Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:06:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Gas fees too high  (Read 455 times)
CryptoDost (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:20:28 AM

This post is just to complain, i remember in the past - a year ago - a 10 Gwei Gas price would have your transaction confirmed in few minutes. Now it takes days... Average Gas is now 30-40 Gwei.
We recently paid 5$ on a contract with 10 Gwei Gas price, it has taken almost a week and the transaction still not confirmed, meaning can be rejected !
At least in bitcoin it's all transactions, and it does not pretend to be a chain for deploying or interacting with contracts!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoYar365

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:21:58 AM

Yes CryptoDost sir, Ethereum gas fees 5 times than before. Today minimum gas fees amount over $0.50.  If I transfer a minimum amount of assets, minimum gas fees 50 cent huge more. Last transaction I already paid 94 cent which is very much. Please Ethereum authority shout take actions. Please reduce Ethereum gas.
BestEarningTips

Activity: 81
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:25:10 AM

Hard work on DeFi platforms has led to an increase in the number of transactions, resulting in gas or transaction confirmation costs also increasing because of the limited network speed. Hope next month's TestNet of ETH 2.0 will solve this problem, hope Shardings will have the same positive impact as Lightning
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:31:44 AM

such transaction prices will simply kill ETH. many projects cannot afford such a price for sending coins, because many users need to send a small amount of money and the commission may be higher than the amount which they sent

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 07:41:11 AM

such transaction prices will simply kill ETH. many projects cannot afford such a price for sending coins, because many users need to send a small amount of money and the commission may be higher than the amount which they sent

Transaction fee has remained quite high, for both ETH and BTC for the last few weeks. It is not as bad as the situation we had in 2017 end, when users were paying up to $50 in fee for a single transaction. But if the trend continues, those days may repeat. The last time I checked, average transaction fee with Bitcoin was going at 102 Satoshi/Byte, which is almost 10 times higher than the normal rate. 
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:47:35 AM

Yes CryptoDost sir, Ethereum gas fees 5 times than before. Today minimum gas fees amount over $0.50.  If I transfer a minimum amount of assets, minimum gas fees 50 cent huge more. Last transaction I already paid 94 cent which is very much. Please Ethereum authority shout take actions. Please reduce Ethereum gas.

But come to think of it, eth transaction is still cheaper than when you transfer bitcoin from one exchange to another. Even eth tx from one exchange to another is relatively cheaper. But I am wondering with this Eth 2.0, will the gas fee be cheaper or expensive? What change are we going to expect in terms of transaction fees?
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:48:47 AM

I agree, the price is incredibly high, especially if you work with smart contracts, ETH need to do something about it, now only miners are happy.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:52:53 AM

Yea, its getting ridiculous on moments. I dont mind paying 50 cents for a transaction, even if that number is crazy high as well, but everything over a dollar is completely unacceptable in my eyes. A week or two ago I paid more than 10 bucks for a single stable coin swap on Kyber, a number that almost threw me out of my chair. ETH 2.0 cannot come fast enough.
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:06:13 AM

It is really strange when approaching the renewal instead of getting better but on the contrary.
it is not impossible that ETH users can switch to another altcoin, choosing the cheaper one when making a transaction.
Dariusburst

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:07:10 AM

I've never used 5$ for eth gas fee before, making the amount of ethereum you trying to send is big ? The highest I send was 850$ and I sent that with only 1$ to binance exchange, let's wait for the eth 2.0 to get completed
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:19:13 AM

The same goes for bitcoin.

Happens mostly when there is a price increase.
We will need to wait when all the transactions that are stuck are confirmed.
Miners are set automatically to confirm transactions with higher payments.
So those which have paid less will really need to wait until they clean up the high priorities tx.
More will pay more thinking there is still profit after they got out.
dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:32:47 AM

The same goes for bitcoin.

Happens mostly when there is a price increase.
We will need to wait when all the transactions that are stuck are confirmed.
Miners are set automatically to confirm transactions with higher payments.
So those which have paid less will really need to wait until they clean up the high priorities tx.
More will pay more thinking there is still profit after they got out.
This is true! The gas fees of ETH are currently high because the price of ETH is increasing and a lot of people are making transactions with ETH. It not only happens with ETH, but it also happens to every single coin when the coin gets increasing in price. It all depends on you, the more you pay, the faster the transaction is. However, consider it with your profits, if you aren't in a rush, waiting is not a bad thing. 

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:39:22 AM

This post is just to complain, i remember in the past - a year ago - a 10 Gwei Gas price would have your transaction confirmed in few minutes. Now it takes days... Average Gas is now 30-40 Gwei.
We recently paid 5$ on a contract with 10 Gwei Gas price, it has taken almost a week and the transaction still not confirmed, meaning can be rejected !
At least in bitcoin it's all transactions, and it does not pretend to be a chain for deploying or interacting with contracts!

If you have been doing transactions on ethereum Blockchain recently, you would have discovered that it's been some weeks now that the transactions fees has been skyrocketing.  Transactions that I used to do with $0.1 before has now turned to around $0.7. This could be due to the increase in the price of ETH among other reasons other members have highlighted.
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:47:22 AM

It is really strange when approaching the renewal instead of getting better but on the contrary.
it is not impossible that ETH users can switch to another altcoin, choosing the cheaper one when making a transaction.
indeed when making a transaction there will be many people who are looking for other coin alternatives that can provide very cheap shipping costs, ethereum is usually only used to seek the benefits of the miners and investors so that if to make transactions between places of exchange I am sure many who prefer alternative coins which has lower shipping costs.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 08:52:00 AM

This will be a huge issue on their network but since they are going to migrate soon on PoS, I think they could improve the system of the scalability and this problem with congested network. A lot of projects are relying much to the eth network especially the defi ecosystem. The only solution for now is to send higher gas fee if you are trading altcoins or making any transaction.

lizarder

Activity: 1554
Merit: 877

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:55:21 AM

now for "Safelow" has started to go down a few hours ago I had to check on ethgasstation site and safelow is 10 gwei this is not guaranteed to survive, but at least if you want to save on transaction costs it doesn't hurt to use gwei around 10-30, and also if you use Safelow this is only for transactions that are not urgent because safelow usually can take quite a long time, currently safelow has risen to 20 gwei.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:58:48 AM

The ethereum gas fees depends on the value of transaction in dollars. Albeit it differ in gwei, the fastness you want it to deliver on
Here is the link of recommended gas gwei of the amount charged the last 30days on ethereum25 leaderboard
 https://ethgasstation.info/

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 09:32:17 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2020, 09:54:42 AM by qwizzie

Hard work on DeFi platforms has led to an increase in the number of transactions, resulting in gas or transaction confirmation costs also increasing because of the limited network speed. Hope next month's TestNet of ETH 2.0 will solve this problem, hope Shardings will have the same positive impact as Lightning

Source : https://consensys.net/knowledge-base/ethereum-2/faq/

Phase 0 has a soft target of end 2020.
Phase 0 will not do anything with regards to Ethereum network getting max utilized (currently at 95%) thanks to DeFi.
Phase 0 will not reduce gas fees and it will not reduce transaction confirmation time.

Ethereum will need Phase 1 & 2 for that (the shard chains), which is planned for later years.
In other words : if DeFi transactions keeps increasing on Ethereum network, it will get slower and slower and fees will get higher and higher.

This has happened once before with Ethereum, in 2018. Thanks to a certain Dapp called cryptokitties--> network congestion and high gas fees.
It has happened with Bitcoin too, during its bullrun in 2018 --> network congestion and high transaction fees.

Both networks are still missing transaction scalability.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 10:00:46 AM

This thread will help you to understand why you have high transactions fees and how to adjust the fees so you will only need small fees for every transaction you do.

Read it here.

Check and select good Gas price (in Gwei) for your needs

Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 11:28:45 AM

This is the result of Eth having it's own bull run that's why the gas price is really peaking as well. I also remember that there is a record high of Eth wallets in the last couple of days, so for sure it added to this whole "mess" of clogging the network and then we have the Defi hype, Eth 2.0 on the horizon.

Maybe this thread can help you out:

https://ethgasstation.info/

If you don't want to pay high gas fees, then maybe you need to wait a little bit and see when it settles down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: