Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:32:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How should the block reward reduction take place?
The block reward is linearly decreased over equal periods of time, until a certain amount where it stays constant for longer. - 0 (0%)
The block reward is directly dropped to a low amount and continues until further requirement. - 2 (100%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XOL] Xolentum - The Future is Digital  (Read 1580 times)
sohamb03 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 04:49:34 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2021, 03:53:06 AM by sohamb03

XOLENTUM

The Future is Digital

Xolentum is a decentralized, peer-to-peer and open source digital currency.
It's fast, secure and completely private.

But why Xolentum ... ? Most of the existing cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, have transparent blockchains. This means that user's activity and transactions are traceable by anyone. With Xolentum that's not the case. Xolentum transactions are untraceable since the sending and receiving addresses, as well as transacted amounts, remain private.

Xolentum doesn't have a pre-mine, we do not believe in reserving funds for ourselves. Everything is fair and equal for all.

Xolentum uses Monero's industry-leading technology and we plan to follow them closely to stay ahead of the curve. Hence, Xolentum uses RandomX hashing algorithm, which means that it is ASIC resistant, and mineable only by CPU and GPU. Our main objective behind this is that the person mining even on the minimal hardware should not go unrewarded.

Xolentum has a 60-second block time, which means that not only transactions are secure, but fast too. Moreover, the network fee is very low.

Latest Release - Shark Net, Point Release 2.0 - v0.3.2.0

Specifications

• Name - Xolentum
  • Ticker - XOL
  • Supply - No supply cap
  • Block Reward - 50 XOL till block 42000 (2.1M emission), 8 thereon
  • Block time - 60 seconds
  • Decimal Points - 12
  • Ports - 13579 (p2p) and 13580 (RPC)

Important Links

Official Website: https://xolentum.org/
Block Explorer: https://explorer.xolentum.org
Downloads: https://xolentum.org/downloads

Blog: https://medium.com/@xolentum

Team: https://xolentum.org/community/team/
Services: https://xolentum.org/community/services/

Documentation: https://xolentum.org/resources/documentation/
Guides: https://xolentum.org/resources/guides/
Press Kit: https://xolentum.org/resources/press-kit/

Whitepaper: https://xolentum.org/resources/whitepaper/
Roadmap: https://xolentum.org/resources/roadmap/

It's a matter of extreme pride for us to announce that we are launching our public testnet today. Testing and debugging will go on for about a week, and then we will launch our mainnet.

We have already implemented CLSAG into our codebase, which significantly reduces the size of transactions.

We give equal importance to the use case of a coin. Hence, it's a pleasure to announce that we are also developing a game that will be using the coin. To make it cross-platform, we plan to have it web-based. It will be released shortly after the mainnet is launched.

We want to build an active community around our project. We already have a lot of users who know about the project and are showing a huge interest in it, and we wish it keeps growing forever.

Hope to see you all on our Discord server, which is our main community hotspot.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 10:28:18 AM

Will it be possible if you can provide a whitepaper for the said project? In addition, the photos of the team members on the website are not their real life photos. Would it also be possible if you can post their real pictures in order to prove if such project is genuine and real? Thanks!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 10:44:52 AM

For the whitepaper, we are working on it. We announced quite early as we wanted to run a public testnet, so that we can identify, debug and fix issues. I can assure you that before we launch the mainnet, all pending stuff shall be complete. That being said, it doesn't apply to the game which is in development and may require some more time to be completed since we have only one Developer working on it. It would be great if we find additional JS developers to contribute to it. Smiley

As far as real life pictures are concerned, the avatars are used to maintain uniformity. I and Sakura do not have any problem with publishing our identity on the web, in fact I've linked to my Facebook profile which has my real life picture and so does Sakura, on the website itself. However, the other two of them would like to maintain anonymity and our team respects that.

Our project is real and genuine, and of course my real life identity is public, hence you can be rest assured that this wouldn't be misleading anyway. If you want to know more about the project or have any questions in general, feel free to reach out to me or a member of our Core Team. Smiley

Regards,
sohamb03
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 04:51:47 AM

Seems that the bottom of your landing page is not yet finished.
Found out this part to be still in the original template.

I have no problem with semi-anonymous team, as long as you will not be screwing users.
There are so many projects with published team members, yet they managed to rekt investors.
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 11:02:40 AM

@TimeTeller Yes, that's correct. The website isn't fully complete. If you go to pages like the "Services" one, you'll find that there are only a few example links which I added to test that the views are fine. Moreover, the block explorer isn't live yet, but it'll be shortly.

Also, you are correct. Sometimes projects which seem very trustworthy at the beginning don't turn out to be the same in the long run, Yet it's community support and user satisfaction that earns success to a project. Be rest assured that Xolentum won't be one of them.

Agreed that some things are just incomplete on our end, but again we are practically three Developers in the core team. The fourth one is our Brand Ambassador. And among us three, two of us (including me) are students. So we are not able to stay online everytime, but try to do our best to get everything done in time. We only have one other Developer other than us who is working on the game, and that is pretty much all on Dev side of the project.

Things will fall into place steadily, and I can promise that everything will be complete by the time we launch the mainnet (expectedly in the next 7-10 days).

Regards,
sohamb03
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 11:30:49 AM

Is this some sort of experimental project for you as most of you in the team are still students? How are you going to attract potential users if what you are trying to offer here has been offered by other established alts like monero or zcash. Because such anonymity feature will only be useful if you also have several markets where users can easily trade with their chosen coin like btc. Also, since you have no premine, I am curious how long have you been mining before you introduced this project to the community? And that is why waiting for your block explorer here.
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 04:54:09 PM

@CaVO32,

Well, firstly, I'm sorry if saying that we are students created a sort of impression that it's an experimental project (or that we are inexperienced). It's not the case. Xolentum is a project to be used in production environment. Even though we are students, we've done our research into crypto world and CPP programming in general before setting up such a project in this ecosystem. And besides, it was never said that all of us are students, only two of us to be specific, and the third person is quite experienced in this system, with core contributions to numerous other projects.

Agreed, Monero and ZCash may already offer the features we have to offer but yeah, we're here to innovate. As aforesaid, we are working on a service utilizing the coin at first. It's a futuristic genre card game, which will be quite interesting. And as far as trading is concerned it'll definitely be there, but gradually though. As soon as there's a service for our coin, primarily the game, we're sure users will appreciate and hence, we'll be able to get listed on a lot of exchanges with the mentioned pairs like BTC.

There's NO premine. And we have NOT been mining before posting this here. I guess you didn't read the OP properly, it clearly says that we are in  a public beta and running a testnet ONLY right now, because we want to identify and debug the codebase, so that it's almost perfect if not flawless when we start the mainnet few days later. The whole idea was to be fair to everyone and not be greedy about mining ourselves moreover, we didn't want to launch the mainnet all of a sudden and then face bugs in the initial phase and ultimately shut down.

So far, just to tell you, we've fixed two critical bugs in the codebase while running the testnet. First being a bug in peer discovery, where teh daemon wasn't able to automatically discover peers and you had to mention a priority node manually. Second, the RandomX fork never happened at block 2113 (+99) which was otherwise expected due to another bug, which has been detected and fixed too. The RX fork for the testnet has been postponed to block 5302 (two days later).

The explorer isn't there because we haven't setup the API for it yet, the frontend has been made though (ported from another project). It'll go live soon for the testnet.

And again, when the mainnet launches, everyone will be able to mine. No reservations for us in any way.

Regards,
dafuqss

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 02:07:55 PM

Wallets are missing!!
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 04:54:35 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2020, 01:40:59 PM by sohamb03

@dafuqss,

Yes correct. But it's here now. Actually we were waiting for the RandomX fork before releasing anything in case another bug was detected. But that wasn't the case. The chain successfully forked for v2 - RandomX at the announced block height (5203)

And so, here is the first release with all the binaries - https://github.com/xolentum/xolentum/releases/tag/pre-releaseV0.0.0.0

Hope that helps!
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 06:46:02 AM

Hello everyone,

So the wait is finally over, it was a long one but worth it.

Xolentum's mainnet will be launched today approximately around 4 PM UTC.

There will be final release created a few hours prior to the launch, so that you can get the binaries and/or compile yourself.

Remember, Xolentum will be solo-mined until the RandomX fork at block 2113 (+60), hence no pools would be available during that time (approximately two days).

There will be another announcement soon after the mainnet has launched successfully, so be ready to start mining.

Cheers!
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 05:14:29 PM

It's official and definitely important!!

Yeah you guessed it right. Xolentum's mainnet has launched!

The latest release is out, so is the block explorer. All details have been updated in the OP.

You can compile or download the compiled binaries and get started with mining! Let's see some awesome hash rate.

Thanks and cheers!
rplant8

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 08:39:14 PM

Xolentum coin added to cpu-coins pool https://pool.rplant.xyz

Pool fee 1%, payments every hour from 10 XOL

vardiff  20000 ports 7068 and 17068(SSL)
vardiff 100000 ports 7069 and 17069(SSL)

Code:
xmrig -a randomx -o randomx.rplant.xyz:17068 --tls -u WALLET_ADDRESS.WORKERNAME

pool support: https://discord.gg/eHzNXmp  https://t.me/RPLANT_POOL
M1chlCZ

Activity: 19
Merit: 36

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 11:11:56 PM

Discord is telling me, that the server has only 100 users limit, so I cannot join. Is that true or what?
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 05:51:07 AM

Thanks @rplant8

Discord is telling me, that the server has only 100 users limit, so I cannot join. Is that true or what?

You misunderstood, Discord is actually telling you that you are on 100 servers which is the maximum servers one user can join. So you need to leave one server to join our server. Our server has 175 members at the moment fyi. Smiley
M1chlCZ

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 08:39:31 AM

Thanks @rplant8

You misunderstood, Discord is actually telling you that you are on 100 servers which is the maximum servers one user can join. So you need to leave one server to join our server. Our server has 175 members at the moment fyi. Smiley

Oh damn, gotta trim that fat, thanks! : )
BoozyTalking

Activity: 315

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 12:49:03 PM

Lol, people still believe RandomX still fpga/gpu/asic resistant algo?
M1chlCZ

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 12:21:56 AM

Lol, people still believe RandomX still fpga/gpu/asic resistant algo?
I don't know with 2080Ti I get like 1.5Kh/s pretty shitty.

And with FPGA/ASIC, I am not sure it seems to need instruction find in commerciall CPUs, problems are server farms with AMD EPYC CPUs. Correct me if I am wrong.
crypto.farm

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 03:58:33 AM

I understand for hardware fairness to pick an algo that does not have existing asic commercial,

May I ask what the design processes was for selecting RandomX? did u consider any other algos like yespower, etc? please explain why this algo was chosen.
y85413721

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 06:10:13 AM

why there is no qt
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 05:04:14 PM

I understand for hardware fairness to pick an algo that does not have existing asic commercial,

May I ask what the design processes was for selecting RandomX? did u consider any other algos like yespower, etc? please explain why this algo was chosen.

Yes we did consider "yespower". However, yespower isnt as audited as RandomX. RX has many professional audits.

why there is no qt

Won't say much on this ... honestly, qt sucks. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: