Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows startup super slow/freezing after updating GPU drivers.  (Read 98 times)
Bilonix (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 06:03:21 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2020, 07:53:29 AM by Bilonix

Hello, so my issue started right after I finished installing the Drivers for my GPU rig.
Before the drivers I could boot the PC up to the desktop no problem and semi quickly.
Now it is extremely sluggish and 95% of the time freezes before I get to the desktop and by the time I can get it loaded up, it will freeze when I try to open Google to install the ati Pixel Patcher thing for a BIOS modded 470 4GB.
It's so slow and unresponsive and freezes on almost everything, I can't even load Google to download my miners.
I've been trying to unplug everything and try one GPU at a time but they all have the same result.
I even tried using a HDD from a different PC to my the boot faster but it wouldn't even get me to the user login page it would be black forever.
It was all going well until I installed the drivers.
If anyone knows the steps to trouble shoot this would be great cheers!
H110M Pro-VD Mobo
1000w EVGA PSU
2x470 1x570 1x380
8gb DDR4 ram
I5-7500 Intel CPU

UPDATE: I've been able to get the system to boot with one card plugged in to PCIe, I can run the amd auto detect tool and it will start doing its thing and will ask me to reboot. I've tried the process with one card plugged in and also all cards plugged in and both give me thread stuck in device driver.
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 02:29:58 PM

DDU the drivers and reinstall fresh. Could well be a conflict between the old ones and new ones. Or its trying to assign the drivers for all the cards at once. Try adding one card at a time until you get them all on. Give it 10mins between each reboot and card.

So have one card
Reboot and leave on for 10min
Switch off
Add second card
Reboot and leave on for 10min
Switch off
Add third card etc etc etc.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: