Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:38:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be carefull Newbies! Fake Promo-code scams  (Read 738 times)
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 11:43:13 AM

I have recently signed up on the trust(lol)coin exchange because someone here was saying there was a promocode for a few free satoshis, I redeemed the code and tried to withdraw, it said I had to play atleast one roulette game before i can, which is what I did, and it said I had to deposit 0.016 to prevent abuse from the promo code. This is obviously a Scam!

This shouldnt be here in the Bitcoin Discussion board, if you are pertaining to the beginners and newbies out there, better post this on Beginners and Help board to make the forum clean. You can find the move button on the lower left most part of this thread.

With regards to the topic, it is really obvious that such promotions and referral are just scams, maybe not explicitly soliciting investments to continue the direct withdrawal, but rather make you go from point to point and deceive you that you earn this huge amount then just require investment in the end. Investment in general isn't that bad, yet it must not be that huge. Take Roobet as an example, which they only require a dollar investment so you can withdraw, but you can still have the dollar back after withdrawal.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 01:04:24 PM

I have recently signed up on the trust(lol)coin exchange because someone here was saying there was a promocode for a few free satoshis, I redeemed the code and tried to withdraw, it said I had to play atleast one roulette game before i can, which is what I did, and it said I had to deposit 0.016 to prevent abuse from the promo code. This is obviously a Scam!

This shouldnt be here in the Bitcoin Discussion board, if you are pertaining to the beginners and newbies out there, better post this on Beginners and Help board to make the forum clean. You can find the move button on the lower left most part of this thread.
actually this must be in Scam accusation section but first OP must provide some proofs and be reliable in all details he wanted to say for the safeties of His own account because this is a serious case i believe.
With regards to the topic, it is really obvious that such promotions and referral are just scams, maybe not explicitly soliciting investments to continue the direct withdrawal, but rather make you go from point to point and deceive you that you earn this huge amount then just require investment in the end. Investment in general isn't that bad, yet it must not be that huge. Take Roobet as an example, which they only require a dollar investment so you can withdraw, but you can still have the dollar back after withdrawal.
actually if it is good to be true mostly it is scam,and this is not far from others.

Good that you use Roobet as an example because the site is totally legit and has proven their  legitimacy when they make way to compensate Yahoo about the Bug their site face year ago.
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1732

Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 01:26:55 PM

If you have to deposit 0.016 BTC into the exchange, it is definitely a scam. This method is widely used by scammers. Promo codes with a few free satoshis are just nonsense that will trick people into being fooled. I harp everyone here can know about a method like this so it is not easy to believe.

Instead of paying to scammers, it is better if you invest 0.016 BTC or trade in the market, it will be better and more profitable.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2016
Merit: 937

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2020, 02:27:35 AM

Fake Exchange keep popping on, there's so many DM on Discord and espescially telegram trying scam people give PromoCodes and some scammer try to give me BTC free just for signup to their fake exchange

so becareful guys if you DM by someone and try give you a lot of money its to good to be true

and for you scammer out there believe me dude

"Karma never loses an address"

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 03:56:16 AM

Newbies are aggressive when they find something interesting in a certain platform that offers easy money.

But it is really obvious and suspicious if it asked you for sending money first, that's a 100% scam.

it is much better to not engage in that kind of schemes, it will just lead you to pure losses that you can't retrieve back. Instead of relying on those fake rewards and promo codes, it is much better to work on your own in a profitable way. Scammers are smart and wise and you will not fool them because they are the one who fooled people.
yazher

Activity: 2198
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 04:08:23 AM

Their reasons to make you deposit seem legit but those kinds of reasons are scripted. don't get yourself so excited when you see such offers. Usually, when it involves BTC giveaway or like this one, you will end up losing your money than getting something from them. Remember the world of internet is different, scams and fraud are common. we need to be vigilant and use our mind well to think the other way around. Because believing with these kinds of people when we don't really know who they are it's the worse thing to do.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Darkelf11

Activity: 509
Merit: 43

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 09:08:21 AM

Be carefull Newbies! don't fall for this crap!

I encountered this one before. The interface of the site was copied from other exchange. Here in forum there are some newbie accounts who posted some threads regarding trustcoin exchange. The site will require you to input your email, username etc. and then the promotional code. After that, you need to play before you can withdraw it and deposit to claim your prize. Be careful with these kind of sites. Do some research and don't let yourself be a victim.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 03:09:15 PM

Their reasons to make you deposit seem legit but those kinds of reasons are scripted. don't get yourself so excited when you see such offers. Usually, when it involves BTC giveaway or like this one, you will end up losing your money than getting something from them. Remember the world of internet is different, scams and fraud are common. we need to be vigilant and use our mind well to think the other way around. Because believing with these kinds of people when we don't really know who they are it's the worse thing to do.
This is true. In digital space it is kind of hard to know what is real and not. Giveaways and other compensations may be thrilling but we should always doubt everything first before trusting something or someone.

bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 04:30:51 PM

Whenever and wherever I see the word – FREE, I’m always very careful. Scammers these days are using so many different approach to scam people. They create things that will look legit and be promising to give you something for free and when you sign up for it, they will ask for a deposit before you get that reward.

Although I know that some legit websites makes use of a similar approach where they will tell newbies to deposit and play to a certain level to be able to cash out their bonus, but it would be best for you to make use of a website that has been around for a long time and also legit than for the one that is still new and not known by anyone.
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 05:20:45 PM

There is no reason to chase hard after a few free Satoshis. If all it takes for you to sign up and play a game on an unknown site are a few Satoshis, the tendency is that you might fall again for a scam like this.

What if it says you just need to deposit 0.0005BTC instead of 0.016BTC in order to gain access to a promo code which provides you 0.001BTC? Would you have made a deposit?

Nowadays, especially in the crypto space, treat the word free as a warning.

Yes not just sometimes but mostly those who offer free is unreliable and should be avoided because it is just a part of their marketing to get many people fall on their trap. They offer free but if you are already there ,you need to pay first before you can receive the free coins or whatever they are offering at the start before you joined. Scammers and crooks are just around with different tricks,so be careful guys not to fall with them.

rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 197

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 05:44:50 PM

This is true. In digital space it is kind of hard to know what is real and not. Giveaways and other compensations may be thrilling but we should always doubt everything first before trusting something or someone.

We needed to keep reviewing everything before we proceed and participate, not just because there's money
that involved but also if they are asking for KYC.
Very important to keep things being checked never to go blindly due to your greediness, it will lead you
losing your money or hacking your information.
Hackers and scammers are not stopping they are around and always taking chances, once they've seen
opportunities they will grab it right away.

princerepon

Activity: 980
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 06:36:54 PM

I would not recommend for any trade or any thing with new exchanges. Because it's too much risky for any kinda deal with new exchanges. I also faced some problems couple times when i was trying to sold my coin.
Now days joining in giveaway is really risky task. If you are not careful much scammers will loot you for sure. The simple thing is no one will give you free money, if some one try to give you unrealistic offer then it's better to stay away from it.
Maestro75

Activity: 1946
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2020, 07:01:14 PM
Merited by Mpamaegbu (1)

Fake Exchange keep popping on, there's so many DM on Discord and espescially telegram trying scam people give PromoCodes and some scammer try to give me BTC free just for signup to their fake exchange

so becareful guys if you DM by someone and try give you a lot of money its to good to be true

and for you scammer out there believe me dude

"Karma never loses an address"

Fake exchanges pop up the same way fake projects pop up every day. No matter how careful newbies want to be, they still fall victims to scammers. I also think traders should not keep on registering on every exchange they see or are introduced to. Take your time and do a proper research before registering on an exchange. Also, you should block and report anyone as spam who tries to send you a DM that you did not ask for.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
pathapoddo

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 07:36:45 PM

There is no doubt that it is not a scam. I don't trust any free satoshi site except freebitcoin faucet site. Other site will always ask for a deposit when you will try to withdraw your btc. Let's think it is legit but why would I have to deposit 0.016 btc? Why would this much big amount? So, becareful before depositing your hardly earned bitcoin in this such kind of exchanger, websites, faucets, or any gambling site.

⎔ CRYPTOCITIZEN ┇ RULE & EARN 【 $CCASH 】
MMO RPG METAVERSE ON BSC ┇ FIGHT  • •  DRAG RACE  • •  EARN
➥ TELEGRAM ➥ TWITTER ➥ TWITCH ➥ WEBSITE  • • 【 WEBSITE 】
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 07:39:34 PM

Newbies are aggressive when they find something interesting in a certain platform that offers easy money.
Well they gotta do what they gotta do for the money, it's easy money who else does not want that? but unfortunately most of them are the end of cliffs.

But it is really obvious and suspicious if it asked you for sending money first, that's a 100% scam.
It's working like the money doubler, I'm 100% sure that all of this is a scam, I don't know why still many people are falling this such old crap. This is created by ancient scammers and still working these days, Idea of which tells me there are dumb people.

Exchanges now can be easily made with fake volume, number of users shown, liquidity, and everything. Scammer gets wiser and wiser every time, they even spend money to make things more looking legit and pleasing to the eyes of everyone. But for those who really sees what's behind will surely know how things are being fabricated. You better be cautious with everything on the internet.
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 10:11:33 PM

I have never heard of the trustcoin exchange, but based on the story in the opening post it is an indication of huge scams.
All exchanges that offer promo free coins by must depositing first on those exchanges are likely scams. Most of the newbies
who want instant money are victims of this method.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1104

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 11:52:19 PM

....it said I had to deposit 0.016 to prevent abuse from the promo code. This is obviously a Scam!
A good decision that you didn't make any transaction or transfer the coin first to that exchange. So far, many fake exchanges or programs do this kind of scam in order to deceive their victims So usual, giving rewards and deposit first, this is one of the reasons why it is said as a scam.

Yup! This is an obvious scam attempt.
[1] [SCAM] trustcoin.exchange - Fake exchange

They even copy the webdesign of CEX exchange LOL
Can't we make it report in order to block that fake site? Probably there have been many victims that are deceived by the scam. Thankfully you have shared the link right here so that many more newbies or people can know about this fake exchange.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2814
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 01:01:51 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2020, 02:12:14 AM by Kelvinid

It is something you've been trick out by this kind of strategy without further research about the said exchange. Not even someone says that they will receive a few sats they will make you trust easily. There is no wrong about trying in order to find out if it is true, and actually it has but wondering if they ask you some deposit, that is a stupid thing to do if anyone does. No doubt it was a scam.

I can't imagine if there is someone who will take that deal and ask help in the forum because of being a victim of this. That's free and promo things make people become curious, but somehow it was their losing ends also instead of having a few sats from that offer.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Sadlife

Activity: 1400
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 02:22:05 AM

Scammers are really clever nowadays, if you're just clicking before thinking then you might fall for this. Newbies should always keep this advice; If its to good to be true then its probably not true. Always be wary and cautious when a platform, offers you easy quick earnings by depositing something.

▄▄▄▀█▀▀▀█▀▄▄▄
       ▀▀   █     █
    ▀      █       █
  █      ▄█▄       ▐▌
 █▀▀▀▀▀▀█   █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█        ▀█▀        █
█         █         █
█         █        ▄█▄
 █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █
  █       ▐▌       ▀█▀
  █▀▀▀▄    █       █
  ▀▄▄▄█▄▄   █     █
         ▀▀▀▄█▄▄▄█▄▀▀▀
CRYPTO CASINO
FOR WEB 3.0
▄▄▄█▀▀▀
▄▄████▀████
▄████████████
█▀▀    ▀█▄▄▄▄▄
█        ▄█████
█        ▄██████
██▄     ▄███████
████▄▄█▀▀▀██████
████       ▀▀██
███          █
▀█          █
▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▄█▀▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄ ▄█ ▄
▄▄        ▄████▀       ▄▄
▐█
███▄▄█████████████▄▄████▌
██
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
▐█▀    ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀        ▀█▌
     █▄████   ▄▀█▄     ▌

██████   ▀██▀     █
████▄    ▀▀▀▀           ▄████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
██████▌█▌█▌██████▐█▐█▐███████
OWL GAMES
Metamask
WalletConnect
Phantom
▄▄▄███ ███▄▄▄
▄▄████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀████▄▄
▄  ▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀  ▄
██▀ ▄▀▀             ▀▀▄ ▀██
██▀ █ ▄     ▄█▄▀      ▄ █ ▀██
██▀ █  ███▄▄███████▄▄███  █ ▀██
█  ▐█▀    ▀█▀    ▀█▌  █
██▄ █ ▐█▌  ▄██   ▄██  ▐█▌ █ ▄██
██▄ ████▄    ▄▄▄    ▄████ ▄██
██▄ ▀████████████████▀ ▄██
▀  ▄▄▄▀▀█████████▀▀▄▄▄  ▀
▀▀████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄████▀▀
▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀
DICE
SLOTS
BACCARAT
BLACKJACK
GAME SHOWS
POKER
ROULETTE
CASUAL GAMES
▄███████████████████▄
██▄▀▄█████████████████████▄▄
███▀█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████▌
█████████▄█▄████████████████
███████▄█████▄█████████████▌
███████▀█████▀█████████████
█████████▄█▄██████████████▌
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄███████▌
████████████████▀▄▀██████
▀███████████████████▄███▌
              ▀▀▀▀█████▀
Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 03:27:44 AM

Scammers are really clever nowadays, if you're just clicking before thinking then you might fall for this. Newbies should always keep this advice; If its to good to be true then its probably not true. Always be wary and cautious when a platform, offers you easy quick earnings by depositing something.
Exactly mate and if there are something that make them doubtful the best way to keep safe is ask the community,we have plenty of investigator here that will help and assist them in cases like there are a possible scam to happen.
There is no doubt that it is not a scam. I don't trust any free satoshi site except freebitcoin faucet site. Other site will always ask for a deposit when you will try to withdraw your btc. Let's think it is legit but why would I have to deposit 0.016 btc? Why would this much big amount? So, becareful before depositing your hardly earned bitcoin in this such kind of exchanger, websites, faucets, or any gambling site.
or Some is asking for KYC just for penny.

this is an obvious scam that luring newbies and greed people to fall for them,Hope the years are enough to teach cryptonians what is legit and which is scam.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀