Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:05:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone waiting for v2.0 but...  (Read 442 times)
Mulann2

Activity: 686
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 03:34:01 AM

Greetings to all,

So I found out that Ethereum v2.0 will be delayed, again.
In a recent podcast Vitalik said that technical implementation is bringing difficulties. He also added that in terms of use, some applications may fail and some of them may work flawlessly.

Do you think that digging deeper into technical aspect the the team is facing unsolvable issues or at some point everything on the chain will work just fine, just as promised?

In my opinion they should not rush according to the pressure of the community but focus on the upcoming challenges and to delay it as much as needed.

Yeah, no need to rush, what is the point of releasing v 2.0 when it will be full of bugs, if the team are facing issues with the technical side which is very crucial to v2.0 working flawlessly better they take their time and find a workable solution, am sure everyone would not mind the delay as long as the deliver a bug free product at the end.
reza7777

Activity: 1414
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2020, 03:39:11 AM

better delayed than imposing but unsatisfactory results, but what I'm thinking now is will there be a dump on ethereum in a few days? should I sell it now and buy it when it's cheap?

▄█▄▄    ▄█▄
     ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀██▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄██▀    ██▄   ▀▀██▄
██      ██       ██      ██
▀██▄▄   ▀██   ▄▄███   ▄▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄    ▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
     ▀▀██▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀█▀     ▀█▀
N O D Y
nody.ai

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄███████████████▀▀███▀▀█▄
██████████████▀▄██▄▄    █
█████▀            ▀██▄▄██
█▀                    ▀██
█      ▄█▄    ▄█▄       █
█▄     ▀█▀    ▀█▀     ▄██
██                    ███
███    ▀▄      ▄▀    ████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████
██████▄▄        ▄▄███████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2020, 04:01:14 AM

Every project sustainability is very much dependent on how their platform performs it is just right for the development team of Ethereum to delay launching if they think there are still bugs nobody should pressure Ethereum, the developer team knows that there are a lot of competitors and they want to make sure that things will go smoothly when they launch still enough time for investors to buy more Ethereum for preparation for the coming POS feature.

dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 04:16:35 AM

Every project sustainability is very much dependent on how their platform performs it is just right for the development team of Ethereum to delay launching if they think there are still bugs nobody should pressure Ethereum, the developer team knows that there are a lot of competitors and they want to make sure that things will go smoothly when they launch still enough time for investors to buy more Ethereum for preparation for the coming POS feature.
I agree with your opinion. I think the most important reason why the ETH developers team still hold the project is that they want to make sure everything goes right. ETH 2.0 is an important event for Ethereum particularly and for other projects generally. It carries such a great effect to the market, though, it's better be perfect when it launched!

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 04:41:08 AM

They already provide information that the Ethereum 2.0 launch would be divided into 3 phases until it was finished at the end of 2021. Indeed, many people are waiting for the launch of the new Ethereum platform, because they believe the price of ETH will increase dramatically after that.
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 05:10:29 AM

They already provide information that the Ethereum 2.0 launch would be divided into 3 phases until it was finished at the end of 2021. Indeed, many people are waiting for the launch of the new Ethereum platform, because they believe the price of ETH will increase dramatically after that.
Isn't that a right thing to expect? We all can see right now even the hype about ETH 2.0 can positively affect the market, which makes BTC, ETH and some altcoins increase lately. It would be a good thing if ETH and other altcoins can pump dramatically after the launch of ETH 2.0. I believe so! Not only me but also a lot of traders and investors believe in the same thing! They also expect that the pump of ETH can create a bullish season for altcoins.

Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 05:32:47 AM

better delayed than imposing but unsatisfactory results, but what I'm thinking now is will there be a dump on ethereum in a few days? should I sell it now and buy it when it's cheap?
They can delayed this upgrade but the thing is more users of this community awaiting for this to happen to launch this year. So there's a possibility the price of ethereum will affected and will experience of plummets in the market. We can say to sell at your expected rate or if you already earn a profit and buy back when there's a slight drop price. So let's observe what might gonna happen in ethereum in the following days or months.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 05:54:42 AM

How is it delayed? Do they gave an exact schedule to launch the ETH 2.0 ?

I think what I read is that it will be launch this year but they are not giving a specific date, so if its delayed, what's the new schedule?

Ps. I'd appreciate if you put some source of the information you shared.
I found the info on cointelegraph news

I check it and couldn't find it in the latest news. Are you sure it's a new publication?

Actually there's a lot of article we can read about ETH delaying their launch like this article (https://decrypt.co/35210/ethereum-2-0-delayed-vitalik-buterin-disagrees) published on Jul 11, 2020... so I guess this is not new to us, Vitalik and the ETH devs never promise a launch this year.

part of the content of the article I shared :

In brief
Ethereum 2.0 may not launch until 2021, according to Ethereum Foundation researcher Justin Drake.
Ethereum 2.0 transitions the network from a proof-of-work system. It's been in the works for years.
Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Ethereum, has argued against Drake's claims and believes that Ethereum 2.0 is still on track to launch this year.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Kelvinid

Activity: 2814
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 05:55:38 AM
Merited by Maslate (1)

The technical issue is one reason that causes the delays
https://cointelegraph.com/news/vitalik-buterin-ethereum-20-presents-a-much-harder-challenge-than-we-thought

The team is preparing for it carefully to avoid any problems during launching. It was their call also to make it perfect and runs smoothly. They care much for it and protecting from any unwanted troubles so there is no need to hurry.

We all have been excited and eager to have their final say, but we also have to understand the situation that they have face today. It is absolutely a big pressure for them as people expect more for this.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2020, 05:57:37 AM

In my opinion they should not rush according to the pressure of the community but focus on the upcoming challenges and to delay it as much as needed.
I think thats why Vitalik set the bug bounty for hackers to really find flaws and error on the new system. Some would think that he is boastful or quite confident but lets rule out that he did that to make certain that there will be no drawbacks on the technology. I think thats a good way to address concern.

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 06:06:24 AM

I think thats why Vitalik set the bug bounty for hackers to really find flaws and error on the new system. Some would think that he is boastful or quite confident but lets rule out that he did that to make certain that there will be no drawbacks on the technology. I think thats a good way to address concern.

It's better to test it and make sure that updates will be flawless than to rush with that and to make mistakes. We all wait for an update, we all believe in the price boost after that. While we wait we can concentrate on earning more Ethereums, or to find money to invest in Ethereum while the price is not too high, and Ethereum price is on the rise, it's more expensive and in future can be even higher.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 06:12:55 AM

Greetings to all,

In a recent podcast Vitalik said that technical implementation is bringing difficulties. He also added that in terms of use, some applications may fail and some of them may work flawlessly.

Do you think that digging deeper into technical aspect the the team is facing unsolvable issues or at some point everything on the chain will work just fine, just as promised?

You mean the failed testnest? This morning I read on crypto news that it's been fixed, no delay in eth 2.0 anymore mate, the development is so over and launch will commence very soon, right now I need to worry about getting more coins before it's too late

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
ser7878

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:23:25 AM

That is an unpopular opinion, but I tend to agree.
Eth 2.0 is really awaited update and the pressure from the eth community and social media is real and they literally don't have a chance to fail.
So its more reasonable to wait a bit longer to pass all tests twice before really putting it out
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:28:46 AM

ETH 2.0 is not an update, it is a completely new project, and the team needs to make everything from ETH 1.0 also work, I think no one has ever encountered such a major problem, but the team at Ethereum is strong, we can only wait.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:33:13 AM

That is an unpopular opinion, but I tend to agree.
Eth 2.0 is really awaited update and the pressure from the eth community and social media is real and they literally don't have a chance to fail.
So its more reasonable to wait a bit longer to pass all tests twice before really putting it out
There is nothing to hurry though with the current situation of which eth still working good and miners are earning much also with high transaction fee now that eth had much number of transactions being made. Eth user too enjoying the hype that was being made to where market price of eth gone lots of increase lately. Let us just wait for it and we do not know that this time eth will get a record of all time high after the bitcoin.
seramania

Activity: 827
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:34:27 AM

Greetings to all,

maybe this is a strategy from vitalik. why is vitalik first giving 2.0 signal to people if it turns out it's delayed. won't that create unrest to the ethereum fans who have been waiting.
maybe there is another vital path that 2.0 will take to make 2.0 successful and we don't know what path he will take

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2020, 07:48:10 AM

Truly said. Rushing on for a community pressure could be more devastating. The blockchain is working and the least thing we want it is to break. They should test it enough before releasing. It also should be an overall development to the blockchain. Just making it more sluggish to implement POS would not be good. They rather break older apps and smart contract to make a better environment for them in future than to make it sluggish to fit most of them.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 08:08:14 AM

Ethereum v 2.0 platform is the most advanced blockchain project what we have ever seen. It is completely different from v 1.0. So I do not have any problem to wait a little bit longer but with the warranty that everything is well-tested and the code is safe. Ethereum 2.0 could be here for more than 10 years, so do you have problem to wait few months more?

Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2020, 09:51:10 AM

Ethereum v 2.0 platform is the most advanced blockchain project what we have ever seen. It is completely different from v 1.0. So I do not have any problem to wait a little bit longer but with the warranty that everything is well-tested and the code is safe. Ethereum 2.0 could be here for more than 10 years, so do you have problem to wait few months more?

Thats because it is in human nature to be anxious and impatient, I know there has been a lot of pressure on the eth dev team to release the v2. 0 as scheduled but being the expert on their field I guess they know better, releasing a half baked platform won't do anyone any good, it is better to feel disappointed with the delay and have a bug free platform when it is finally released.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
big kid

Activity: 325
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 10:28:51 AM

Do you thing it is nothing done and all just about the hype and the profit?
OP has said literally nothing of you've just mentioned.
Its all about if the time spent on waiting and working on eth2.0 worth it or not.
I am not sure if Vitalik made right choice and it seems for me that he is wrong and should've done everything he could to speed up the process of launching the thing.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: