Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:08:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm dumping my coins because..  (Read 8232 times)
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 03:06:59 PM

There is plenty of projects coming in are holding their bounty programs with an IEO running same time. I think bounty would still be there part of the tokens sales even if its already in the exchanges up for sales, due to the fact that projects running an IEO still needs promotion in order to attract investors and I think it is safe to day that bounty rewards are guaranteed that will be listed in the exchanges, just hope the project will end up successful in their token sales.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 03:18:10 PM

I dump a coin if the developer for that project becomes untrusted. Usually, because the developer contradicts his original vision for the coin or how he changes the plan when it was in-development without clarifying the reason for it. Too many delays or failed to meet the promises also put into consideration.
That's the best way to save your investment, instead of placing blind hope on the projects because there are people like that,  in the end they lose money and the developers earns the money.
memed97

Activity: 1148
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 03:32:31 PM

I dump a coin if the developer for that project becomes untrusted. Usually, because the developer contradicts his original vision for the coin or how he changes the plan when it was in-development without clarifying the reason for it. Too many delays or failed to meet the promises also put into consideration.
Yes, that's right, because it would be better to throw it away than to experience disappointment in the future, because the developer who changes his plan without any reason is an irresponsible developer and usually he has other intentions to do with the project.
oscarftw

Activity: 573
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 04:19:19 PM

I usually sell tokens obtained from the bounty because it has a value more than the IEO price and usually the price will dump after 2-7 days, when it dumps and I feel the coin has potential then I will do a buyback
Not only did you pass away this time, 2017-2018 the time was for holding then time was for dumping price. Actually, now is the best time for holding altcoins. If I find any altcoins which haven't any progress, I will check the exchange and volume. New projects working progress should be faster than older but long time silent means could be upcoming announcement. We should know that dead projects volume is always decreasing.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 04:35:57 PM

I usually sell tokens obtained from the bounty because it has a value more than the IEO price and usually the price will dump after 2-7 days, when it dumps and I feel the coin has potential then I will do a buyback
Not only did you pass away this time, 2017-2018 the time was for holding then time was for dumping price. Actually, now is the best time for holding altcoins. If I find any altcoins which haven't any progress, I will check the exchange and volume. New projects working progress should be faster than older but long time silent means could be upcoming announcement. We should know that dead projects volume is always decreasing.

I hold as much as possible but if I don't see any thing that the team provides even just liting to other exchanges, it could mean they are abandoning it already. Its just frustrating though that as bounty hunter I would have to submit KYC to exchanges that isn't popular. Sometimes the tokens I have still remains in the wallet, I could have dumped them but submitting KYC is a problem.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 05:48:39 PM

I'm dumping right away after I got the bounty reward. I usually don't have high hope for new projects so I dump it right away just to be safe. Depend on how the project did on the progress and potential of the coin, I will buy back with the right price to actually become a holder of that coin. Never mix between a bounty hunter and a holder just because I have that coin for free from a bounty project.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 06:26:14 PM

Early days in the forum I joined a lot of bounty campaigns from different projects never regretted selling them early and enjoyed my earnings, because even if you joined bounties of shitty projects in early days it will surely pump after it hit exchanges but other batches of those coins left in my wallet had no signs of life after years. Its always a hunters choice, if you think your holding the real deal keep it but if you’re holding a low potential dump it and buy other good coins in the market.
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 06:46:10 PM

I'm usually a holder I still coins and tokens I've got from Bounty campaign just like the two of the just recent projects I've participated in I'm still holding both of them but there are instances in the past that I dump my coins/tokens  because
The coin is not progressing and I want to buy coins that has more potential.

So what is or are your reason why you are dumping your coin?

As you probably know already crypto holding is all about being patient. If you can't do that then you are not good fit for it and must look somewhere else.
Personally, I dump either when I can take some profit and don't want to risk depreciating that profit further or when I see the whole trend is looking downwards. This is to either reinvest or take a break. In any way this when I sell is all dependent on my confidence in the market and that's dictated by trends -there's not an easy formula for this but instead calculated risk and sometimes dare I say gut-instinct.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
fauzan123

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 06:50:54 PM

I personally sell coins that I get from bounties or airdrops because the price of it in the market doesn't have a good movement besides that updates are very lacking, no big news is created and of course I will sell it and exchange it for top coins
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:53:56 AM

because I don't believe in new projects, I only believe in top altcoins. for that I never hold tokens from new projects because 99% of them will experience a very big dump

ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 06:59:50 AM

In fact, as soon as the payment is received, everyone is busy cashing in at the same time.As a result, the value of the coin decreases a lot. We should wait a few days.Because the future of any coin is ruined when the market goes down immediately.It should be kept in the head of the Hunters.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 08:35:02 AM

I'm usually a holder I still coins and tokens I've got from Bounty campaign just like the two of the just recent projects I've participated in I'm still holding both of them but there are instances in the past that I dump my coins/tokens  because

Few successful bounty projects are surging because of the present bullrun, Cartesi, band protocol, oikos DeFi, etc I think it's better not to dump, I feel like altcoin season will take over, Bitcoin is still bullish and altcoins are already benefiting

bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1185

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 09:26:48 AM

I've sold my few litecoins, because I dont believe they will bring me any good profit. Halving has already happened, price pump was months ago. Exchanged them to bitcoin. Variability, that same amount in bitcoin will bring more profit is greater, that having same amount in litecoin.

As to bounty tokens, prefer to sell them as quick as possible, rather then holding for a long time. Dont have much believe in projects that ran bounty (except DeFi projects).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 02:33:45 PM

I personally don't believe in dumping tokens, I get most of the tokens from bounties and airdrop. The issue with bounties and airdrop is that we end up accumulating tokens that don't have a market and after expecting them to list without any efforts from the team, the project packs up and are left redundant. There was a season where pump and dump was trending and people purchased some worthless tokens with the hope that the value would be pumped some day.
Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:14:45 PM

I've sold my few litecoins, because I dont believe they will bring me any good profit. Halving has already happened, price pump was months ago. Exchanged them to bitcoin. Variability, that same amount in bitcoin will bring more profit is greater, that having same amount in litecoin.

As to bounty tokens, prefer to sell them as quick as possible, rather then holding for a long time. Dont have much believe in projects that ran bounty (except DeFi projects).
Defi bounty campaigns weren't very successful either. only 1 part of the Oikos bounty was a very successful campaign and now the 2nd round of the bounty campaign will also be successful

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
bussybuddy

Activity: 1190
Merit: 105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:16:22 PM

because I don't believe in new projects, I only believe in top altcoins. for that I never hold tokens from new projects because 99% of them will experience a very big dump
That's your mistake, there are a lot of successful new projects lately, especially Defi projects. Their prices have risen several dozen times after being listed in exchanges. As long as you find a good project, I believe you will have a lot of return when investing

cassavachips

Activity: 994
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 04:55:19 PM

I depend on the project that I follow. If I do not believe and the project will distribute tokens for airdrop or tokens to investors with a large allocation, then I am prepared to dumping early. But if I believe in the project, then I will repurchase it at a lower price
key4co.in

Activity: 812
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 05:31:46 PM

usually I throw away to buy it back cheap, because other bounty participants will also throw it cheaper than me, so I take the opportunity to buy it cheaper, if the market is really good, I will start first, but if only my DEX exchange is not will buy it again because it will be difficult to progress and develop, but if the coin has the potential to enter into a large exchange, it's best to keep it in the bag.

Interesting strategy to sell and buy back cheap but in the real sense, it's always difficult to buy back. Reason being that when price is down, you expect it to go down the more, this happened to me on BZRX. sold my bag to buy back but it left me. Sold at 0.2+$ now its at 0.5+$.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 05:38:52 PM

Possible reason for the dump from a hunter will be either they want to buy bitcoins with their tokens or they want to buy food for their family, yes these are the two extreme financial status of hunters to be honest.ANd nothing wrong is a hunter dumps it because they are not investors they worked to collect it as payment not as a share to hold them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Eco_111

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 05:55:18 PM

It's a right move if you dump coins that aren't progressive again, it means the team give up on the project or it's a pump and dump coin, it's better to sell before the coin goes to full zero
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: