Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:41:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mininig with Air Conditioner ???  (Read 855 times)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:51:57 AM

Generally you shouldn't point an air conditioner DIRECTLY on exposed computer parts which is basically what most open air mining rigs are. Reason why is because depending on the humidity some of the water vapors can go on your GPUs and damage them.

However will this be an issue? As long as they are running the water would evaporate almost instantely and not cause damage. However if the rigs crash one day and GPUs are cold and you got a AC pointed at it, you might find it completely wet one day.

This thread however brings back memories. Back in the Litecointalk days, there was a fellow that had so many GPUs that he actually had to use an air conditioner to cool his place..... in the winter.  Crazy times.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kral_658 (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2020, 08:53:19 AM

Almost dust free wit air conditioner. I like dust free option. Everything works well.
Nothing wet so far. I point the cold air to the ground.

I have no any idea for winter times.
But i need air conditioner for summer times.
it s too hot till October in my place.
I wanna keep using air conditioner in winter. The outside temp in winter is around 15c - 20c here.

I will send some photos for you people.
Xgemone

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 02:16:17 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2021, 01:09:47 PM by Xgemone

In general, this is a pretty funny topic, no, seriously. Air conditioning mining is ingenious. Although what I'm surprised, I often began to hear something someone started to mine on Game Boy or on the first pc from Apple. I won't be surprised if tomorrow I find out that some enthusiast has started mining on smartwatches. And with regards to the air conditioner, you just reminded me of my problem. I have small children at home, and they often spill something on him and this is a quiet horror. I'm already so tired of calling these guys airconservicingsingapore.com , I think they already consider me as their employee. The air conditioner should be moved away from children.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 08:06:12 PM

So far i found air conditioner best cooling system, my place is very hot in summer 45-50C outside and very dusty. Here vents dont help much when temperature gets above 40C. Luckily my electricity is very cheap thats why air conditioner works best for me
TheMimic1

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 06:22:26 AM

I have 4 pcs mining rigs. Each of them has 12 GPUs RX570 4GB.
Total 48 GPU. I want to use air conditioner for cooling.
What should I do ? is it safe to use air conditioner ?

cold air and hot air in the same room is a problem ?
I dont care about the profitibality I just want to know is there any problem if i use air conditioner ?
The cold air dircetly to the rigs or somewhere else direction ?

if there is anyone use air conditioner, please help me. I want to be set up a proffessional system.
7kw air conditioner is enough ?
Consider air conditioner if you have free electricity, they are the best for cooling and don't listen to other ideas about well ventilation or some fan modding, air conditioning works best

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     ITSMYNE     ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Social-plus NFT marketplace for official sports NFTs
[      t w i t t e r      ]  [    t e l e g r a m    ]  [   i n s t a g r a m   ]  [      d i s c o r d      ]
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 28, 2021, 12:40:59 PM

How do you think the price for courting the aircorn system would be?
You should choose an air conditioner or several air conditioners depending on the amount of heat that your mining farms give off.
If your mining farms consume 3 kilowatts per hour, the air conditioner will consume 0.8-1 kilowatts per hour.
I don't know what aircorn is, but the calculation principle is basically the same.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2021, 02:38:27 PM

I dont care about the profitibality I just want to know is there any problem if i use air conditioner ?

if there is anyone use air conditioner, please help me. I want to be set up a proffessional system.
dont use air conditioner for mining, you only burning electric for 1-2c cooler for 600watt full ac

better using in&out fan/exhaust consume only 50w both of them....

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 11:27:48 AM

I had the experience of using 35 RX570 video cards and analogs in a 30 square meter room without air conditioning.
Several holes in the wall measuring 10x12 centimeters were used for ventilation.
For 3 years, more than one video card did not break, although in the summer it was very hot in the room.
The summer temperature rose above 35 degrees for several weeks. This summer was very hot

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Didz

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 01:22:49 PM

I use a commercial AC to cool down my 42 GPUs and since march everything has been perfect!

To be more specific it's the Mitsubishi 24,000 BTU Wall Mounted Air Conditioner Air Handler
Model: PKA-A24KA7.TH

https://www.mitsubishitechinfo.ca/sites/default/files/SB_PKA-A24KA7_PUY-A24NHA7%28-BS%29_201908.pdf

I am planning to add more GPUs so that way I am sure the temperature and humidity are controlled plus it works during winter, the outdoor unit can do up until -40°C.

It cost me 7,358.40 CAD and I have professional technicians I can contact quickly if something wrong happened.

What will damage your GPUs the most is the heat, I am planning to keep healthy my GPUs for years to come and I don't have to bother anymore with a ventilation system which you have to constantly adjust manually based on the outside temperature.

It's been amazing up until now but for someone with high electricity cost it might not be financially wise. Here in Québec I pay 0,10$ per kWh which is pretty low and our electricity comes from a green and renewable source.

Viva Ethereum Blockchain Revolution...What About Helium Network?
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 01:51:05 PM

But why?  I live south of you in much warmer part and run hundreds of gpus even in the heat of August when it can get to 110F and no issue with over heating on just ambient air temps.  And before you say it hurts the gear.  A lot of my gear is now 5 years old and still running.  Out of over 300+ gpus ive lost a total of 4 units in all these years.  I think either you dont know how to set up the gear or you are imagining probelms that dont exist (or you have terrible air exchange with the outside).  Either way i pay about 1/2 the power cost you do and have a lot more profit because none is wasted on AC.  My power is all hydro. 

Do as you please but there is no need for AC. 

Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 02:16:22 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2021, 03:38:01 PM by Pendrak

I use a commercial AC to cool down my 42 GPUs and since march everything has been perfect!

To be more specific it's the Mitsubishi 24,000 BTU Wall Mounted Air Conditioner Air Handler

https://www.mitsubishitechinfo.ca/sites/default/files/SB_PKA-A24KA7_PUY-A24NHA7%28-BS%29_201908.pdf

I am planning to add more GPUs so that way I am sure the temperature and humidity are controlled plus it works during winter, the outdoor unit can do up until -40°C.

It cost me 7,358.40 CAD and I have professional technicians I can contact quickly if something wrong happened.

What will damage your GPUs the most is the heat, I am planning to keep healthy my GPUs for years to come and I don't have to bother anymore with a ventilation system which you have to constantly adjust manually based on the outside temperature.

It's been amazing up until now but for someone with high electricity cost it might not be financially wise. Here in Québec I pay 0,10$ per kWh which is pretty low and our electricity comes from a green and renewable source.

False

What most kill GPU are the moist.

Never use AC units if you want your GPU last years.

I have 56 GPU in a a room at 34C all year since 2017 (somethimes the room get at 40C) and all perfect, so far 2 MSI armor and 1 Powercolor fail but thats a problem with the heatsink (in this models they dont touch the memory, only the GPU) i fix then reballing the memory that fail.

Just put all the cards on a "Hot Room" and "Cold Room" and you will fine.

Miner container is the best example.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 03:46:09 PM

False

I have 56 GPU in a a room at 34C all year since 2017 (somethimes the room get at 40C) and all perfect, so far 2 MSI armor and 1 Powercolor fail but thats a problem with the heatsink (in this models they dont touch the memory, only the GPU) i fix then reballing the memory that fail.

AC removes moist, it dehumidifies the air.

also 24,000 btu is enough if you are in a cold climate but if you are in a hot climate you'll need x2 to x3 of that 24,000 btu.
Didz

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 10:02:50 PM

I dont mine ETH. So, the power consumption is low. 48 GPUs eats only 4200W
The income isnt important. This is my hobby. I want to see everything well running, clean and tidy.

The AC system is the inverter one. The power consumption is 400W-2200W. It changes all the time.
Static will be problem ? or any other problem ?

My rigs are running on the same room with the AC for a few days. There is no any problem so far.
The AC doesnt blow the air to the rigs directly. The room is enough cold.
I set autofan option in HiveOS. The temparatures of the GPUs are 59c-66c.
I dont want GPUs are so cold. 59c-66c is enough for me. In this way, the AC system eats lower WATT.
The important thing is the GPUs has no dust, no overheating.

My Mitsubishi commercial AC also has the benefits of a variable speed inverter scroll compression which means:

Conventional compressors typically only run at one speed and can only cycle
between on and off – not an effective method for delivering cooling in a
server room. The P-Series is equipped with Mitsubishi Electric’s quality-made,
durable variable speed inverter scroll compressor that can adjust its speed to
provide precise cooling as needed. This means:
• a consistent, precise temperature is maintained at all times;
• increased energy efficiencies, resulting in cost savings;
• when a server room expands, the P-Series can adapt to the increasing heat
load without requiring the installation of additional equipment.

My AC cost me around 3,50 CAD per day (2% of my average daily revenue) for continuous sensible heat load of my minage room. I will soon add more GPUs and will capitalize even more on my AC daily cost even though I spent many hours to set my node validator on RocketPool for the upcoming ETH merge.

Viva Ethereum Blockchain Revolution...What About Helium Network?
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 03:11:06 AM

I dont mine ETH. So, the power consumption is low. 48 GPUs eats only 4200W
The income isnt important. This is my hobby. I want to see everything well running, clean and tidy.

The AC system is the inverter one. The power consumption is 400W-2200W. It changes all the time.
Static will be problem ? or any other problem ?

My rigs are running on the same room with the AC for a few days. There is no any problem so far.
The AC doesnt blow the air to the rigs directly. The room is enough cold.
I set autofan option in HiveOS. The temparatures of the GPUs are 59c-66c.
I dont want GPUs are so cold. 59c-66c is enough for me. In this way, the AC system eats lower WATT.
The important thing is the GPUs has no dust, no overheating.

My Mitsubishi commercial AC also has the benefits of a variable speed inverter scroll compression which means:

Conventional compressors typically only run at one speed and can only cycle
between on and off – not an effective method for delivering cooling in a
server room. The P-Series is equipped with Mitsubishi Electric’s quality-made,
durable variable speed inverter scroll compressor that can adjust its speed to
provide precise cooling as needed. This means:
• a consistent, precise temperature is maintained at all times;
• increased energy efficiencies, resulting in cost savings;
load without requiring the installation of additional equipment.

My AC cost me around 3,50 CAD per day (2% of my average daily revenue) for continuous sensible heat load of my minage room. I will soon add more GPUs and will capitalize even more on my AC daily cost even though I spent many hours to set my node validator on RocketPool for the upcoming ETH merge.

the data sheet you posted stated it is twin rotary and not scroll compression.

a non inverter will be having the same performance as an inverter at maxed out capacity.

the only good thing about an inverter is this
because it is better in adjusting than a typical thermostat which is an on-off switch.

but i'll have a different strategy if i were you, i'll use a non inverter windows type 12,000 btu for the first 50% setup of the rigs, as the mining expands i'll add another 12,000 btu. the benefits are..
- non inverter AC are cheaper.
- if an AC has a problem you can run your farm at 50% (backup model)
- window type are just square boxes, 12000 btu AC is still small enough for a single person to remove and install, so if you are a one man army like me, you can DIY (change capacitor, clean, install etc.), no need to call anybody and waste time. non inverter AC are lighter than inverter AC BTW.

have a spare AC so you can continue mining while an AC is in maintenance.  

have an air filter sheet that you can place over the evaporator intake, this will reduce your maintenance times for cleaning the evaporator.
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 02:02:43 PM

False

also 24,000 btu is enough if you are in a cold climate but if you are in a hot climate you'll need x2 to x3 of that 24,000 btu.

You need buy a dehumidifier if you want remove the moist, not a AC conditioner. See how DATACENTERS remove the moist.

https://www.cielowigle.com/blog/dehumidifier-vs-air-conditioner/
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 04:24:47 PM

False

You need buy a dehumidifier if you want remove the moist, not a AC conditioner. See how DATACENTERS remove the moist.

https://www.cielowigle.com/blog/dehumidifier-vs-air-conditioner/

if you want to dehumidify without air conditioning, dehumidifier will work but if you have an air conditioning then you don't need a dehumidifier., what you need to buy is a humidity measurement tool so you can decide if you need both or an AC is enough, chances are AC is enough.

the water dripping from the AC unit..that's water being removed from the air.
Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 03, 2021, 09:54:30 AM

most of us like to vent the hot air out of the room.

7kw air conditioner is not what I need to know

how many btu does it do?

you have 48 card that can pull 150 watts each that is 7200 watts 1 watt of heat is about 4 btu

so you produce about 28,000 to 30,000 btu.

you ac would need to cool more then 35,000 btu.

I would also like to mention you won't be able to use your 48 cards past nov or dec of this year. They won't work on eth or other algos.

read this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5265702.0

it will help you to understand all those cards will become useless for mining very soon.
Philipma1957 I believe that more new coins are coming into crypto as we speak so they will have less DAG requirements? What about Ethereum Classic mining algorithm? When it was upgraded even 3gb GPUs can mine them, rx580s are 4gb I'm sure they will have some usefulness

FloridaKid

Activity: 375
Merit: 15

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 03, 2021, 10:19:20 AM

I don't like using AC in my farm because they consume more power than my mining rig, not good if you don't have extremely cheap power solutions it's better to buy two exhaust fans, they are different in size depending on how big your farm is

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2021, 03:54:06 PM

I don't like using AC in my farm because they consume more power than my mining rig, not good if you don't have extremely cheap power solutions it's better to buy two exhaust fans, they are different in size depending on how big your farm is
The problem may be that air conditioning cannot be installed in some rooms, while ventilation cannot be installed in others.
For example, if I put the air conditioner in my garage and leave it on at night, then the thieves will guess that there is a mining farm there.
Such moments should always be kept in mind.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2021, 09:49:49 PM

The problem may be that air conditioning cannot be installed in some rooms, while ventilation cannot be installed in others.
For example, if I put the air conditioner in my garage and leave it on at night, then the thieves will guess that there is a mining farm there.
Such moments should always be kept in mind.

Same with ventilation lol.

Security is another section/chapter/topic in mining.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: