Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware there is fake Trustwallet App circulating on Playstore!  (Read 305 times)
Assface16678

Activity: 1386
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 06:34:03 AM

Thanks for this kind of information because it gives a lot of awareness to the member and people right here on our forum this is not new there is a lot of platforms like that into the play store because it's just easy to upload your projects right there.

I remember the time when my teacher told me that it's better to use the Apple store than the Google play store because it takes a lot of verification first on the apple store if there are some bugs, any kind of malicious virus, and more than the google play.

I saw that there is a huge number who already downloaded this fake app probably because this Trustwallet is used to receive payment those who invested in FORSAGE a Ponzi scheme investment. Probably new investors are new in cryptocurrency and they don't have even knowledge even to download this wallet app as their part of requirements to receive their Ethereum through this Trustwallet app.

I know the forsage this is one of the most common popular in terms of Ponzi scheme and I know this kind of scheme but still, I didn't know they are using these platform to transferring their funds. Good Information you give to me too.

bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1185

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 08:26:45 AM

Why this fake app mostly appear in google play store  (or I better say Android), but not on Apple Store (iOS)?
Isn't it an indicator to switch to iOS or that this OS is more secured? Trustwallet fake app appeared yesterday, few weeks ago fake Ledger app sneaker from google security. Experience of participating in bounties show that projects often ask to install their wallet, created for Android (iOS users must always wait for a release). I'm not trying to start android/ios war here, but for me, it looks like using iOS devices are a little bit more safe than android.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Timmzzy

Activity: 785
Merit: 34

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 06:50:37 PM

Wait a minute are we now in the atmosphere where by every where is not safe any more when it comes to Crypto and saving of funds in wallets we just need to be careful especially the newbies adapting newly into crypto-currency.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mrengage

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

Globe-dex.com

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 11:42:17 PM

Believe me or not I think I am using the fake one already I will get rid of it asap. Thanks for this great information it will really help lots of newbies who knew not.

──────[ GlobeDex ]──────
───────────[  Modern Trading Platform With High Trade Engine | Affiliate Program | Proof of Authority ]───────────
─────────────[  TWITTER]TRADE NOWTELEGRAM   ]─────────────
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 02:24:38 AM

Follow the guide to report the fake app on Google Play to Google. Of course, it is Google fault but we should do and contribute something to protect crypto newbies. Google do their works not good enough to prevent fake apps appear on their store. I don't know with their superb power engines why they can not detect later born apps that have names contains some words of initial apps. It is not a big challenge for them.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2853570

I'd like to think that they are using robots and they just accept whatever are presented to them not checking enough if they are trying to imitate another application, just like hey do on one of their platform Youtube they just accept ads not checking if these are part of scam giveaways, it's so rampant now on Youtube ads.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 01:49:09 PM

Believe me or not I think I am using the fake one already I will get rid of it asap. Thanks for this great information it will really help lots of newbies who knew not.
On the second thought, I also have the same feeling that I have downloaded the wrong or fake app. Good thing that I check it and I recently didn't find the fake app in the playstore, maybe it was already removed by the playstore because they were alarmed that is a scammed and a fake application.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Maestro75

Activity: 1946
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2020, 06:03:33 AM

Damn,  it was released on 25th July 2020 and it already has 1,000 + downloads  Shocked
What's wrong with people not being vigilant?

Let's fload in there and report the app so that it gets taken down as soon as possible.
To report,  hit flag as inappropriate and then select Copycat or Impersonation and the hit Submit. Done.
Link to the fake app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trust.trustcrypto

I think the app has been taken down by playstore. I can not find it on the link to report it. It now shows that the item not found.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 945

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2020, 06:39:42 AM

Why this fake app mostly appear in google play store  (or I better say Android), but not on Apple Store (iOS)?
Isn't it an indicator to switch to iOS or that this OS is more secured? Trustwallet fake app appeared yesterday, few weeks ago fake Ledger app sneaker from google security. Experience of participating in bounties show that projects often ask to install their wallet, created for Android (iOS users must always wait for a release). I'm not trying to start android/ios war here, but for me, it looks like using iOS devices are a little bit more safe than android.

If any dev sends their app to app store it goes through quality checks before going public. This verification is reason why there are less amount of apps available on iOS store compared to Google play. Also, to send app to Google play, devs has to pay 20$ fee while iOS has $100.

IOS is more secure than android in terms of security, there is no doubt about that.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1213

Heisenberg

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 09:01:00 AM

On the second thought, I also have the same feeling that I have downloaded the wrong or fake app. Good thing that I check it and I recently didn't find the fake app in the playstore, maybe it was already removed by the playstore because they were alarmed that is a scammed and a fake application.
Yep, looks like they have removed it. Just checked the fake app link and it's not there. This is the power of reporting fake apps in large numbers.
To avoid downloading the fake apps, it's better to follow the download links directly from the official website rather than just use the search button of Google play. Just like Google search results, Google play search results also brings out a combination of both genuine and fake app results.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 09:13:54 AM

At this point, having seen so many false websites and apps published on Google's platforms, it's quite obvious Google isn't willing to step their shit up. Would've at least expected a statement from them considering the amount of malicious stuff they have on their websites.

Guess it's time for us to move to F-Droid and start suggesting devs of FOSS wallets to upload their APKs on there. It's a shame that you are probably more likely to download a secure wallet from a website you may have never accessed than it is to download apps off Play Store directly.

Feels like it's getting more and more worth it to de-Google everything you have. I get it that Google wants to have a platform as "free" (as in you can publish anything) as possible, but sometimes it's better to have quality over quantity and this is one of the cases. I'd rather have less apps available for download and be sure my money sits safe inside my hot wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: