Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:53:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 x rx58 GPU - Nice hash and Cudo Mniner not working!?  (Read 265 times)
Rawbsoup (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 01:24:26 PM

Hi

First build. I managed to build the rig and get it up and running without any previous experience. However, apart from two cards that need another SATA connector to go to the power supply which I think it wants a 6 pin but I don't have anymore 6 pin left...

Anyway, I tried Claymore but this wouldn't work. DAG not doing something then something about ports. I tried Nice Hash and it just kept crashing. I moved to cudominer. This time I managed to earn 36p before it crashed - I cancelled the CPU and kept just the GPU mining. This helped but again it works for a bit then crashes. I thought I had gone through varies guides properly. I thought Cudo and Nicehash were idiot proof. ..... ...
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 01:42:14 PM

Really must recommend against using SATA in place of the 6pin.  The 6 pin is rated for more power and the sata is not.  Careful dont want fire...which is exactly what can happen with sata adapters.  Beyond that if you are running windows you will need to use the igpu on the cpu if not you will need to run linux os.  Try Teamredminer instead of claymore to see ifits just the limited memory issue.  Assume you have 4gb cards and not 8gb cards.

Good luck.
Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 02:33:59 PM

The PCI rises came with the SATA cables. What would you suggest instead?

What is igpu? Can I run Linux on top or do I need to reformat and start again? Do you do the whole ISO image of Linux etc

I'll try Teamredminer I'll try anything lol
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 06:32:33 PM

6 pin pcie plugs. (2 row of 3 pins).  Your 580s probably have the 8 pin pcie type plugs.  the 6 pin is the same but 6 pins.  the reason is sata is designed to handle 54watt max and 6 pin pcie cable handles 75watts.  Go over the wattage and you risk melting the cables...and as many miners can tell you...fire.

igpu is the on board video ( comes off the mother board and is powered by an intel cpu insternally).  If you are on windows whats happening is that windows is reserving vram on  gpu0 if you use the igpu it doesnt take it from gpu0. be sure to plug your monitor into the on board video output.  Under linux it doesnt reserve the vram so you can use the monitor off gpu0...although in coming months this may be more of an issue.  Before the end of the year eth/etc dag will be bigger than a 4gb video card can handle.

Another thing to try is does it fail with only 1 mining or 2 gpus mining.  Step up until it starts failing again.  Alot of times it boils down to power supply.  Be sure you know how many actual watts you are using and have available.  It matters.  As you task the poer supply more you can fond some odd behavior. 

As for linux...try mmpos, simple mining, hiveos etc...there are many mining linux os’s.  A lot will install to a thumb stick and do not require much hardware (4gb ram / 16gb mem stick).  Im still running ethos but it is older and not being updated except for the mining software itself.  mmpos.eu is my personal favorite currently.  Works really well and gas no issue mixing cards in a single rig,  Not just families of cards but even nvidia and amd.   You can use the full iso but the minig linux os’s will provide monitoring panels and full fan and power and temp controlls most are automatic.  Plus linux wont stealth update on you like windows loves too...  for mining its hard to beat linux.
Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 09:27:11 PM

ASROCK H110 Pro
8 x Sapphire RX 580
120gb SSD
Corsair 1200w power supply

My PCI risers only seem to have a sata connection.

My Corsair needs
2 x connection to motherboard
8 x gpu connection but split in half as one cable does two
8 x pci riser connection but split in half as one cable does two
1 x motherboard power
Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 06:02:26 AM

Cut it down to 2 gpu and change to igpu. It worked.

So I’ll increase to 4 cards?
Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 08:20:54 PM

I can run 2 GPU RX 580. But soon as I increase it the Cudo miner crashes! They crash within 30 mins. Would it make a difference to swap to Linux ?
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1624

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 10:23:31 PM

Use:
win 10 pro
latest AMD drivers 20.8.1
windows swap file 40 gb

MSI Afteburner:
PL  -5
Core clock 1150
Memory clock 2000

PhoenixMiner 5.1c

If the miner crashes, look for the cause in the hardware.
Start by checking the power supply. for 2 raisers only 1 wire from the power supply.

8*130+100watt   - 1140watt 
this is a heavy load on your power supply. Use 7 graphics cards or 2 power supplies

Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 08:51:57 AM

Use:
win 10 pro - Already using
latest AMD drivers 20.8.1 - Already done
windows swap file 40 gb - what is a swap file?

MSI Afteburner - I'll download tonight

PhoenixMiner 5.1c - I'll download tonight

It literally crashes straight away at the moment. I've only connected 1 power cable to max 2 gpu. Even 3 gpu crashes it - so would that suggest more software issue?

Thanks for the advice
Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 09:25:05 PM

Nope soon as 3 gpu it crashes. Within minutes. Downloaded and used the two programs suggested.

Any other ideas?

I’ve got a screen shot of the Phoenix when it crashed. Any help?

Saw something about no cuda driver accepted shares 0 incorrect shares 0.00%
safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 09:32:43 PM

Use:
win 10 pro - Already using
latest AMD drivers 20.8.1 - Already done
windows swap file 40 gb - what is a swap file?

MSI Afteburner - I'll download tonight

PhoenixMiner 5.1c - I'll download tonight

It literally crashes straight away at the moment. I've only connected 1 power cable to max 2 gpu. Even 3 gpu crashes it - so would that suggest more software issue?

Thanks for the advice
windows swap file 40 gb - Pagefile( I wrote incorrectly)
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows-10,36929.html

Do what I wrote and film your farm and how mining crashes. I want to see all the connections and the power supply.
Upload the video to any resource and I will give you some tips.

Be sure to install the Team Viewer or AnyDesk and FurMark.

Launch Furmark and pass the test of each video card.

Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 10:44:12 PM

Wow thank you I’ll do it tomor evening when the kids are in bed. I changed the gpu to the compute and tried Cudo miner. I tried it with 3 GPU and it seems to be working but I’ll test it over night.

I did play with the virtual memory. Can’t remember now but think set it to 24,000 max?
Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 10:02:07 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2020, 10:33:20 PM by Rawbsoup

Furmark has an error when I try and install it.

I’ve got a video of the Phoenix running.

https://streamable.com/1bqvh9

Actually I’m getting 119mh/s for 4 gpu. So it is working?? It appears it was virtual memory
safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 10:47:50 PM

I don't see any problems in the video. Most likely the second video card does not have compute mode enabled. For 8 video cards, I would set the virtual memory value to 40 GB and forget about this setting.

Check power settings and disable sleep mode.

Try other versions of Furmark, there are many of them in the torrent.
If the farm continues to crash, reinstall Windows and configure the farm again.

119mh / s excellent result, connect other video cards

Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 08:00:42 AM

It worked! For 2 hours .... then went offline.

Power settings are setup to never turn off. The virtual memory was set initial min 48000 And max 48000. All 4 gpu are setup to compute mode.

I’ll try find some other versions of Furmark. Otherwise do you offer paid support? With any desk
safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 08:56:44 PM

No paid support Smiley
I have a few questions
When were the graphics cards, power supply and motherboard purchased?
When your farm goes offline, what is its state: is it turned off (fans are not working) or is it on
(the fans are running). If it is on, what does the monitor show (black, or gray or other shades)?

Set MSI Afterburner to Memory clock 1750 and start mining, write in how many hours the farm will stop mining

Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 09:41:36 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2020, 09:57:54 PM by Rawbsoup

All purchased new within a month.

The latest offline went with one fan out of 4 running the rest all had stopped. The computer this time had crashed so had to force close it. The monitor had cudominer this time running. I thought I had turned off cudominer and started Phoenix. But I do keep trying both.

Having trouble starting the motherboard. I use a screwdriver to get it to turn on but it won’t turn on at the moment. But tomor I’ll test out the 1750

Ok I’ve got th motherboard on changed it to 1750 and gone back to 2 gpu just to see if it lasts throughout the night.
Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 09:48:21 AM

Last night. Tried Phoenix program. After about 20 mins it stopped. The fans have stopped and the program had closed. I’m currently trying cudominer with just 2 GPUs....
safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 04:01:37 PM

Know what is most interesting in your situation?
You write that your 4 cards have a hash rate of 119 mh/s, that is, almost 30 mh/s from each video card. Any video card from the store will give a performance of 25-26 mh/s, and a video card with a modified BIOS will give a performance of 30-31 mh/s depending on the memory manufacturer.

Have you modified the BIOS on the video card?

Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 05:40:12 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2020, 07:19:03 PM by Rawbsoup

I’ve tried various guides but I don’t think I’ve modified the bios? Any ideas on what I can do?

It’s been running 2 on cudominer all day perfect

https://ibb.co/nRVGtdW
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: