Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:12:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Name really matter in crypto?  (Read 889 times)
Sulman326 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 11:52:05 AM

Please there's something I really want to understand about this crypto industry because at times as a newbie in this cryptocurrency industry you might get this wrong by making more mistakes in crypto. Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr.smith

Activity: 119
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 12:00:05 PM

Please there's something I really want to understand about this crypto industry because at times as a newbie in this cryptocurrency industry you might get this wrong by making more mistakes in crypto. Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?

Yes it is the project should name the token closer to the industry or technology they are working it so on first reading about the token the public will have a general idea about the project, like Namecoin for domain.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 12:06:08 PM

It depends on a lot of factors and obviously name is one of them.
A relevant, short, to the point, easy to remember and something that tells about the project in one word will definitely add value to the proje t and make it more attractive and worthwhile.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 12:21:34 PM

I think yes, a name that is easy to remember and focuses on the content of the project will easily attract investors. The market today has hundreds of projects and developers need to find ways to promote their project to everyone, giving a good name to the project can be effective.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
CryptoYar365

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 12:31:43 PM

I wouldn't subscribe to the saying that name do matter in Cryptocurrency, it boils down to the marketing strategy adopted by a project and dedication from the team to see to its success. Inasmuch as this is said, some projects use names similar to an existing cum successful ones to deliberately woo people, as such due diligence is needed on this crypto space.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 12:36:02 PM

Half yes, half no.

It is very important because you can easily find projects that are a joke if they don't have proper names. Although, there were projects that have good names but still a joke in the process.

It means that it's going to be the brand and trademark of the coin or token.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 12:56:37 PM

Basically what matters is the quality of development.
Proactiveness and competency of the team.
Practical and in demand products or services.
Project can potentially generate regular revenue for its sustainability and profitability over the longrun.
If all these things are there then name only has a small or ignorable impact.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 01:01:06 PM

In what aspects of crypto you might be talking about OP? The name will really matter because it is a trademark of the crypto as it grows along over a period of time.  Yes it really matter and because it can build up or boost the crypto by having a good name. This is the way that it could be easily remember by the user and also it should match up on how it will be going to use. Surely that the crypto name has its also own dignity and integrity this is why others that are establish are protecting the name of the crypto they chose.
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1158

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 01:07:45 PM

Any name doesn't matter, you can choose whatever name you want.

All you need is don't scam, don't plagiarism, and don't offer ponzi scheme, that's all

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 01:19:44 PM

Any name doesn't matter, you can choose whatever name you want.

All you need is don't scam, don't plagiarism, and don't offer ponzi scheme, that's all

That's how you simply put it, name doesn't matter for me as well.
As long as you are running your project in legit way and have no intentions to screw people.
That's more than enough for me. Because at first glance, name may attract users.
But that's a short stint only, because once they see that your project is fake and crap, they will avoid and stay away from your project.
So even if you build and create a good name, it will not matter in the long run.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 01:42:23 PM

Definitely very important to the project. If you find a new name, then surely your project will be interested a lot more.

The name will serves as your tag inside investors minds, if you able to find unique one that brings impacts interested investors will look upon and check your project, that's  a good first step to a much better successful journey.

Don't try to copy the names of previous projects because it just makes your project suspicious and no one dares to invest in it.

Duplicates or make it more sounds like a successful project is not a good impressions mostly from investors who are in this business for a long time, and that's  bad thing that will cause to your project. Make sure to have a good one that magnetized investors interest.
Westfiled

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 02:09:25 PM

It looks like this is not the first thread but I have seen some threads that have already discussed the same thing like this thread. CMIIW but I guess we should dig the old thread to get the same thread too.

People didn't aware of this.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 02:34:29 PM

Yes, it does matter because it represents the project, it can even tell us about the concept or purpose of the project.
Name matters that is why we have seen so many projects changing names or re-branding, if it would not have mattered then why any project should even have considered to re-name their project?

masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 02:57:28 PM

I don't think so base on my experiences the name is useless if your project is also useless meaning it is not useful to the present situation or to anyone for me the most important thing to any crypto project is its use-case because if your project has a product and services to offered it will be a catalyst to create demand so that the tokenized economy will continue to cycle.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 03:09:04 PM

a lot of people lose all their money due to mistakes and wrong purchases. People listen to the advice of "experts" and then buy some shitcoins.
One way or another, we always succumb to the influence of different kinds of experts. More than once we have witnessed that cryptocurrency users are always manipulated thanks to the statements of authoritative people. Therefore, we must be very careful about any news and projects, regardless of which of the authorities are the authors or lobbyists of some projects.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Lantind

Activity: 2282
Merit: 263

enterapp.io | CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:16:25 PM

If we say that the name on a crypto project is important, then it is clearly important, because a name can also reflect the uniqueness of a project, but behind it all that is very important is how to serve and build the project well, because there are many projects with different names. unique but not successful developed by the team itself, so the name is important but the team's performance in building a successful project, it is much more important than a name.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:21:50 PM

it helps in terms of curiosity of investors if you have a good name of your coins. But for long term investment real crypto investors that want to have a good asset in crypto ,thats not really matter the more important thing for them is the use cases of the currency they want to invest. They are looking for long term goal and gain so having a good name will not help them to choose your coins or project.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:41:24 PM

I read this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5265202.msg54889287#msg54889287 already a few days ago and you made a comment out there. I don't think it is a need to create another one but instead to continue that old one. I think it is already been answered there.

I just quoted your reply from the old topic
I think cryptocurrency has to gain popularity in the community before it can be introduced. However, before getting acquainted with bitcoin crypto currency, there were many problems. Alternative crypto currency shows that there are some cryptos that are popular and took a long time to get acquainted. I don't think you know these things. In order to be any new cryptocurrency, it is important to have Mission, Purpose, Uniqueness, Vision, Development and future development. I don't think there is any other way. But I am much more interested in learning something new. I want to know and understand about everything in the world of cryptocurrency. I think you posted this because I have this kind of desire.
And that's it, popularity makes a project have a chance to succeed. That is why they work hard with their project to get listed in known and reputable exchanges. That is how it works actually and that it gives them an advantage from those who got listed in low market volume exchangers. Of course, investors will look into huge exchanges.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Henrytrust
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:52:02 PM

In my opinion, the name of a project could contribute to its optimum success, the major determinant for a project to be successful is the community and a suitable name has the tendency to caption the affection of the community which could translate into success of the project.
South Park

Activity: 2884
Merit: 795

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 04:14:58 PM

As the name is probably the very first thing that people are going to hear about any coin then it makes complete sense that the name matters, however if a coin has nothing else going on for it except its name then it is very likely that such coin is never going to be successful, the name is important but it is not that important, I really believe that bitcoin would have been successful no matter what kind of name satoshi gave to it but still the name bitcoin has a very nice ring to it and I do like it.

██████████████████████