Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:31:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do we really need stable coin?  (Read 1465 times)
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 08:17:10 PM

think if we should look back in 4 years back in cryptocurrency industry, crypto do very well to be stable in the price value, but is very difficult this days to see crypto that's actually valueable, not until we started seen stable coins in the crypto market but there's no change in the value, Do you think we need stable coins?
As has been repeatedly mentioned on this cryptocurrency forum, this is a way to leave the zone of influence of financial regulators. It goes without saying that you need a stable equivalent to fiat currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 08:54:40 PM

Well as being a trader I use stablecoins, obviously tether to escape the market volatility, I'd rather use stablecoin than sending my bitcoins off from an exchange to my wallet, in some instance when the price goes down the time you send it you lose a bit of it, so avoiding that will need a stablecoin. If you're not a trader, and just some sort of investor of a great coin for a long term you might not see the effectiveness of using a stable coin. And these stablecoins are pegged 1:1 for any fiat, so trusting them is not a problem unless there has been a scandal leaked behind it.

The market is going wild and stablecoin is a must use for every short trader out there  Wink

pathapoddo

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 09:02:16 PM

Yes, for me stable coins are really very important. I am a small day trader. I buy-sell tokens all most everyday. Most of the trade of mine done in USDT-coin. So, when I don;t find any coin to buy I hold my USDT on my account. Buy doing that my balance stays stable. It doesn't get affected by the price movement of btc or eth.  If you are a day trader you should start using the stable coins too.

⎔ CRYPTOCITIZEN ┇ RULE & EARN 【 $CCASH 】
MMO RPG METAVERSE ON BSC ┇ FIGHT  • •  DRAG RACE  • •  EARN
➥ TELEGRAM ➥ TWITTER ➥ TWITCH ➥ WEBSITE  • • 【 WEBSITE 】
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2020, 09:04:40 PM

To an extent, Yes we need them because they help in protecting funds against crypto volatility, this is the only huge usefulness they have. To show you how much they have grown because we need them, take a look at how many users that USDT have today, even to the extent that you can send USDT via three chains, ERC, Omini and TRC, all in a bid to ensure faster transactions. However, irrespective of their usefulness against crypto volatility I do not trust them so much to hold for long. Furthermore, there are still cryptocurrencies that are valuable but however, they are just few.

You are right, to a large extent I think we need stablecoin around to secure our funds during the time of market instability, I didn't know about the use of stablecoin back in 2017 so I couldn't save some of my funds, I lose lots of my investment as the market went down, if I had known more about stabecoin then maybe I would be ready, so yes, I think stablecoins are very essential.
joshua123

Activity: 527
Merit: 113

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 03:28:08 AM

think if we should look back in 4 years back in cryptocurrency industry, crypto do very well to be stable in the price value, but is very difficult this days to see crypto that's actually valueable, not until we started seen stable coins in the crypto market but there's no change in the value, Do you think we need stable coins?
I think we need but too much stablecoin is not. We already have too many of these coins but their actual use case are all the same. I understand some uses it to benefit on their supported country but if you expect it will go up. There is no point calling it stablecoin if the value would increase. It will but only to the market correction and depends on the pricr it should be valuable.

Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Option Blitz

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 05:50:44 AM

I think we need but too much stablecoin is not. We already have too many of these coins but their actual use case are all the same. I understand some uses it to benefit on their supported country but if you expect it will go up. There is no point calling it stablecoin if the value would increase. It will but only to the market correction and depends on the pricr it should be valuable.
Yeah, you're right. We really need stable coins in this market. The reason is that the cryptocurrency market is volatile unpredictably. Therefore, investors and traders should have a way to store their capital in a coin that doesn't fluctuate too much and as stable as possible. However, you're also say that too much stable coins will not benefit our market, this is true as well. Volatility is the reason why we can earn profit out of the differences in the coins' value. If there are too much stable coins, the market will be saturated.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 06:09:03 AM

you mean stable coins makes no sense because they dont increase ? you can read its name again and you will know why  .  devs wont create it if theres no purpose for it  . i know other devs can create a useless coin but their goals is different because they only wants to scam while the other wants to provide a solution to the known issues on crypto . there are times that crypto became stable but it does fluctuate too although thats not really noticieable before due to the small values of cryptos compare to now. 
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 06:11:20 AM

If you are not a trader then you don't really need stable coins and saying crypto is stable is deceiving, we all know that bears can hijack the market at any time because crypto volatility is not something we can escape, sooner or later it will happen

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 08:51:17 AM

We really need stable coins in order to keep our investments in them at the right time, because we all see how often the cryptocurrency market falls and falls very strongly, and it is at these moments that we need to keep our investments in stable coins so as not to lose our investments.
roberthays

Activity: 94
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 09:33:23 AM

It's a good option to have. I use USDC regularly and it can be useful particularly during periods of volatility.
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 09:42:45 AM

It's a good option to have. I use USDC regularly and it can be useful particularly during periods of volatility.
If we look at the benefits, then not only does the USDC have benefits for everyone here, but the USDT is also very useful for everyone both in terms of saving assets and others, because stable tokens always have benefits in any period.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 09:50:37 AM

I think converting your bitcoin to fiat have alot of fees, it might cost you alot just to convert 2 times because of fees, if your plan
is to preserve your portfolio value when a dump is happening,  with stable coins you just have to pay the trading fee, which saves you alot of money.
giammangiato
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1242

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 10:17:49 AM

I usually use stable for be ready to buy when alts or bitcoin dump. Some exchange don't have fiat and I have to pay with my creditcard. Douring the period when my stable are holded I usually invest them in lending

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 10:46:35 AM

I usually use stable for be ready to buy when alts or bitcoin dump. Some exchange don't have fiat and I have to pay with my creditcard. Douring the period when my stable are holded I usually invest them in lending
This!

Many times have i traded altcoins for BTC, only to have an actuall loss in $ due to BTC fluctuation. For example, i sell altcoin X for 20% profit, yet i get less money because BTC has gone up or down.
Also, consider scoring big money, which you want to withdraw. Best thing would be to convert it to a stablecoin (say USDC) and slowly withdraw daily or weekly. If you keep BTC for longer period, you might end up losing some of the money if BTC price falls.
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 11:36:50 AM

of course because crypto currency is very volatile so we need stable coins when the market moves up and down very quickly to avoid losses when a dump occurs.
everyone will not fully monitor the 24-hour market.
So the right choice when you don't want to trade is to change it to stable coins, unless you intend to keep your coins and are sure if the coins will rise.
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 12:01:44 PM

Yes please, we do need a stable coin. With stable coins many institutional companies are now having confidence to invest in CRYPTO. It will be easy to trade derivatives with ease. Exchanges like INJECTIVE protocol will also have a boost of liquidity so every thing tradable can be traded.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 12:35:01 PM

We definitely need it, because when the market collapses, stablecoins will be the best option for us to take refuge in. I regularly use stablecoins to trade and profit from it. Without stablecoins, I believe that everyone in this market will lose a lot

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2020, 12:39:59 PM

Yes we really do need stable coin for in case of bitcoin halving the money could be converted to these stable coins. Due to high transaction cost between fiat and bitcoin conversion the  better not do it instead those stable coins will help you to avoid the depreciation or loss from bitcoin market crash if it does.

There are few stable coins in the market and it is easy to spot them also for one can use google to search for the stable coins. In my case I know some already there is no problem already whenever I need to convert my btc to stable coins.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 12:41:29 PM

We need stable coin, if not, it would not grow to a big market, the biggest stable coin is in the top 3 of the market, so that explains a lot why we need them. People who enter in crypto especially the traders need a stable coin if they don't trust an altcoin to trade, as we can see on the volume of stable coins in the market, we can tell that majority of the traders are just trading on bitcoin movement and use USDT and other stable coin for trading.

nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 02:40:56 PM

We definitely need it, because when the market collapses, stablecoins will be the best option for us to take refuge in. I regularly use stablecoins to trade and profit from it. Without stablecoins, I believe that everyone in this market will lose a lot
but one has to be careful with stablecoins. not all coins can exist very long. I only trust 2 stablecoins, USDT and USDC. other stable coins can disappear very quickly

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █