Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:07:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mininig with Air Conditioner ???  (Read 855 times)
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 05, 2021, 10:51:07 AM

And I have natural ventilation, but I always try to do so that there is no unnecessary noise.
This situation is highly dependent on your neighbors and the crime in your area.
If there are more than 100 video cards in the room, then many miners prefer to use security.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Count_Frackula

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2021, 07:11:54 PM

I have 4 pcs mining rigs. Each of them has 12 GPUs RX570 4GB.
Total 48 GPU. I want to use air conditioner for cooling.
What should I do ? is it safe to use air conditioner ?

cold air and hot air in the same room is a problem ?

Is cold air from your AC safe for your desktop pc?  Yes, it's absolutely safe to have cold/hot air in the same room.

General rule of thumb is that your AC unit should be at least as many watts as your rigs.  So if you're doing Eth with those 570s, that's roughly 80w x 48 = 3840w.  Add in some overhead for the CPUs, and make certain that your cooling is redundant because at some point one of your AC units will go down.

Rent my SHA-256 rigs on Mining Rig Rentals.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 05, 2021, 07:53:15 PM

General rule of thumb is that your AC unit should be at least as many watts as your rigs. 

That is interesting, I have never heard of that, as far as I know, 1 watt = 3.4 btu, so if your ac is 12.000 btu then you could cool down up to 3529 watts. Anyway, I'm not against using ac, people need to calculate if is worth and this topic comes up a lot when profit is very high. When profit is low or negative nobody talks about ac ehhe because there can't be any margin of error and if there is then you are screwed --> out of business hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 06, 2021, 01:10:54 AM

And I have natural ventilation, but I always try to do so that there is no unnecessary noise.
This situation is highly dependent on your neighbors and the crime in your area.
If there are more than 100 video cards in the room, then many miners prefer to use security.

this is a really good setup, natural ventilation = lots and lots of space

real estate is far more expensive than AC'ing your rigs, but if you have those already or renting it for cheap..then you win.

General rule of thumb is that your AC unit should be at least as many watts as your rigs.

That is interesting, I have never heard of that, as far as I know, 1 watt = 3.4 btu, so if your ac is 12.000 btu then you could cool down up to 3529 watts. Anyway, I'm not against using ac, people need to calculate if is worth and this topic comes up a lot when profit is very high. When profit is low or negative nobody talks about ac ehhe because there can't be any margin of error and if there is then you are screwed --> out of business hehe

12,000 btu cools 3529 watts if nature favors you, if not then that 12,000 btu might just cool down around half of that (rule of thumb of the other guy). the (+/-) ~40-50% margin of that is huge. climate has a huge role.
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2021, 01:47:58 AM

I saw before miner strip down ac and build cooling directly to gpu heatsink, and it successfully turning down lot of heat in modified cooler, this most effective way using ac for mining compared standar cooling down the room, which is worst for miner only down 1-2c for massive wattage

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 06, 2021, 01:55:53 AM

12,000 btu cools 3529 watts if nature favors you, if not then that 12,000 btu might just cool down around half of that (rule of thumb of the other guy). the (+/-) ~40-50% margin of that is huge. climate has a huge role.

Yes ambient temperature plays a big role here, for example I have ac in my room and that is a 12000 btu, when is at 40 degress celsius, that 12000 is close to nothing because little by little that 40c degrees air comes inside, my room is not totally insulated, so ambient temperature will always come inside little by little and when the temperature ambient is at 24c then I can even leave my window opened hehe, if you plan ac then you need to totally insulate that room but still as the ambient temperature rises, less efficient will the ac be.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
XUR_TIP

Activity: 227
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 05, 2022, 07:32:13 AM

I don't use AC for cooling I have friends who use AC and this doesn't stop the rig from mining it's just that I prefer using old cooling method which is getting the heats out of the farm or room with breeze, before building a rig make sure you find where easy breeze pass through in your home

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: