Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:28:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Gas fees too high  (Read 455 times)
htsy585

Activity: 573
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:46:43 PM

To be honest, the current transaction cost is way too much abd frustrating to the core. Spending almost $0.5 for Eth transactions and more for other ERC20 tokens is just exorbitant, i was thinking the wallet I'm using was the cause but it wasn't because virtually every one is complaining about it.  I just hope something is done ASAP to correct this, otherwise there won't be much difference between eth charges and FIAT charges

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rajsimran

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:48:45 PM

Yes Now a days Ethereum Gas fees so high. 3 days ago made a trx & Paid around 0.20$ for gas fees. But it takes around 18hours to confirm the trx. I didn't know that Ethereum gas fees so high then i tried to send them again for higher gas fees but chain showing that this trx will be complete after old trx confirmation. It's really annoying and costly for ETH user.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:14:00 PM

This post is just to complain, i remember in the past - a year ago - a 10 Gwei Gas price would have your transaction confirmed in few minutes. Now it takes days... Average Gas is now 30-40 Gwei.
We recently paid 5$ on a contract with 10 Gwei Gas price, it has taken almost a week and the transaction still not confirmed, meaning can be rejected !
At least in bitcoin it's all transactions, and it does not pretend to be a chain for deploying or interacting with contracts!
I also noticed that the commission has increased recently and was surprised because I saw such prices for the first time.  I waited overnight and the transaction cost me $ 0.18.  I noticed a long time ago that transfers are much cheaper at night.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:20:22 PM

This post is just to complain, i remember in the past - a year ago - a 10 Gwei Gas price would have your transaction confirmed in few minutes. Now it takes days... Average Gas is now 30-40 Gwei.
We recently paid 5$ on a contract with 10 Gwei Gas price, it has taken almost a week and the transaction still not confirmed, meaning can be rejected !
At least in bitcoin it's all transactions, and it does not pretend to be a chain for deploying or interacting with contracts!
Yes,i also surprised when i tried to make an ethereum transaction with a higher gas fee. Maybe it is because the value of ethereum is also increasing. Or because the demand of ethereum are keep on increasing. I really want to now the reason behind ethereum higher gas fee as of now.

Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:26:27 PM

This is the price for using smart contracts. It remains to be glad that they do not take a commission for requesting the balance on the account wallet

Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 09:22:27 PM

Yes Now a days Ethereum Gas fees so high. 3 days ago made a trx & Paid around 0.20$ for gas fees. But it takes around 18hours to confirm the trx. I didn't know that Ethereum gas fees so high then i tried to send them again for higher gas fees but chain showing that this trx will be complete after old trx confirmation. It's really annoying and costly for ETH user.
I did a transaction the other day and choose lower fee gas it took me of waiting more than 8 hours to receive the eth. So what I did actually I just add fees to make it fast the transactions and just 10-15 minutes transactions completed. This really shows that the network is busy daily and demands is increasing. It is expensive using this eth platform when doing transactions when the price increase in the market the fees does.
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 10:04:22 PM

I don't know what I have to do, I'm really frustrated with this increase in GAS ethereum,
sending just a few ERC20 tokens is already very expensive, honestly I'm disappointed
yes I also feel the same as you, I just hope the gas will return to normal soon so that everyone does not feel disappointed. if this happens in one month maybe we can spend 1 ETH only on gas Cry

Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 10:29:33 PM

I'd never think there is a problem with the fees, we can still set it to 5Gwei if we want (or even lower from that). The main concern here is that you want your transfer to be instant and that is hard this time because of heavy network traffic in the blockchain in which delays will be expected. If you can wait for that long, 1 day, 2 days, depending on how long it confirms is not a problem anyway.

Take a look at how much you pay for Bitcoin transfer, you will never be shocked that it is much higher than ETH but people have no complaint about it because they already new the possible case to happen. If you want save a few cents from doing transaction, then choose also to wait longer, actually, it surely arrives to its destination as well.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 11:13:49 PM

I think this is a real concern that been known to dev and maybe they will find a way around it remember btc had thesame issue years back for now just be patient ETH will fix gas issues

Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 11:27:32 PM

The increase in gas fee for ethereum is as a result of the congestions experience in the network. I personally don't know what is actually causing the congestion but taking a closer look at gas station, I can see that the highest gas was spent by USDT and the second highest was on Forsage.
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 11:49:08 PM

Ethereum gas fees are much higher than before. We are facing several problems like bounty distribution, airdrop tokens and low valuable coins. For these gas fees, we don't get our rewards in time. I don't know how to solve it but these gas fees now force us to open an exchange account. Ethereum blockchain users won't be satisfied with these high gas fees.

kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 11:58:19 PM

everything is now increasing, mate. Don't compare today's fees and the previous year, it should be changing.
Well, the fees of ETH are increasing, but so far, this is still low enough. However, of course, higher fees will be required if we are going to have a faster transaction to be processed. In this case, fees will depend on the speed of the transactions. But for the standard fees, yes, this is increasing but not too much for me. We cannot complain about it anymore because we only use this platform. Some factors may influence these increased fees. Well, even it is higher several times, we do not have any choice again. except changing the coin into other coins that have lower fees (if in exchange). But if in the wallet, we have no choice but only following the fee regulation.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 11:58:52 PM

I also postponed the transaction because the gas increase was quite high. I am not sure what the cause is, it could be because the ETH is in an important development phase, the price has risen quite high, so this has an effect on internal transaction rates. But, with all the benefits that we can, security, speed, convenience, it is quite comparable to the costs we provide.
It's a bit unfair if we compare it with some time before. Have all things changed? so let's just accept this situation patiently.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
CryptoCrawler_2017

Activity: 68
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 12:00:15 AM

We hope the Ethereum 2 launch for real so we can ditch these greedy miners lol.
Etherum Founders got the point of this matter & it's time to forget about blockchain saturation & all this bullshit going on since years now when some kido Dapps make the whole network stuck for ever to confirm couple transactions.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 12:37:28 AM

everything is now increasing, mate. Don't compare today's fees and the previous year, it should be changing.
Well, the fees of ETH are increasing, but so far, this is still low enough. However, of course, higher fees will be required if we are going to have a faster transaction to be processed. In this case, fees will depend on the speed of the transactions. But for the standard fees, yes, this is increasing but not too much for me. We cannot complain about it anymore because we only use this platform. Some factors may influence these increased fees. Well, even it is higher several times, we do not have any choice again. except changing the coin into other coins that have lower fees (if in exchange). But if in the wallet, we have no choice but only following the fee regulation.

I don't know what low means to you but sending a $10 worth of coins with a $0.50 fee is really high compared to a centralized services or other cryptocurrency which is only a cent ($0.01) and sometimes free. Though you are right that we can only wait what is going to happen.

Look at the bright sight, because of Defi hype and Ethereum 2.0, we are clearly having a blast with the price right now and it is still growing. I hope Ethereum 2.0 solve this fee problem though.
Grassy

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 01:56:17 PM

[/quote]
I don't know what low means to you but sending a $10 worth of coins with a $0.50 fee is really high
[/quote]

Lucky you. The fee is now around $4 for me. Iv stopped trading because I lose more money than I could profit. Very frustrating.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 10:09:03 AM

This is a scalability related issue. Most of the people in crypto already face this all the time when there is a hype and number of transactions take place on daily basis. The blockchain cannot handle the transactions at low cost even during hype rush and people talk about mass adoption as a currency (in which case it’s going to be thousands time worst scenario that what presently is).

All the above, I think that the average gas price has just shot up to 97-100 Gwei. I just read a post of a guy who’s 11 ETHs have been stuck in a transaction because he paid lower gas price (25 Gwei). Ethereum team should focus on this situation and reduce the fees.
Elite70
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 07:51:37 AM

Eth mainnet gas fees are so high and been really a pain in the ass for everyone. Luckily we have other options like xDAI chain,why go for high fees if we can farm and stake on xdai chain. Just want to share how I earn great rewards farming XGT/xDAI on xdai chain with less than $0.01/tx. On Honeyswap. You may want to check it here:

https://Xion.finance

https://info.honeyswap.org/pair/0xB2B15DaE735e52CA0902824570Bd2458d78672f8
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: