Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:09:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [INSTOCK] NEW USB MINER - 5 Gh/s NANO FURY II USB MINER, *Low Price*  (Read 1726 times)
Swimmer63 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:16:21 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 08:49:16 PM by Swimmer63

5 Gh/s Nano Fury II USB Bitcoin Miner v0.5
by Moonlight Miner, Design by vs3
Dual Chip Bitfury USB ASIC Miner

5 Gh/s Nano Fury II USB Bitcoin Miner v0.5
by Moonlight Miner, Design by vs3
Dual Chip Bitfury USB ASIC Miner

Specs and Info:

• LOWEST PRICED 5 Gh/s USB MINER AVAILABLE
  • NOT a Pre-Order -- In stock for immediate shipment
  • Each miner contains TWO Bitfury (Rev.1) ASIC Chips
  • Super Easy Install - No additional drivers needed for most computers
  • Requires this version of BfgMiner: http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/webisect.php?dobuild=bfgminer
  • Overclockable - speed of 4.7-5.4 Gh/s at 53-55 bits - stability can reduce with increased speed.  3.7-4.1 Gh/s requires 1A(amp), which is slightly more than USB 3.0 standard of .9A
  • 5 Gh/s speed needs 1.5-1.8A per device.  It is unlikely you will be able to utilize each port in a powered USB hub.  In tests a 10 port "Juiced Systems" USB 3.0 powered hub ran 4 miners and a USB fan comfortably.
  • Miners can exceed 5 Gh/s but have NOT been tested above BfgMiner oscillator settings of 55 bits.  Running at higher speeds may damage the miner and will void the 30 day warranty.
  • Light to medium air circulation required for speeds over 3.7-4.1 Gh/s.  USB fans work very well.

Full Image Gallery at http://imgur.com/a/WKycW#0

Pricing:
    Can vary with changing exchange rates.

• 1-9 Units  - $68.00
           [PRICE DROP]

• 10-24 Units - $66.50
           [PRICE DROP]      

• 25+ Units - $58.00

How soon can I get them?        **Ships in 1 Business Day or Less**
     FREE USA Domestic USPS First Class shipping is included.
     USA Domestic FedEx Standard Overnight (where available) is $36 for up to 25 miners.

Promise it will work?:
     All miners are tested twice before they are shipped.  Once by the Developer himself, then again by Moonlight Miner.
     We have a 30 day replacement warranty for each device.  No refunds.  
     Warranty void if overclocked above 55 bits or used without some form of air movement/fan.

Who's the Brains behind this?
     Nano Fury is an open source design developed by Bitcointalk.org forum member "vs3."  We encourage BTC donations for the developer at 1AHvViTD5wohPywNYHi8NZ8uPhbY9dZXCY.
     Details of the design, files and questions for the developer can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321287.0

How do I buy these?
    EDIT - Webstore is now up.  Go to:

http://www.moonlightminer.com

What if I need help?

Info Sheet and Start-up Instructions

We have not tested many hubs conclusively at this point but believe amp capacity to be the only limiting factor.  You can use USB 2.0 or 3.0 hubs.  3.0's typically have greater capacity.  Please refer to this comprehensive list of hubs that been tested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253749.0

The original Nano Fury Open Source thread offers quality community support at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321287.0

If you are unable to have your question answered through these resources contact Moonlight Miner Support support@moonlightminer.com

[/list]
    hurricandave
    Legendary

Activity: 966
    Merit: 1003

View Profile
    March 23, 2014, 02:28:22 AM

Why so many Hardware Errors. That shows a run of 19hrs and two units have nearly 10% HW Errors while producing fewer Accepted shares.   Accepted=4734, Hardware Errors=7461 HuhHuh?
    Swimmer63 (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile
    March 23, 2014, 03:22:57 AM

Good point Hurricandave - You know I can't remember the settings on those chips as it was the first day we had our stock back.  I threw those on and left them over night without tuning very precisely.  I was more interested at the time to see how they did in the hub I was testing.  But you are right.  The miners one and three are high and probably should have been tuned one bit lower on one of the chips than they were.  I'll run a few tonight with the chips calibrated the way they should be. 
    Miners two and four are well tuned.
    Settings of one bit can increase/decrease HW errors by 5-7%, from our experience so far.
    hurricandave
    Legendary

View Profile
    March 23, 2014, 04:32:00 AM

Wonder if its a power distribution issue with the hub. Like paired splices.
    hydragroup

Activity: 21
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    March 24, 2014, 01:57:37 AM

These look AWESOME!!!
    Todamont

Activity: 604
    Merit: 273

View Profile
    March 24, 2014, 02:21:32 AM

They look fancy, but they'll never ROI.
    vs3

Activity: 622
    Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
    March 24, 2014, 05:59:04 AM

hurricane - I suspect you might be right - running the miners pushed to the max does add to the power requirements and I guess it is possible that there may have been some power distribution interference.

Sometimes there are easy workarounds that you can try - such as spacing them at every other port, or just adding a little fan (as lowering the temperature improves the overall performance of the device in multiple ways).

Also - I think Swimmer63 already posted all the important info on the opening thread, but just in case you can find even more details in the google doc that was part of the pre-release (see this post)

hurricandave
    Legendary

View Profile
    March 24, 2014, 06:23:17 AM

Thanks for reposting the link to the Google Docs I had not come across that yet! Props to putting out a great detailed user guide! It is often so undervalued by companies how much of a difference it makes to a potential buyer to actually see guidance for the product they are considering purchasing. 
    Swimmer63 (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile
    March 24, 2014, 07:53:35 PM

EDIT - I replaced the screen shot with a run that was free from hub issues.  That particular hub could not run efficiently with 4 miners and the miners themselves were not tuned individually.
    This shot now shows miners I pulled randomly out of a box, tuned each one and let run overnight.  Let us know if you have any questions.
    I am also testing these on ASICMINER's 49 port hub to see what we can get out of that.  Should be interesting.
    jamie10511

Activity: 44
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    March 24, 2014, 08:06:13 PM

i am just curious why would somone buy this at 0.17

when you could buy a 2gh antminer for 0.037 and even 2 for a total of 4gh or 4.4 overclocked for 0.74 which is half the price

Huh Huh Huh
    Swimmer63 (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile
    March 25, 2014, 03:13:15 AM

Updated OP with price drop.  Check it out.  While we will never be the lowest priced this makes us highly competitive.
    Swimmer63 (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile
    March 27, 2014, 05:43:25 AM

Shipping same day if paid by noon pacific time.
    Swimmer63 (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile
    March 28, 2014, 04:37:37 AM

WebStore is now open for all:            Smiley Smiley Smiley Grin Grin Grin

http://moonlightminer.com/

Visa, PayPal, Amex are up.  Bitcoin is not working yet.  Tomorrow morning probably.
    Swimmer63 (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile
    March 29, 2014, 05:49:47 PM

OP is updated with website for ordering. 
    Accepts credit cards, PayPal and BTC!!
    Swimmer63 (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile
    April 01, 2014, 01:58:11 AM

OP updated with corrected link for bfgminer and revised start up instructions link.
    MickGhee
    Legendary

Activity: 1386
    Merit: 1000

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
    April 01, 2014, 06:56:16 AM

Too expensive

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
    Swimmer63 (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile
    April 02, 2014, 05:56:48 PM

Updated OP with numbers.  More than half way to 500.
    Pages: [1]
      Print  

Jump to: