Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:49:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on a Dedicated Server  (Read 143 times)
crypt0xmancer (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2020, 02:58:20 PM

Hey guys,

Does anyone of you know any host that offers dedicated servers and allows mining?

leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 08:38:33 AM

What are you planning to mine on dedicated VPS? Note that if you are only buying dedicated vps to mine coins you will end up with big fat zero when it comes to profit. You cannot make money with these machines unless you are doing something else with the machines which cover the cost to run it.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 5033

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2020, 08:44:06 AM

Dedicated servers usually don't have a limit on mining. My servers are rented with SoYouStart. I don't mine with them, but when i read their TOS a long time ago, i don't think there was a rule against mining.

However, if you rent a VPS, and you mine, you'll probably be kicked in a matter of hours/minutes

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 11:51:31 PM

However, if you rent a VPS, and you mine, you'll probably be kicked in a matter of hours/minutes

Not necessarily ....
A few months ago I tried some mining on VPS from DigitalOcean for a test. I delegated 3 out of 4 cpu to mining and they kept mining for a month without any interruption from provider site. The effects were not stunning - after all, the parameters of inexpensive VPS are not perfect, but I found out that it is completely possible...

niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2020, 04:24:47 AM

Mining on VPS is not profitable unless the mining is not involving the CPU or GPU powers and more like a master or validation node. You can always checkout mining hash providers which will be sufficient for your need.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 5033

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2020, 05:51:26 AM

Not necessarily ....
A few months ago I tried some mining on VPS from DigitalOcean for a test. I delegated 3 out of 4 cpu to mining and they kept mining for a month without any interruption from provider site. The effects were not stunning - after all, the parameters of inexpensive VPS are not perfect, but I found out that it is completely possible...

You are right... I was speaking from my (limited) experience with VPS's and from reading other people's stories on BTT. This does not mean there is no VPS provider out there that doesn't allow mining. As a matter of fact, the odds are big that there are a couple out there that don't mind (or don't care enough to keep an eye on their host's load).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████