Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] NEW USB MINER - 5 Gh/s NANO FURY II USB MINER, **$39.00**  (Read 21263 times)
TheSchwartz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:34:29 PM

I just installed the newer version of bfgminer and everything seems to be working fine. I'm using a 2A usb powered hub, so that's my problem. i will have to wait until i can order the eyeboot 49 port hub with 40A, then I will order more NF2s.

I am doing a little testing now with everything working as it should be, but chip a on one of the NF2s doesn't seem to be getting read. It just says 0.0 /  0.0  / 0.0 h/s, and when I hit the down arrow to go to chip b, it reads as normal.  Does anyone know why it might not be reading something on that first chip? Is it something wrong with the  NF2 itself or what? thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Swimmer63 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:58:50 PM

I just installed the newer version of bfgminer and everything seems to be working fine. I'm using a 2A usb powered hub, so that's my problem. i will have to wait until i can order the eyeboot 49 port hub with 40A, then I will order more NF2s.

I am doing a little testing now with everything working as it should be, but chip a on one of the NF2s doesn't seem to be getting read. It just says 0.0 /  0.0  / 0.0 h/s, and when I hit the down arrow to go to chip b, it reads as normal.  Does anyone know why it might not be reading something on that first chip? Is it something wrong with the  NF2 itself or what? thanks
It's likely the hub.  Pull it plug it directly into your computer.  Also - the newest version may not be the right version.  I would recommend that until 3.11 comes out you use the links from my other post.
TheSchwartz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:06:59 AM

Sorry, I meant the version you linked me for 64bit is the one I downloaded. And I have interchanged the NF2 from the hub to the back of my computer and the front of my computer, everywhere i put it, with usb fan or without, it still shows 0.0  / 0.0  / 0.0  h/s for chip a of this specific NF2.

As soon as I can I will be ordering the eyeboot 40A 49 port hub, and the 24 ATX power supply, as well as 28 more Nano Fury 2s. Rushing to get it done before May ends so I can get the deal, and if it is the chip, I will return it.

Thanks much for the help. loving the product so far Smiley
Swimmer63 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:48:45 AM

Sorry, I meant the version you linked me for 64bit is the one I downloaded. And I have interchanged the NF2 from the hub to the back of my computer and the front of my computer, everywhere i put it, with usb fan or without, it still shows 0.0  / 0.0  / 0.0  h/s for chip a of this specific NF2.

As soon as I can I will be ordering the eyeboot 40A 49 port hub, and the 24 ATX power supply, as well as 28 more Nano Fury 2s. Rushing to get it done before May ends so I can get the deal, and if it is the chip, I will return it.

Thanks much for the help. loving the product so far Smiley
Yeah we'll replace it for you if it's still an issue.  Just let us know.
nybbler905

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:04:59 PM

I did read the other responses prior to this quote, in the meantime, If you feel brave, I have some options that may point out the issue and eliminate power as an issue.  I had to do some similar troubbleshooting on my own equipment and antminers/erupters/etc that turned out to be the hub and power as issues so it's similar.

If you can find a HDD to fan type connector ( cheap 12V powered from HDD passthrough fans ) and make a jumper to your hub ( cut off at the fan for length of cable and doubble check which is power, which is ground ).  MOST ( not all ) power connections at USB Hubs have center pin positive.  I took one of them and desoldered the power connection and found that it's outer power on mine.  I also found a ' flake ' of solder AT the pins of the USB Hub IC ( 1 to 7 hub IC after a 1 to 4 hub IC ) keeping the D+ and D- on one port shorted to each other ( no detect anything on that plug until it was cleaned, lucked out it didn't kill the IC or that port ).
I CUT the 5V line for the USB cable ON the board ( and long enough to undo if needed ) so I wouldn't power the PC from the hub.

I did a similar mod for a 7 port hub but with a wireless router power adapter as it was rated at 5V @ 2.5A DC.
Some other posts recomend signal diodes for the 5V USB cable to the modded hubs to prevent power going back in to the PC or causing issues.  If you keep all grounds as ground ( no floating voltages, and ground from everything eventually hits the pc power supply ground ) everything should be ok.

I also checked the hubs' caps ( yes, there are 4 capacitors in one of my hubs ) and replaced them all for higher rating ( moved to 16V 2200 Uf from the 6v 1000 Uf ones ) and the  other hub didn't have any on the power line except the ones at the Hub IC ( to clean power ).  Hope this helps someone out there Smiley and good luck mining!

Always looking for donations even as low as 1uBTC
14XfpYPdtYiGoEiDcKrSzuvBM3ukhwANUh - BTC
LS7FEfu9ajp3NQcDjui9TSKscwQesj9i8k - LTC
LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW -Luckycoin
vs3

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:25:52 PM

I plugged the first one into my computer and opened bfgminer, it was running at about 2.5 gh/s, even when I raised it to 55 bits, with <1% error rate.

Then I put the second Nano Fury into my computer and the first NF2 dropped to below 1.5 gh/s with an error rate of 4% and the second NF2 stayed at .5 gh/s with an error rate of 75%. I then went and bought a powered usb 2.0 hub and 2 usb fans and installed everything and plugged it into my computer. When i opened bfgminer it was the same results.

on to the several issues that I suspect - one at a time:
- 2.5 vs 5GH - this indicates that only one chip is hashing or being recognized by the software. That's makes me think you're using an older version of bfgminer. Note that 3.10 does not include dual-chip support. As 3.11 is not yet out you need to download the latest development (non-tagged) version - it may report something like 3.99.

- plugging a second miner causes drop in hashes - most likely both miners are powered by the same power supply which hits its limitations and there is no enough juice to run two miners. A powered hub should take care of the issue. Note also that there are some powered hubs that have very very crappy power supplies and they kick in after your desktop power starts going way down (by which time it might be too late). There is a whole thread on which hub to use, with people sharing their experiences.
I personally have very good results with the 7-port Amazon Basics one:
Amazon has their own custom built 7 port usb 2.0 hubs with 5v/4a adapter for $19 shipped (prime). Ordered 7 for an antminer project, i'll report back how they work out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQFGJR4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Actually they were $12 at some point ... I should've ordered more of them at that time. I've been using them for testing various quantities of NanoFury boards and so far they've been performing pretty well.

- plugging NF2s directly into the PC - this is not a good idea. When hashing at full power the NF2 will use 1.2-1.3A (and if you overclock it - even more). The standard USB2 connector can supply only 0.5A. For that reason you need to use an external powered hub (and make sure you leave enough power for each miner - e.g. of the hub comes with a 4A brick that would be enough for 3 NF2s).

- If you absolutely must plug it into the PC (or just for testing) then do not run it at full power. Underclock it to 30-35 bits. It will hash at slower speed but it will also use much less power.
You can use this approach to check that you have the correct version and that it sees all chips.

Swimmer63 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:38:20 PM

06/18/2014 UPDATE

Due to a cancelled sale we have 10 Nano Fury II's available on the website.  That will be it for them.  We have no plans to produce more at this time.

BUT!- the Nano Fury 6 is now available in the webstore.  We will not have a big thread on the product here so look at the webstore for details.  There are only 30 available so it's likely to be a short sale.

But check it out - very cool miner.

moonlightminer.com
Swimmer63 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:22:45 PM

NF2's gone.  NF6's still for sale.
vs3

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 06:14:17 AM

Hi, NF2 and/or NF6 owners!

...Is there a way to auto set them at BFGminer startup?

Yup - because I have several devices that run the best at different speeds this is what I have in my bfgminer.conf file:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333",
"user" : "vs3.nanofury2",
"pass" : "nanofury2"
}
]
"scan" : [
"nanofury:all"
],
"set-device" : [
"NFY:baud=500000",
"NFY:osc6_bits=56",
"NFY@0000144799:osc6_bits=54",
"NFY@0000075588:osc6_bits=54"
]
}

That way they're all at 56 bits, with the exception of those two which are at 54 bits speed. You can adapt the config file to fit your needs and add your other devices and their specific per-device settings.

TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:02:22 AM

Thanks man,

It'll be clearer when I actually start installing NF6s tomorrow, but that's a big help.  I'll be watching for serial numbers.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
vs3

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 09:08:11 AM

Thanks man,

It'll be clearer when I actually start installing NF6s tomorrow, but that's a big help.  I'll be watching for serial numbers.

The easiest way is to go to the Device [M]anagement (press M) and using the up and down arrows go through each device - it will show you also the serial numbers.
I think when you exit from bfgminer it also shows the serials in the summary screen.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: