Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:47:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investors - LTC vs BTC - Mathematics  (Read 2969 times)
RockHound (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:05:28 PM

What is the mathematically rationale for increased ROI ( LTC vs BTC ) ?

Many people think much larger proportional ROI for LTC is a mathematical certainty?

Is there any truth to this?

Many thanks
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:10:09 PM

Many people think much larger proportional ROI for LTC is a mathematical certainty?

Many thanks

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Based only on what you typed, the answer is no, there is never a guarantee of rate of ROI.
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:13:30 PM

yea what are you even trying to ask?

greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:34:36 PM

I think what the OP is probably referring to is the fact that Bitcoin has been around longer so there is a perception that Litecoin might have more potential for gain being earlier in its adoption curve.
irrational

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:43:03 PM

Many thanks

There are no certainties in investment other than there will certainly be uncertainty.
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:44:52 PM

There is no truth to this.  But it does have some romance and a touch of intrigue.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:52:08 PM

All true cryptocurrencies (not DOGE, which is a fiat coin scam) will rise in value relative to all fiat currencies over the course of the next decade or three.

Any of the main cryptos will be profitable, middle to long term.

That said, there are better reasons than profit to divest from fiat. Not supporting state-sponsored terrorism is my personal favorite.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
jorje07

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:07:12 PM

roi IS FOR BOND INVESTORS.  bITCOIN AND CRYPTOCURRIENCIES ARE RISK ENVIRONMENTS.  Always assume that every cent is at risk, and that you can walk away without vomiting if it all chases the white rabbit.  For ROI call your broker.
Mr. Gabu

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:10:21 PM

All true cryptocurrencies (not DOGE, which is a fiat coin scam) will rise in value relative to all fiat currencies over the course of the next decade or three.
What is a "fiat coin scam"?

I think you are mentally ill and spreading FUD.
DarwinNexus

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:11:54 PM

Pretty sure LTC, although created after BTC, is in the same adoption phase as BTC.  These two are pegged together. 
I am planning on diversifying (if anyone with LTC wants to sell some to me, let me know), but don't expect LTC to climb much higher (proportionately) than it is right now.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 11:13:17 PM

Any of the main cryptos will be profitable, middle to long term.

That said, there are better reasons than profit to divest from fiat. Not supporting state-sponsored terrorism is my personal favorite.

Some of the main cryptos will probably die or almost die so I don't know if you can say that any of the main cryptos will be profitable

BTC and LTC are good bets, there will probably also be other currencies backed by gold and backed by a trusted bank

As for BTC/LTC...I don't know, I have some LTC in case but it is impossible to mathematically predict with high accuracy if LTC is a better bet than BTC, some do think it is

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:39:11 PM

Many thanks

alot of people think litecoin is 4x less rare then bitcoin thus they think it should be a quarter of the price meaning a large potential rise in price.

but litecoin does not have the same services or amount of merchant businesses attached to it. so it is also many thousands of times less useful.

so mathematically unless litecoin becomes more useful. the potential for a rise is low and the potential for a drop is higher.

alot of people will ignore the many negative parts and just keep shouting as loud as they can, the flawed positive point to use for their calculations.

take doge for instance, alot of people were claiming its value to be higher then litecoin, but after the reality set in that its all just hype. the price dropped

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mysidia

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:45:16 PM

What is a "fiat coin scam"?

I think I might be in some agreement there.  "Fiat scam"  suggests a currency with similar properties to fiat.
What happens with XDG though....  is  the group of people who mines during the first  130 days get the vast majority of the XDG.

As with Bitcoin... there are obvious benefits to being an early adopter,  but XDG has an extremely accelerated reward schedule.

The XDG reward schedule starts at 1  Million DXG  for a block every 60 seconds   (10 Mil per 10 minutes),  and  halves after ~70 days (100,000 blocks),  then ~140  days (block 200,000),  then ~210 days,  then ~280  days,  then ~350 days:  Then drops to a fixed reward rate of 10,000 XDG per block after ~420 days.

XDG will lock in 99% of the currency for the early miners, within the first year, essentially:  and maybe still manage to be inflationary.

BTC: 1FbuJxZCeJUqrP7EpUkgMKWAmAA1M8gUBd
LTC: LbvomgbwKnqk47mWzALCDEoV8ydjxYYYpF
RockHound (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:02:26 AM

Appreciate your interesting insights!

However, was think more along the lines of:

LTC price (2013/04-Current)

vs

BTC price (2013/04-Current)

Do we have fellow bitcoiners good with numbers here : )

Would appreciate quantitative %'s/reasonable exponential coefficient, etc.

I hear a large Chinese community believes, that when/if BTC 2x LTC is likely to 2.5x or something like that?

El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:19:57 PM

Many thanks

alot of people think litecoin is 4x less rare then bitcoin thus they think it should be a quarter of the price meaning a large potential rise in price.

but litecoin does not have the same services or amount of merchant businesses attached to it. so it is also many thousands of times less useful.

so mathematically unless litecoin becomes more useful. the potential for a rise is low and the potential for a drop is higher.

alot of people will ignore the many negative parts and just keep shouting as loud as they can, the flawed positive point to use for their calculations.

take doge for instance, alot of people were claiming its value to be higher then litecoin, but after the reality set in that its all just hype. the price dropped

Once Coinbase starts supporting Litecoin  all that will change.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
sacko

Activity: 174
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:55:59 PM

Once Coinbase starts supporting Litecoin  all that will change.
Once MtGox starts supporting Litecoin, all that will change
Once BTC China starts supporting Litecoin, all that will change
Once Huobi starts supporting Litecoin, all that will change
Once Coinbase ...
Once Paypal ...

Isn't it the Litecoin community that has to start changing it's narrow-minded attitude?
Mr. Gabu

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:57:21 PM

Once Mt.Gox starts supporting Litecoin all that will change. Ohh, wait ...

Btw, aren't you the guy that spamed whole last week "Once Huobi starts trading Litecoin all that will change."

Fucking Litecoin pump-and-dump clown. GTFO with your scamcoin.

El Dude

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:31:39 PM

Once MtGox starts supporting Litecoin, all that will change
Once BTC China starts supporting Litecoin, all that will change
Once Huobi starts supporting Litecoin, all that will change
Once Coinbase ...
Once Paypal ...

Isn't it the Litecoin community that has to start changing it's narrow-minded attitude?

lol the thing is Coinbase is not run by fat incompetent crooks and having the founder of Litecoin working at Coinbase  it's almost a given Litecoin will be on Coinbase someday.

Once Coinbase starts dealing in Litecoin so will Overstock , the Ceo of overstock confirmed it to me by email.

El Dude

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:32:52 PM

Once Mt.Gox starts supporting Litecoin all that will change. Ohh, wait ...

Btw, aren't you the guy that spamed whole last week "Once Huobi starts trading Litecoin all that will change."

Fucking Litecoin pump-and-dump clown. GTFO with your scamcoin.

go play with your Dogecoin , the big boys are having a conversation here.

TTM

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:34:35 PM

Once Coinbase starts supporting Litecoin  all that will change.
More exchange also mean more place for people to dump their coins. Don't you see what happened to LTC after Huobi ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: