierry4wd (OP)

Activity: 446
Merit: 347

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 05:07:13 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2020, 04:24:04 PM by thierry4wd
Merited by favebook (2)

Link for S17E Final Version : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5265677.msg54901808#msg54901808

Hi all, i have developed custom firmware for all T17 / T17+ / S17 / S17pro /S17+ with success ... but i don't have T17E / S17E on my hand, i search on guy to agree for give me access with teamviewer for test, if success, i ofer my custom firmware for him Wink

thanks Wink

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
favebook

Activity: 604
Merit: 416

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 01:35:57 PM

I have S17e on hand (in bedroom actually as it's too hot to run it currently) and I'd be able to give you access to test it.

However, I do not remember meeting you on boards so if someone with higher merit and more active member (than both of us) can chime in and vouch for you, I'd have no problem then.

Also, do you plan on selling that firmware later or will you be giving it away for free with fee on running like Vnish?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 02:20:06 PM
Merited by mikeywith (1)

I'll vouch for him, he's fairly prolific on the boards with software hacks of official firmwares. I've not heard of any problems with him.

I've got a couple of T17e's but they are remote so no access to third parties unfortunately.

The last firmware he released had no dev fee but you had to pay to get it.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
thierry4wd (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 04:41:21 PM

Thanks Wink

i assure to you, no problem with me Wink

for the future, i prefer sold this by "licence" without any fee .

If you are ok, pm me for join me on discord, i need you boot your miner with SDCARD for unlock this by "mptestfirmware" , and i need access by teamviewer at ONLY this miner, if you want, monitor me, no problem Wink

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 12:14:10 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2020, 12:26:30 AM by frodocooper

[...]

Not sure if my "vouch" counts, but thierry4wd is pretty well-known around the mining board, mainly in the software suboard, I am surprised that you two don't know each other.

[...]

Do you mind telling us more about the firmware, what does it do? did you manage to unlock the frequency and voltage features? also were you able to alter the temp-sensor to allow hashboards to mine if at least 1 out of 4 temp-sensors are detected?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
thierry4wd (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2020, 07:17:18 PM
Merited by mikeywith (1)

Hi , i have take control with sucess :

-Voltage
-Frequency
-Fan
-Remove signature
-Litle tweak for assitance of parameter (same on my S9K mod)

Wink

PS : i have find tester (thanks !!!) , he should post these results soon Wink

favebook

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 11:46:06 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2020, 04:20:10 AM by favebook
Merited by frodocooper (5)

I've given thierry4wd access to my S17e via TeamViewer (I was monitoring what he is doing for 90% of time) and here are results so far:

Miner Status with Downclock (FINALLY! My S17e can now run during summer without overheating every day at 11 AM due to high outside temperatures):

Miner Configuration page:

System status page (so you can see who's firmware it is and that it's actually S17e and not some other miner in case):

Slushpool with 100% exact hashrate as reported by miner (will update after longer time of work, was restarting it a bit so there are some dips):

I can post Kernel Log if anyone is interested but didn't see a point in doing so right now.

Miner seems to be working fine for hours and since I couldn't find any other custom firmware for S17e until now (not even Vnish - Taserz have it yet) this is working like a charm. But this is hard alpha of firmware so do not expect much of it yet!

Giving merit to thierry4wd as this is so God damn useful for me and he did me a solid! I suggest you opening a new thread when you finish your firmware or at least reach Beta.

I recommend you to look into Vnish firmware and try to add same features or/and more if you can.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 02:26:28 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2020, 02:48:31 AM by frodocooper

Miner Status with Downclock (FINALLY! My S17e can now run during summer without overheating every day at 11 AM due to high outside temperatures)...

Those temps are dope, i am glad it worked out for you, thierry4wd is indeed a skillful dude but he lacks financial support or else he would be on a different level now, I also like that fact that he is planning on a single time-payment rather than sharing your hash power.

Sadly since it's summer time, i can't ask you to test the overclocking settings on this miner, hopefully you can try them out a few months later when winter comes by.

For thierry4wd well done, make sure favebook gets free access for the updated versions of your firmware since he was nice enough to test it for you.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
thierry4wd (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2020, 02:45:40 PM
Merited by BitMaxz (1)

Thanks Wink

Yes of corse, i have promised full free for him  Cool , at this time, his miner run with my custom "beta" , full free of corse :p

At this time, i don't know how, but "miner configuration page" don't work ... no page ... i working actually for this .

thanks all for support me !!!  Grin

favebook

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 06:30:05 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2020, 02:48:59 AM by frodocooper

[...]

Those temps were taken at around 1AM when temp is around 15C instead of 35C(during the whole day) so they look incredible. I could test OC at around 2-3AM local time during 02.08.2020. as that is the next coldest night we will have, but I have a rather short window there to test it (1AM-7AM is only 6 hours and I might not achieve much in that time).

Yes, I am as well glad that there is a single time-payment rather than % as that is much better long-term for customers.

I'll be editing my previous post with up to date pictures from slushpool and miner status.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: