Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:34:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Biostar TB85 Mobo - how to change display to Internal/Onboard Graphics?  (Read 93 times)
GabryRox (OP)

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 08:20:26 PM

Hello everyone, as most of you know, the increased ETH DAG size has caused some problems for those of us mining with 4GB GPUs. I have successfully rectified this situation (for now) on 1 of my ASRock H81 Pro BTC boards by simply entering the BIOS and changing primary display to onboard/internal/integrated graphics, the running Phoenix miner 5.0e.  This worked the first time i tried it... just re-plugged the monitor into the VGA port on mobo after BIOS changed and good to go!

However, I have 2 rigs built on a Biostar TB85 mobo and for some reason, cannot get either of them to change successfully over to Internal Graphics (IGFX in their BIOS).

I tried the following combinations under:  Chipset --> System Agent Config -->

-  Primary Display = IGFX  (with IGFX "enabled")
-  Primary Display = IGFX  (with IGFX "auto")
-  Primary Display = Auto  (with IGFX "enabled")
-  Primary Display = Auto  (with IGFX "auto")

The "best" i am able to get when plugged into mobo's VGA port after these changes is a black screen with an arrow cursor visible but nothing else.

I've now tried this on both my Biostar rigs with the same result, so it seems likely a settings related issue as opposed to a faulty board.

Does anyone have a recommendation on the exact correct BIOS settings to enable this?  In addition to this area of the BIOS, is there another setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks in advance for your help!
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 08:28:45 PM

What is the exact model of CPU you have in the motherboard?

Not all CPU's have the IGA on them.

GabryRox (OP)

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 08:53:51 PM

What is the exact model of CPU you have in the motherboard?

Not all CPU's have the IGA on them.

Ah yes, I should have clarified this... the rigs in question have Intel G3000 series CPU's, all of which have integrated graphics.  Most are using G3260, 3250 or 3240 but all these have GFX onboard, so must be another issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: