Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:47:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum mining diff  (Read 479 times)
Cryptodiscuss (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 03:06:40 PM

Hey guys. Can someone tell me what is happening with eth mining diff? Last 24h it's more than 2.5x profitable mining eth than before.
Are miners mining something else more profitable? Why algorithm did not adjust diff?
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 03:38:25 PM

It is because the fees are way up due to Tokens/Smart Contracts on Eth.  Seems Eth is enjoying a lot of popularity recently.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 07:51:09 PM

It's back to almost normal, fees got as high as $6, now is back to $2.5, usually the fee is around $1 but they way things are i guess things will be like this for a while until eth 2.0 is released.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Permonik

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 06:02:28 AM

Hmm but, it´s the same with ETC. I usually mine 1,5ETC per day, but it was 5,5 from yesterday...
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 12:09:38 AM

Well with the recent Etc problems and the huge profits on Eth mining....i suspect a few miners may have switched to Eth thus making Etc easier to mine.
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 01:03:58 AM

Ethereum is really starting to lead this bull market I would not be surprised to see it go to 1000 and BTC to stay around 15000
if it was not for all the crazy red scam candle flash dumping the price to margin call every person longing I would have big longs on ETH right now.
Oh well at least I have some eth   waiting
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 07:50:50 AM

Hey guys. Can someone tell me what is happening with eth mining diff? Last 24h it's more than 2.5x profitable mining eth than before.
Are miners mining something else more profitable? Why algorithm did not adjust diff?

In fact more miners started mining ETH since last few days because we were getting pretty good bonus due the high transaction fees. So, difficulty was higher actually.

BOUNTY DETECTIVE

Powered by,
Cryptodiscuss (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 12:14:22 PM

So to draw a conclusion from this... Higher fees = miners earning more = ETH leading bull run.
Now, what would happen if all mineable coins got higher transaction fees? Huh
I mean, in last bull run, BTC fees were too high up and that backfired badly, but there must be some equilibrium.
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1624

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 04:27:22 PM

I read in the news that the commissions on the Ethereum network over the past week amounted to more than $ 34 million, and on the Bitcoin network about $ 9 million. This is a very good time for miners, I have already forgotten when the profit from 1 video card RX 480 was at the level of 1.5-2 dollars.

Sy
Legendary

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 07:39:48 AM

In fact more miners started mining ETH since last few days because we were getting pretty good bonus due the high transaction fees. So, difficulty was higher actually.

Hello,

I admit I have switched from ETC to ETH, "GAS" is nice but the difficulty is very present

So it makes more sense to mine ETH or ETC?

To be honest, I am a bit scared of mining ETC right now. The network looks a bit risky because they already suffered two 51% attacks one of which has resulted in a big loss.

BOUNTY DETECTIVE

Powered by,
dedizones

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 11:23:03 AM

Hello,

I admit I have switched from ETC to ETH, "GAS" is nice but the difficulty is very present

To be honest, I am a bit scared of mining ETC right now. The network looks a bit risky because they already suffered two 51% attacks one of which has resulted in a big loss.

Same, I'm afraid, I had ETCs, they were blocked for 2 weeks. they are at the 3rd 51% type attack and I think it won't be the last unfortunately, then the price really doesn't change compared to the other crypto.
Sy
Legendary

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 07:06:15 AM

Hello,

Same, I'm afraid, I had ETCs, they were blocked for 2 weeks. they are at the 3rd 51% type attack and I think it won't be the last unfortunately, then the price really doesn't change compared to the other crypto.

Yep! And the gas fees are still above 100 GWEI so I guess that's a pretty good incentive for us to keep directing our hash power to the ether pools.

BOUNTY DETECTIVE