Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Theta Coins not showing in Ledger (Mainnet)  (Read 103 times)
ozwest (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 04:59:25 AM

Hello, I am very new to crypto currencies and I just recently (Aug 2020) bought THETA tokens which I put into the THETA wallet and from there moved into Ledger.

They did not show up on Ledger so I started to investigate and found out that Ledger only support THETA ERC20 tokens not the THETA mainnet tokens. The tokens seem to be on the Ledger Nano however I can not send them anywhere else now.

I was looking for a Theta support but can not find it, so I am puzzled and am hoping for your tips on how to proceed.

I wrote a more extensive document about what I did do so far, so here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nigY0Sx9EoPWOSN3EEkrsqP5COQ90JcH/view?usp=sharing
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 10:17:43 AM

No one can help you with that concern. Reach out to Ledger and tell this problem so that they can help you how you can retain the mainnet coins you sent for Theta. I don't know the process either but you can reach them through posting on their subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/

ozwest (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 01:23:21 AM

Thank you Sunsilk

I contacted Ledger support and they said they can not help me. However, I am going to try the forum you just mentioned.
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 02:30:54 AM

Thank you Sunsilk

I contacted Ledger support and they said they can not help me. However, I am going to try the forum you just mentioned.
You're welcome.

They are also the one who owns and manages that subreddit. So, if they have already contacted and answered you, you will only get the same answer.

elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 06:59:28 AM

I find it weird that the mainnet wallet allows you to send to your ERC address. Do they have the same format or does Theta wallet does not implement address checking? Sorry for your loss but I doubt you can get your coin back by the looks of it.
ozwest (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 11:46:53 AM

Yes, I find it weird too however I do not know much about the cryptocurrency as yet but I worked in IT and this would be something you certainly would check for in particular if you have the public using / buying / storing this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: