Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:15:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin maximalists are doing more harm to the crypto space than good ?  (Read 539 times)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 03:20:36 AM

Maximalists are can be described as a hypocrite that pretend to care about cryptocurrency but in fact they just care at what they invest. They say whatever they say and i dont think they are an expert of the tech at all. I never care to read their tweet as most of them are just rubbish to me.

Agreed! This maximalist has declared that every cryptocoin that is not bitcoin is scam and he has made it appear that holding any cryptocoin that is not bitcoin a sin.

However, he is part of a project that issued a token in Ethereum. Did he admit defeat hehehe? It appears that this is an type of welcome that ERC20 is the standard for token issuance in the cryptospace.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 03:45:08 AM

It is best to let it all go natural, bitcoin proponents often do not have any knowledge of how to view the source code of a cryptocurrency. They just get bitcoin to market people outrageously and blindly. Over the years people are still suffering from FOMO for believing in unsubstantiated statements and invitations. There are a lot of people who have lost money because of crypto and so they hate crypto in some way.

Perhaps, this people just want to build hype for their investment to grow, not really supporting crypto itself but their personal interest in cryptocurrency. For example, if they just posted on twitter about a hype that was about to happen when in fact, developers clearly know what the upgrade is about then these "maximalist" are creating more stories that they can, just to attract investors that aren't ready. The problem is when normal people just got baited, not knowing allot about crypto then they lost their investment, as an effect, they will have negative impression to cryptocurrencies.
XEsseKasper

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2020, 07:04:15 PM

Bitcoin maximalists are doing more harm to the crypto space than good ?
-snip-

Remember: Bitcoin is an Open Source project, so do try to keep an Open Mind to other projects and innovations within this space.

For every bitcoin maximalist there was already a scam shitcoin or ICO. And more schemes will rise.
Blaming only the maximalists means ignoring half of the reality.

I believe those are the most important terms here:
OpenMind and Scams.

I am not a bitcoin maximalist. I have, in my portfolio, about 80% bitcoin. There was times with 50% and others with 90% (due to high volatility).

However, when ANYONE asks me for investment advice regarding cryptocurrency, I try to be a bitcoin maximalist (and a lot of people ask me, because bitcoin/crypto is still highly unkown and not well understood even by most " tech guys" )

I don't truly believe in ANY of those project as much as I believe in bitcoin. If I had to scale in confidence/security, I would give bitcoin an 8-9 and the best altcoins (imo) at most a 5 (I don't want to say which ones I believe now, but they are very few).

Some other day I saw a person which a respect a lot, an old guy who loves gold and traditional markets and has an youtube channel . He was chilling EOS and saying that is his biggest cryptocurrency holding.

I don't know if he was scammed or if he is being paid to promto that shitcoin, just like jameson loop did.

Usually, most of those altcoin projects are heavily hyped, very dangerous (they can go 1000% up and 99,5% down within a few weeks).

There are some good projects? Well, there are. And they certainly should be incentived. But there are far too many scams.
I agree with Bitmover. Nobody understand this market well as it is still new and there are more unknowns than known facts. In my opinion, BTC is oldest crypto with highest market capitalization and liquidity. This is why my choice is to invest only in BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: