Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:00:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: Becareful of imposters on forum boards  (Read 2667 times)
ireneang

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:48:03 AM

Apparently I made the list, although I've said the coin probably serves no purpose right now, never actually recommended the coin to anyone, and think most nation coins are silly. You have also repeatedly said I was Chinese (even though I'm not). You'll do best if you just stick with sane posts.

I agreed with you last night when you found the Bittrex thing. I don't agree that means we know who is using the fake account, but good catch finding it.

Your contributions and enthusiasm in HKC ANN thread seems contradict to what you said here.

The following is what you have said in HKC ANN thread:

Any idea with this coin will be listed on coinmarketcap?

BTW, can you think of any other places you would like to see this coin listed?

Some people are still sleeping on HKC and they need to be aware it's out there.

Poloniex would seem like the next logical step for the coin. It's still a small exchange, but not as small as Bittrex. A lot of nation coins seem to 'graduate' to there before then moving to larger exchanges.

Agreed...  Scammers never admitted what they did ... HAHA
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 02:52:21 AM

imposters on the these boards, you say?

why that's...un-possible!

Shocked

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
cryptobuddy

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:56:22 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 03:23:05 AM by cryptobuddy

imposters on the these boards, you say?

why that's...un-possible!

Shocked

Yes.. well.. I guess so far.. only HongKongCoin dev team created those fake Bittrex and Poloniex BTT accounts.
cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:32:59 AM

There is a user going by 'bittrex' that is signing off their message with "Bittrex Team" that is completely unrelated to our exchange.  Please be weary whenever people make contact with you over forum boards.

For those who are interested, the only bittrex members in the forums bittrex-bill, bittrex-rami, and myself.  You can always contact us via email @bittrex.com.

This doesn't only go for us... please be careful with anyone contacting you and verify.

I really hope that Bittrex can remove HKC from exchange...  HKC is really a SCAM!
richiela (OP)

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:30:13 AM

There is a user going by 'bittrex' that is signing off their message with "Bittrex Team" that is completely unrelated to our exchange.  Please be weary whenever people make contact with you over forum boards.

For those who are interested, the only bittrex members in the forums bittrex-bill, bittrex-rami, and myself.  You can always contact us via email @bittrex.com.

This doesn't only go for us... please be careful with anyone contacting you and verify.

Just to clarify: This is your Twitter, right: https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange

I don't want any more mishaps when communicating with you.

That it is, and you can always get to us via our support desk. 

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:43:51 AM

I really hope that Bittrex can remove HKC from exchange...  HKC is really a SCAM!
why?  i looked up what the fuck a HKC was, and it's a coin with a 2.5% premine that was built on a coin generator.  

who cares?  this is less shitty than about 90% of the coins out there.  

look carefully at the network hashrate of HKC:  there are only 18 fucking miners working on this coin, and two pools.  a network hashrate of 4th/sec.  that makes bitcoin mining 4th/sec easier for the rest of the world. 

it's even a waste of time to talk about HKC.  they're not a scam: they're a joke.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
HarryPotterCoin

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:52:31 AM

I really hope that Bittrex can remove HKC from exchange...  HKC is really a SCAM!
why?  i looked up what the fuck a HKC was, and it's a coin with a 2.5% premine that was built on a coin generator.  

look carefully at the network hashrate of HKC:  there are only 18 fucking miners working on this coin, and two pools.  a network hashrate of 4th/sec.  that makes bitcoin mining 4th/sec easier for the rest of the world. 

it's even a waste of time to talk about HKC.  they're not a scam: they're a joke.  

Right. What a joke

HKC dying anyway..
cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:10:28 AM

Right. What a joke

HKC dying anyway..

You are correct. HKC is dying. Now people know HKC dev team are scammers, and HKC is a Coingen Coin.

People are dumping HKC in Bittrex. Now it is only 3 satoshi. The network hashrare is <3TH/sec.
Spoetnigga

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:12:31 PM

be careful for real nigga, 'dem imposters for real nigga
lucienlu

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:31:25 AM

Apparently I made the list, although I've said the coin probably serves no purpose right now, never actually recommended the coin to anyone, and think most nation coins are silly. You have also repeatedly said I was Chinese (even though I'm not). You'll do best if you just stick with sane posts.

I agreed with you last night when you found the Bittrex thing. I don't agree that means we know who is using the fake account, but good catch finding it.

Your contributions and enthusiasm in HKC ANN thread seems contradict to what you said here.

Poloniex would seem like the next logical step for the coin. It's still a small exchange, but not as small as Bittrex. A lot of nation coins seem to 'graduate' to there before then moving to larger exchanges.

HKC dev planning get into Poloniex ... OK... There is a reason for them to make some fake Poloniex accounts in BTT.

how about us? what's the plan??

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.T4gejMMptw2hAf4Zi1BbD4ZtvJDEqeGXE8
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pw2t7Ly1uFCjGiZrKhYeXWJnxfp6ttcC6g
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
nagatlakshmi

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 11:12:09 AM

So, there are lot of fake accounts here.  Thank you very much OP for alerting bitcointalk community on this matter.

Coinmin

Activity: 483

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:16:49 PM

So, there are lot of fake accounts here.  Thank you very much OP for alerting bitcointalk community on this matter.

+1.
 Good to know.

Thanks!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:32:58 AM

You mean the poll results could be fake and contain multiple votes by the same person?  Angry
beetterer1

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:51:23 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 09:55:56 AM by beetterer1

You made a post on the ann thread that you were giving away free coins?

So i asked you for some and you gave them to me , so thank you  Smiley

Im in no way affiliated with HCK or Bittrex , i just wanted free coins
hjdt4fd1

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:26:50 AM

Agreed...  Scammers never admitted what they did ... HAHA
If admitted liar cheat than people.
direction

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:10:45 AM

same like poloniex and poloniex-team
be careful with impersonating user, they are scammer!

Really? No one tell them?
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:59:44 PM

Be careful!

Be careful - of freshly washed floors. You may slip.  Grin

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:04:44 AM

Please tell us more, Mr. Safety. Should we be careful? I need to be reminded of this 10x daily, so it's a good thing that every time I click that little 'new replies' button up top, I see you have bumped this thread. I am sure everyone here is also grateful to see this thread so often.

And I too worry a great deal about slipping on wet floors. It's a real hazard.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: