Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:34:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My first game! Zombie Shooter  (Read 439 times)
James222 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Wassup?

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:37:33 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 01:29:02 AM by James222

My first game! Cheesy

Hey guys. It's me James and I'm happy to announce my first game! I've worked on it for about 7 hours and that including the launcher. It's a simple game. You have to shoot the zombies that spawn every wave. You have a maximum of ammo and when it reaches 0, you're dead. It has no sound right now, but I'm working on that.

Thanks for reading. Please consider a donation: 1F42Zd7TbHxPvvyBZveQUpnYZaN4Euw7n8

ThatCryptoGuy

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:01:01 PM

It looks pretty good. I like the fact that it's simple, and easy to understand. I like the launch screen quite a lot.

Here are some things i think you should add.

Instructions: It took me a while to figure out the controls.

Better graphics: Now I'm not saying anything 'next gen' but really it looks like you spent five minutes in paint on them.

More room to move: Ok, I know you spent 7 hours on it, but I honestly think you need more room to move, and not just up and down, but that will take a while, I know.

The wall should change so that we know how much damage it is taking: The subheading, says it all. I think you do need to see how much longer the wall has before you die

When the wall breaks don't die instantly: Give us a chance. On the first level you have about 5 seconds before the wall breaks, and you die instantly.

Apart from that; It's Great!  Wink
James222 (OP)

Wassup?

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:11:11 PM

It looks pretty good. I like the fact that it's simple, and easy to understand. I like the launch screen quite a lot.

Here are some things i think you should add.

Instructions: It took me a while to figure out the controls.

Better graphics: Now I'm not saying anything 'next gen' but really it looks like you spent five minutes in paint on them.

More room to move: Ok, I know you spent 7 hours on it, but I honestly think you need more room to move, and not just up and down, but that will take a while, I know.

The wall should change so that we know how much damage it is taking: The subheading, says it all. I think you do need to see how much longer the wall has before you die

When the wall breaks don't die instantly: Give us a chance. On the first level you have about 5 seconds before the wall breaks, and you die instantly.

Apart from that; It's Great!  Wink

All great ideas. The models indeed did take me a couple minutes to do Tongue All there ideas are probably gonna be in the next versions!
James222 (OP)

Wassup?

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:28:49 AM

Bump! Game has been updated & it's launcher too!
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 01:36:53 AM

My first game! Cheesy

Hey guys. It's me James and I'm happy to announce my first game! I've worked on it for about 7 hours and that including the launcher. It's a simple game. You have to shoot the zombies that spawn every wave. You have a maximum of ammo and when it reaches 0, you're dead. It has no sound right now, but I'm working on that.

Thanks for reading. Please consider a donation: 1F42Zd7TbHxPvvyBZveQUpnYZaN4Euw7n8

It is not bad! Smiley You should consider to develop games by using ready engines ... much better results!

But this is not bad at all! Smiley
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:52:48 AM

not bad

wat? :O

7 hours :OO

I didn't know you can create a game so fast!

upload it to some java game websites, or make your own website Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: