Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:03:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 mistakes to avoid when investing in Crypto  (Read 2885 times)
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 09:15:09 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2020, 11:20:36 PM by StephenJH

Have seen many advice on doing your own research but barely seen thread that discuss research as a skill in cryptocurrency especially with its crowdfund. The whole years of master/Ph.D is learning to do research, so it an intelligent skill. It can be taught and should be taught here, lets talk about accessing information on team, ICO and products. How to know if the information is genuine. It will of easier to assess a genuine information if it can be accessed.
Having a Ph.D. or graduating from high school is not a sign of intelligence, especially in crypto trading. The ICO or other forms of crowdfunding doesn't run on full logic and mainly depend on the interest of investors and market situation. There are ICO analysis sites that can offer a premium package of ICOs and it will be more time friendly rather than looking for each team member individually. The academic background is important of the face person of the project but the investors don't invest in the study or education of the CEO, they look for profit which can be done with smart management.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
minatour

Activity: 687
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 10:30:45 PM

You have listed almost all needed to know as a newbie, but you omit one other key point to avoid which is to stake wisely, newbie must learn to invest what they can avoid to lose, if not they can lose all capital on a single trade.

----------- ❱   ❱    ❱  The easiest way to earn 5 ETH  ❰    ❰    ❰ -----------
-------  Yearner is the ultimate connecting link between different DeFi protocols  -------
--------------------------------------------   ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    START FARMING    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰   --------------------------------------------
suparigach

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 03:57:42 AM

very helpful, but I think it's mostly for newbies to think about, in my opinion there are only 2 things, the first is not to store assets in exchange, and the second is to do an analysis of altcoin before you invest, that alone is enough
Yes you are right. There are a few more things to look for, I don't think any ICO, IEO, IDO, STO and any fomo coin should be invested. Because all these coins can add to the portfolio. So we have to keep an eye on these.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 04:09:54 AM

i think the key is learning before earning
people should have knowledge before they drop their money to any kind of investments, especially in this crypto world that have higher risk than the other investments opportunity
It is indeed important that you should be knowledgeable before you take steps in cryptocurrency because one single mistake can lead to loss of money which we do not want to happen that is why before you invest your money you should study every important information about cryptocurrency and on how to choose a promising project that you want to invest your money in. There are actually things to consider for choosing a particular project to support and you should know it by yourself. Knowledge is the key to success.

Knowledge is important but it is not enough, even if we are knowledgeable but we do not know how to use that knowledge then it can considered as waste. If we will invest in our knowledge be sure that we will use in right and proper way because there are some instances where there are investors and traders that are investing in their knowledge but they do not using it so for me what they did is just a waste of time. There are a lot of type of investments here in the market and it requires a lot of knowledge and also skills in order to become profitable. My advise for the others is to invest in their knowledge and do not forget to use, they should also be dependent to their selves and not to the tips or opinions of other persons.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
cryptogod322

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 04:19:05 AM

These are very good tips, if I had known them when I was a beginner, I would not have lost a lot of money! I also want to add that you shouldn't buy falling coins in the hope that they will roll back up, maybe that the coin will fall indefinitely. Therefore, you need to study the entire market in general and in particular the project itself.

Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 07:49:06 AM

These are very good tips, if I had known them when I was a beginner, I would not have lost a lot of money! I also want to add that you shouldn't buy falling coins in the hope that they will roll back up, maybe that the coin will fall indefinitely. Therefore, you need to study the entire market in general and in particular the project itself.
Just don't give up, we all made mistakes, and though we make mistakes in the past, that should not make us stopped from still looking to find a way to be profitable in crypto because we have a lot of opportunity here, we just have to improve and continues to learn.

This time, the bull run is coming or maybe here already, so let's make the right decision.
Ghondronk

Activity: 356
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 10:45:04 AM

Fully agree with the author. In fact every day is a learning day for anyone in any field. Knowing the volatility in this field, investors need to put an extra effort to stay up-to date with relevant knowledge. Having a better portfolio of assets is a key requirement in any investment as it leverages the risk component up to some extent. No-one can play a game if he/she is afraid to lose and that is valid for crypto as well.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 10:56:25 AM

This is helpful for the newbie who doesn't enough information of crypto or when they start investing and trade.

There is a lot of newbies who do a mistake because they do a things if they did not know how it works or it is safe or they did not guide by someone who knows what is possible to do. The only for them to avoid losing money is by helping them or guiding them.
Irdina

Activity: 502
Merit: 100

TheFutbolCoin

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 10:57:29 AM

numbers 2 and 4 are my weaknesses, I am a trader and I tend to be all in to one coin, and it has a big risk but if you are lucky you will also get big profits too, and again I always panic if there is FOMO and immediately believe it.  can be removed from myself that's how I trade ..

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀          T h e F u t b o l C o i n     [    App Store    ] [   Google Play   ]          ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀        WHITEPAPER    |    TEAM    |    TWITTER    |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK        ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BDBitcoinExpart

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 11:30:28 AM

Emotional trading should be targeted. Emotional trading is a very bad habit. When some profit comes from one trade, I open another trade. Or when I lose from trade, I open my new trade.  Repeatedly trading is a big mistake for traders. It is not right to open more than one or two trades a day.
aditasetia123

Activity: 464

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 12:01:01 PM

numbers 2 and 4 are my weaknesses, I am a trader and I tend to be all in to one coin, and it has a big risk but if you are lucky you will also get big profits too, and again I always panic if there is FOMO and immediately believe it.  can be removed from myself that's how I trade ..
so you have to try to improve your weakness, every trader have their own weakness and it common happen to us. but successfull trader could controll it so they rare to make mistake due of this.

Emotional trading should be targeted. Emotional trading is a very bad habit. When some profit comes from one trade, I open another trade. Or when I lose from trade, I open my new trade.  Repeatedly trading is a big mistake for traders. It is not right to open more than one or two trades a day.
if you open multiple transaction and didnt calculate your margin it could be very dangerous while market againts your position. we must have good money management in our trades.
Inspiron14

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 01:25:20 PM

Trading is indeed a difficult thing but it can be easy when you control your emotions,
emotions are a tough opponent for a trader, especially when the price of Altcoin or Bitcoin goes down and gives panic,
traders will find it difficult to control their emotions, and I guarantee panic will happen to ourselves.

sunilkumars

Activity: 30
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 01:44:08 PM

If you are a newbie in crypto world you are bound to make some mistakes but this thread is for you on how to avoind making those mistakes

1. You dont want to skip the learning part- You need to have an idea of what youre going to even if it is to make a research about it. You have read about an asset before you invest in it to know exactly what they are building.

2. You want to avoid using the wrong crypto exchanges. This is one thing you want to avoid because it can make you lose all your assets. You need to research about the exchange before even registering. Some exchanges have fake volumes and are not transparent enough.

3. You dont want to rely on a single coin- Diversification is very important when it comes to investment. You dont want to put all your eggs in one basket.

4. You want to avoid the fear of missing out (FOMO)- When you see everyone buying a trending coin you dont jump in, it might too good to be true

5. You dont want to forget the basic security. Keeping your private keys safe is very important. As a newbie you should understand how important private keys are. Also 2 factor authenticator shold be added to all your exchanges

First thing is first learn what is crypto currency and then you can choose which crypto currency is growing up and giving profit daily some time giving to learn and understand what is market and abserv all coins price and see what happens and avoid fear somay members haave more fear to investment in crypto currencys and find good projects and don't panic token price is up and down similarly then you don't panic such things investment in Monday in crypto currency you have good pesions in very important then you don't doing mistakes
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 01:48:49 PM

Trading is indeed a difficult thing but it can be easy when you control your emotions,
emotions are a tough opponent for a trader, especially when the price of Altcoin or Bitcoin goes down and gives panic,
traders will find it difficult to control their emotions, and I guarantee panic will happen to ourselves.

Practice will allow you to overcome your emotions.

This how most pro traders are doing and gaining advantages from this venue of investment, they are aware on how to act when
certain market movements are seems not favoring their positions, they simply let it go anf try to adjust in order not to fall in any
undesire mistakes that will cause them to lose their money.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 01:49:43 PM

At first it will be difficult but as time passing by it will become easy as long as you are improving your knowledge wherein you keep investing to learn different information. A lot are losing in trading but it is normal as long as you will learn from all of the mistakes that you did. If you did not learn or did not journal the mistakes that you did, most likely you will repeat that over and over again.

I also suggest that you should be a trader with strong hands wherein you have a confidence and patience, a lot of traders are getting scared when they just saw a red candle and they will immediately sell it even though there is no sell signal.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2020, 01:51:29 PM

Panic is one of the big factors that will lead to defeat, but you also have to know that being too good to be true is also dangerous, don't have too high expectations, if it's enough, just profit right away and don't delay the opportunity, profit is profit.

Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 02:07:40 PM

some other mistakes might be like Panic sell when you see the portfolio drop dramatically then immediately sell at a loss, besides that it also keeps coins on the exchange, for me this is not safe, my advice is to make withdrawals after you trade on the exchange and never leave coins in any exchange.

Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 02:14:38 PM

I'd like to focus on diversification and in FOMO, a lot of traders are having mistakes wherein they keep putting their capital in just one token. There is a popular saying that do not put all of your eggs in one basket because if you accidently let go it then all of it will crack and it will be waste, there is similarities in cryptocurrency world where if you put your money in shitcoins and it suddenly dumped then you will also lose all of your money.

ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 02:16:06 PM

If you are a newbie in crypto world you are bound to make some mistakes but this thread is for you on how to avoind making those mistakes

1. You dont want to skip the learning part- You need to have an idea of what youre going to even if it is to make a research about it. You have read about an asset before you invest in it to know exactly what they are building.

2. You want to avoid using the wrong crypto exchanges. This is one thing you want to avoid because it can make you lose all your assets. You need to research about the exchange before even registering. Some exchanges have fake volumes and are not transparent enough.

3. You dont want to rely on a single coin- Diversification is very important when it comes to investment. You dont want to put all your eggs in one basket.

4. You want to avoid the fear of missing out (FOMO)- When you see everyone buying a trending coin you dont jump in, it might too good to be true

5. You dont want to forget the basic security. Keeping your private keys safe is very important. As a newbie you should understand how important private keys are. Also 2 factor authenticator shold be added to all your exchanges

You are right, you should always remember the principles and rules and try to stick to them. However, all this is good when you have already tried all these areas and have experience, this gives you the opportunity to see the big picture and do the right actions. But as for beginners or those who just play, they basically go the other way, namely the way of the crowd. If they say to go there and buy exactly that cryptocurrency, then the person does what they tell him. This is a great desire to make quick profits and many want it. But the rules you have given above say that you need to act deliberately and according to the rules. This is the right choice and I also follow it.
bandungan

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 02:17:07 PM

Of these 5 things, I am more focused on securing assets, where sometimes assets that have been stored with secure asset security are still compromised by hackers. This is what causes a lot of investors to lose their assets because their assets are hacked into. this should be a serious concern
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: