Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:24:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you got kids?  (Read 1339 times)
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 06:34:25 PM

Yikes!

I'm in a real bind. My designer flaked out on me. A guy by the name of David Thorne. I paid him in Bitcoin for a big project in June, but by the time he worked out what Bitcoin was, they'd dropped in value from $30 to $2 and he kept repeating something about 'legal tender' ad nauseum and got real pissy about it. During a long (and frankly bizarre) e-mail exchange, his attitude got really bad and the standard of his work really dropped - look at the last thing he's sent me!

http://FreeTradeCollective.org

I told him that a child could do better!

Do you have a child that can do better?

I need a banner for the FreeTradeCollective.org website.

It should be

1. A crayon drawing
2. The drawing should be wide, ratio of 5:1
   (I'll need to fit it to pixel size of 960x192 for website)
3. It should feature the words 'Free Trade Collective' in big letters
4. It should be about the subject of yard sale/recycling goods/market/shop/craft/trade.
5. Submitted digitally - send a clear photo of artwork. No larger than 200K please. freetradecollective@gmail.com

Open to everyone aged up to age of 12.
1st Prize is 50BTC or $100 (whichever is greater when contest ends)
2nd Prize is 20BTC or $40
3rd Prize is 10BTC or $20

Prizes to be paid in BTC (converted from dollar amounts if the BTC price has fallen below $2 before the end of the contest) Rights to winning images to be owned by FTC, and will be featured on the website. Contest ends on 9/1/2012.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 06:37:05 PM

Do you mind if I post this on some homeschooling lists?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 06:40:35 PM

Thanks, that would be great! The more interest the better.

Closing date is european style by the way - so 9th Jan 2012, not the other way round.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 06:52:59 PM

I'm in a real bind. My designer flaked out on me. A guy by the name of David Thorne. I paid him in Bitcoin for a big project in June, but by the time he worked out what Bitcoin was, they'd dropped in value from $30 to $2 and he kept repeating something about 'legal tender' ad nauseum

Is this a joke? Are you the brunt of the joke? I think I saw a presentation in Boston several years ago by this David Thorne in which he engages in bizare correspondence with the goal of publishing and mocking the second party. His work is quite funny actually, but I imagine you know that. Otherwise, brace yourself. Smiley

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 07:19:37 PM

He will be -delighted- to hear your are going with a child instead of him, be sure to tell him.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 05:26:16 AM

There's a bit more discussion on the site here,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52681.0

Also, I should have a contest page up on the site soon.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 09:12:15 AM

Some years ago I offered a teacher in the Philippines to have her classroom design a graphic for a chapter of a book. I didn't use it, but it wasn't too bad and may use it in the future and maybe more like it. Children often have a unique perspective we older folk tend to filter out.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 09:32:30 AM

i actually really like the current banner.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: