Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Name really matter in crypto?  (Read 3473 times)
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 03:25:56 PM

In my opinion, the name of a crypto only represents 20% of what is presented, the rest such as products, benefits, problem solving and others are very influential on the development of crypto. A qualified team indicates that the crypto is ready and suitable for distribution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 03:32:24 PM

Please there's something I really want to understand about this crypto industry because at times as a newbie in this cryptocurrency industry you might get this wrong by making more mistakes in crypto. Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?
The name does matter and that is why projects opt for short, modern, easy to spell and remember names.
It is also important for branding.
If name was not important can you imagine remembering projects as project 96352 etc?? That would have been awful.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Oppo57
Copper Member

Activity: 1078
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 09:55:21 AM

I don't think you need your name to be successful in cryptomarket. The name is just a means to identify you. You also have to work hard and you have to work efficiently to be successful in this cryptocurrency. Only your work can make you successful.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MOCKTAIL ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████      FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC     █████    SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       PANCAKE      ███
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 10:10:55 AM

I don't think you need your name to be successful in cryptomarket. The name is just a means to identify you. You also have to work hard and you have to work efficiently to be successful in this cryptocurrency. Only your work can make you successful.

This will differ from each person as for some name may not matter 100%, but to an extent should be good and nothing which could insult or a banned word something like that if used it could have negative impact as well. Also for someone everything could be in a name itself though overall the coin should be able to solve problems and this will have the demand for such coins.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 10:13:03 AM

Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?

To a certain degree, yes, in my opinion. You only have to ask yourself the simple question: What coin would you rather invest in? One called BitcoinXYZ that is nothing more than a fork without changes (i.e. totally worthless in principle) or a new innovative coin that solves problems of current technology and is called AuntsJudyCoin? So the majority would rather invest in the first coin although it is a complete shitcoin.
codpku

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 10:27:10 AM

I think thats not really matter, a name just good for marketing or advertising so all people notice the coin strange name or catchy name thats not a big deal, more important that the project behind them, the team that work really hard behind them 51
That most important than a name
As long all the investors happy and all the bounty hunters get the paid worth to what they do who care about the name of coin or project

LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 11:00:04 AM

name is not an important requirement for a project, in my opinion, a cool name only attracts a few people to invest. But in fact, investment people do not see the name but see the quality of the products offered Cheesy
I think you can think, the name is important or not Wink
True indeed, what matter is the purpose of the project and how they managed to achieve their goals in the process.  But name could also be another point to make the project more well known, a catcy name and also a good logo might give them a higher score when investors hears about them. Everythint matters as long as the dev put their mind and soul into making the project successful and id possible not like any other projects. So each has their own opinion of name branding and all.
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 02:31:58 PM

Please there's something I really want to understand about this crypto industry because at times as a newbie in this cryptocurrency industry you might get this wrong by making more mistakes in crypto. Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?
It doesn't matter a lot but what matters a lot in the cryptocurrency should be your product. For me, it sounds like so many major coins were using the strange names but when it can prove to build a proper product and that's not a big problem at all.
I agree with you, the name won't carry the project to the top but the product and services that is available for render for the community. There projects with weird names but they are successful with their products and services and others have some most better names but unfortunately don't are not as successful as compared to their brand names.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 02:53:23 PM

I agree with you, the name won't carry the project to the top but the product and services that is available for render for the community. There projects with weird names but they are successful with their products and services and others have some most better names but unfortunately don't are not as successful as compared to their brand names.

Who would have thought that a word coined from a dog will be one of the successful coins in the market but it did and that's DOGE coin, we could have Cat a lizard or a bear for a name but if they can offer features and security I'll be willing to support that than a good name that is obviously will turn to scam.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 03:00:48 PM

The name is so important, a serious project needs a serious and meaningful name. The names of cryptocurrencies need to be easy to read and remember the characters for users to find them convenient. I do a lot of projects with names of animals, objects, or anything else. They look dumb and more meme-like. Some of the names of cryptocurrencies represent nothing but the most important thing is the quality of the project and how the development team works.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 03:01:09 PM

In my opinion, the name of a crypto only represents 20% of what is presented, the rest such as products, benefits, problem solving and others are very influential on the development of crypto. A qualified team indicates that the crypto is ready and suitable for distribution.

The name represents 20%? I would say not even 1 %. People buy shitcoins with stupid names that do not mean anything even. Ghost, Chainlink AAve whatever. The project is only as good as the activity and benefits it delivers,,, everything else people forgive especially a bad name.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 11:45:06 PM

Sometimes it is also difficult to base on the crypto name to be our basis for determing that this is a good project, sometimes there are people who look at good names but in the end it is a scam. But sometimes the name serves as an attraction to get the attention to make people interested.
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 11:52:18 PM

The name represents 20%? I would say not even 1 %. People buy shitcoins with stupid names that do not mean anything even. Ghost, Chainlink AAve whatever. The project is only as good as the activity and benefits it delivers,,, everything else people forgive especially a bad name.
in my opinion the name in cryptocurrency is not too important because investors will only see the project being developed and how the project is in the eyes of humans, when many people use this project and it is very helpful to solve a problem then this project will have a very high price because many who use it.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 01:38:11 AM

It does, you don't want to see your coins referred to someone else as the knockoff of other shitscam coins and the other uninteresting names that you could find, it's not something that you have to worry about but people will remember the name if you make something either bad or good stuff into that projects and people will know the name in the future, just saying.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Bitcoin Miners

Activity: 440
Merit: 100

Roobet

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 02:40:22 AM

I think the name is not as important as what they do with their project. People just only remember when that project is really successfull and be recognized by community.

bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2020, 02:58:27 AM

~snip~
Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?

The name is only a link to a project, while the development of a very interesting project and innovation will make the name high. It doesn't matter if you have an animal name like DOGE, or a fruit name like APPLE, what matters is how much impact you can have on the entire crypto ecosystem. The more useful, the more famous even if the name you use is not good
TheMystic

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 07:43:50 PM

At times name goes with project use case, but in most cases, name does not matter. All that matters is the project delivering what its promised. Don't fish for names before investing. Do your checks properly before going in to invest. Don't fall in love with any new project or name, else you get carried away and get dumped on.

► ClipX ◄ ♦ The World’s first Blockchain E-Learning Platform ♦ ► ClipX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 07:47:47 PM

I think the name is not as important as what they do with their project. People just only remember when that project is really successfull and be recognized by community.
The name is just something that makes the project different, the problem is do not use the names associated with the existing projects, it will make many investors confused and suspicious of the project. judgment. Also, as you said, a successful project must have a good development team. The name couldn't make it a success

FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 08:19:45 PM

To be honest, investors are only interested in the product and development team of the project. If the project has a good product and an active team, it will surely grow strongly. The name does not affect the projects too much, except for projects that plagiarize the names of other projects Grin

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 11:53:22 PM

Why? have you seen so many fork coins in the market? even they were forked coins but they can get the demand from the market and why it caused by the name that has already used similar to the name of popular coin that is already known by almost all of the crypto users. That brings the popularity too.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄