Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:07:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm dumping my coins because..  (Read 8232 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 04:52:03 AM

If a particular coin or token seems worthless to you, then you should immediately get rid of it, rather than waiting for too long. This was one of the mistakes that I did during my early days of association with cryptocurrency. If a coin goes down by 90% or 95%, then the chances are that it will never recover. Most likely it will get delisted from the exchanges and will become dead or dormant.
Lantind

Activity: 2296
Merit: 263

enterapp.io | CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 05:18:07 AM

selling coins is no problem I think, because it is a personal right,
indeed coin dumping can make people experience different emotions, maybe panic sells occurs.
Yes, mostly it is because of panic selling that people prefer to release it rather than waiting for the price to rise again, and one more thing that most people are also afraid that the coin will no longer be valuable next time.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 05:22:06 AM

So what is or are your reason why you are dumping your coin?
There are 2 reasons for my on why I sell my bounty earnings before immediately after it is listed in an exchange, first is the urgent of needing money. There are times that I am in need of urgent cash and that coin is what I have in extra and what I can sell so I just dump it on an exchange. Second is if I feel that the project would be bad and price will slowly goes to zero so I just sell my coins at whatever is the current price and just get the full out of it while it still has value.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
paglarhat

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 05:28:41 AM

I hold a cryptocurrency all the time,
Because I am a cryptocurrency lover.
I earn income from cryptocurrency almost all the time.
However, I made a loss by purchasing a COTI token.
Because I didn't do much research when I bought the COTI token, I bought it at a higher price.
Our profile has been a bit dumped in COTI token
Chivas Regal

Activity: 88
Merit: 13

Cheers!

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 05:31:14 AM

I've got a handful of old coins that have sat in various wallets (and a couple of exchanges) for a while now - with the price of bitcoin the way it is at the moment, it might pay for me to dust off the wallets and update the browsers and see what coins I can tease out of retirement.  Thanks for the thread!

Pleased to meet you.
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 09:28:02 AM

There are things one should consider when holding a coin despite the fact we all know it's profits in our minds. First is, have it inond that project isn't yours, secondly monitor the growth and team zealousness towards that project before you decide to hold because if it's an unserious Project best is sell immediately because it's bounty
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 10:29:05 AM

I am not dumping any coins because I had not been into bouny hunting after I join some projects that pays btc instead like the bitamp bitcoin wallet. Actually, I do like this project especially for spending bitcoins because it can be access any devices I carry like mobile or laptop. I can open it through the browser. I am awarw of evertly phishing sites but if you are educated and aware on how not to fall for the phishing site then it would not be a problem just like my case.

Dumping coins now are happening because they are now converting it to bitcoin itself. Bitcoin will going to break record of the 2017 ATH bitcoin market price recorded.
rencong bitcoin

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

MoonDeFi

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 01:28:04 PM

I have experienced something like what you have experienced, where when I tried to hold the token, but day by day the token showed good results or just dropped continuously, that's why I prefer to sell the coin and switch to another token, but I never also made the biggest mistake of my life which was rushing to sell a good token for fear it would die.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
oHnK

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 05:16:09 PM

There are things one should consider when holding a coin despite the fact we all know it's profits in our minds. First is, have it inond that project isn't yours, secondly monitor the growth and team zealousness towards that project before you decide to hold because if it's an unserious Project best is sell immediately because it's bounty

I also do this, holding coins does require extra effort because usually I have to monitor the progress of the project from the coins I hold.  I will continue to assess the performance of the project, if the team alone is not passionate about their project development.  What's the point in holding a coin that has no value in the future, the future is a picture of the hard work of the present.  It's not hypocritical, what I'm looking for is still a profit.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 06:20:21 PM

The coin is not progressing and I want to buy coins that has more potential.

Previously I had the same idea as you and hopefully the tokens I received from the Bounty campaign will pump big.  But after 5 months of holding tokens such as WPP, BBOD, EZY, IQcash, ... all seemed to be trash.  It occurred to me that most of my projects opening bounty campaigns were failing, so I decided to sell them all, even if they only made a few dozen dollars.

I came up with a new strategy that whenever I get tokens from a campaign, I will sell them as quickly as possible to get money and buy Bitcoin.  I think this is the best strategy to increase the amount of money you have after years of holding, because Bitcoin is never undervalued and will do a halving every 4 years. Wink
GelatikKembar

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

The OGz Club

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 06:29:21 PM

Dumping coins is a bad thing, because it can hurt people,
but if you really need money and you sell all your coins, then that's fine,
yes it takes an effort so you don't do this when trading.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
atamism

Activity: 464
Merit: 11

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 07:42:26 PM

I’m still holding my coin until now and I bought XRP last 5 hours ago. They are scared of price dropping, but it was total normal for me. Lot of things can happen in a seconds. I can hold my coins for a year if I am really want to earn, I don’t want to lose a penny here.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mauser

Activity: 1806
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 09:39:05 AM

I am not planning on dumping any coins this year, because I don't really need the money right now. I am even looking for some new investment opportunities after Christmas. If you need the money right now it's reasonable to dump some coins because the prices are pretty nice right now. But there no real reason that prices will fall in the near future so you might have to buy them back at higher prices on the future.
kasakola

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 10:34:49 AM

In fact, this is because when I worked at a bounty, they gave me some tokens in return, and if I didn't pump up the price, we would have to give it up and give up hope. I myself am a victim of this so this dumping my coins because .. the word is absolutely true. But again in this crypt market but it is impossible to say when and how to make a profit so discarded coins can give you a lot one day thank you.

yazher

Activity: 2198
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 11:22:11 AM

I'm usually a holder I still coins and tokens I've got from Bounty campaign just like the two of the just recent projects I've participated in I'm still holding both of them but there are instances in the past that I dump my coins/tokens  because
The coin is not progressing and I want to buy coins that has more potential.

My personal reason was I'm afraid that it could go lower than the current price and as you can see, there are lots of those project that hasn't been recovered after it dumped to the bottom. This is one of the reasons why I quickly sold all the tokens I got from bounty before. Those participants who think the same way are more clever because they are dumping the cion the day they received their rewards, as for me I sold them about one to two weeks after the distribution just hoping for some positive changes in its price.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
oprahwindfury

Activity: 588
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 07:51:02 PM

I am used to trade coins from hunting but I hold of course and my holdings are a bit special for me because I analyse the projects and it's potential .The coins have the probability I hold them and trade the left.

Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 08:19:32 PM

i never dump a coin since i dont have power to do that  Grin, but if i have power to do that, i will do neither because badd project, or i need to accumulate more coin in lower price  Cheesy

Sometimes we make mistakes in market situations since it's a speculative assets. We don't have power over it but I still agree with OP, profit is always a profit regardless of either big or small, we should appreciate it since it's far better than been in loss.
Covid-19 market collapse was one of the worse moments in cryptocurrency downfall, no one expected it which must people will not believe will happen at such time. Thus, a speculative asset will remain the same which you and I have no power over.
magnum cyber

Activity: 775

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 08:35:15 PM

I threw away the coins because I didn't trust the coins I had for several reasons including the price that continued to fall and there were no project updates carried out by the project team itself. then I will sell at a loss and replace it with more decent coins than before.

desciglio2

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 08:51:32 AM

I won a lot of coins from bounty campaigns, but most of it was garbage. I think if the coin has a tangible value, we should convert it to Bitcoin immediately. I have such experience.

Maestro75

Activity: 1946
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2020, 09:26:40 AM

I am also one of those who always hold coins and don't rush to sell coins obtained from bounties. There are several things that cause us to immediately sell the coins, maybe one of them is because we don't care about the project and we are in need of money. In addition, there are no profitable prospects of the project in the future, so there are many bounty hunters who sell their coins as soon as they are on the market.

Some of those who sell too quick get lucky too because most times new tokens crash after they come to the market and the bounty hunters get to loose everything. I think it is wise decision to dump to avoid regret. If the token rises in value after you have sold, do not regret  your action.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: