Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:55:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In the pandemic economy, tech companies are raking it in  (Read 515 times)
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 09:57:51 PM

Just as these technological giants are winning in the middle of this pandemic. Because we have to stay at home as long as possible and IT workers now do their jobs from home.

They also make important donations to the fight against the coronavirus and most recently the fight against racial justice.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/big-tech-covid-19/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/tech-giants-pledge-funds-to-fight-racial-injustice-facebook-amazon-google/

Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:03:30 PM

The epidemic is affecting the economy but not the technology there is a lot of improvement in terms of technology from sitting in the lockdown everyone is leaning towards online work. Even though big companies have closed down many have found a source of income through online work digital platforms have improved a lot and transactions are happening much faster that is why the demand for online work is increasing.
It's true. Tech companies have more chance to be more productive and learn more through online during the pandemic of COVID-19 because they have more time to do their works. It is also the reason why online stores and online sellers have their increased numbers in other countries, so they could provide the daily needs of their families during this crisis.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jentak

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:56:50 PM

There's still money even in wars and pandemics and other darkest days of humanity. As a matter of fact, Jeff Bezos recovered his pre-divorce worth and even topped that to reach an all-time high in the middle of the pandemic.
These types of businesses are not those which would bow down to the circumstances brought forth by the pandemic. On the contrary, they have the edge over others. COVID-19 most probably brought more people online and more online hours from the majority. 
The number of people online definitely increased which spells profits for these companies, I do think that there is nothing wrong with that, despite the high cases of virus in the US, the thing that makes these company afloat is they have customers around the world, which means that they do not have a shortage of customers unless people from around the world decided to go offline.
So those tech companies are in really risky position then. If pandemics would end like in one moment/one month - this could kill their income, worsen the Q report and this could lead to huge tech stocks fall
Sapphire915

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 04:23:31 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2020, 05:07:56 PM by Sapphire915

Absolutely right. This tech companies are truly blessed during this pandemic, because people are being forced to just stay home to avoid the deadly virus. And being at home, we tend to used most of our time accessing the internet to ease the boredom that we feel each day, to connect with our loved ones and most especially our online transactions. Having this different tech companies in our digital world is really awesome amidst this crisis. Indeed, I was so thankful for them, for always giving us the best service and entertainment. No wonder they are more profitable now because they already  belong to our essential needs.
enricaurte

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 04:31:06 PM

This COVID-19 has greatly impacted the world"s economy, but cryptocurrencies are being a very good alternative. and a cryptocurrency platform that has been very helpful to many people is MintMe, on this platform i have been able to make and receive donations, i have been able to start an entrepreneurship that i had in mind for a long time. Has anyone ever read any news about this platform?
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 04:39:18 PM

Here in India, the pandemic has forced even the most technology-hating people to go tech savvy. Middle aged school teachers are now conducting online classes using Zoom and conducting assignments using Google Classroom. Earlier they were afraid even to use smartphones. Illiterate sex workers are now earning handsomely (and safely) from online sex sessions. Local retail shops are now accepting orders online. Even doctors are now consulting their patients through video conference.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 05:38:20 PM

I don’t think this should be a surprise to anyone. When the pandemic started a lot of people on quarantine had to face social media to keep themselves happy, lots of people went on Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and lots of them and we’re consuming contents. And apart from that, I think there were some Businesses who saw that as an opportunity to start advertising their products, so these tech Businesses were sure going to make lots of money at this time. As for Amazon, a lot of shifted to making their orders online to avoid going out of their house. So, this is not a surprise to me at all.
It is not a surprise that they are getting profits, that is understandable the surprise is the level of those profits and why those profits are well deserved people are really mad because during this crisis many people have lost their jobs or are seeing their pay to be reduced while those giants are earning a fortune, while I have no problems with a company that is well run this has offended many people and they are demanding some action from the government.

And the only action that a government could take against them is to claim that they are monopolies and to somehow break them apart but I do not see any intention from governments to do so.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 11:58:41 PM

I think tech companies are in demand now due to the pandemic because of the social distancing and the left and right lockdown around the globe. Since we are limiting the face to face contact, schools today will be using internet and media platforms for instructional purposes.. and also since most people loss their physical job, some of them looked for online jobs so as they can support their families.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: