Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum. Transaction stuck in the pipe?  (Read 278 times)
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2020, 10:32:00 PM
Merited by Avery_39 (2)

~snip~

The method shared above by Royse777 is an advanced method.
To make it easy for you and to avoid confuse check this guide as shown below.

1. Paste the BTC address.
2. Set the amount of BTC you want
3. Click Pay
4 Set the mining fee - You can use the recommended fee from here https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
5. Type the password
6. Then click Send.

Now it should be broadcasted to the network unless if your wallet is offline as the image shown below.

If your wallet shows red the same as my image above it means you are not connected. The transaction will only save in local as the image shows below.

Or if your wallet shows "Syncing" like this

The transaction is not yet broadcasted and it should show something unconfirmed transaction in the history tab(it means it's not broadcasted yet to the network/ it's stuck on the local transaction due to syncing/internet issue.)

If that's the case you must fix it first before the transaction can be broadcasted to the network.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Avery_39 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 11:15:04 AM

Thanks, you've all convinced me to try again.

Firstly, my second (failed) transaction used the same Receive code (address) as my first (successful) transaction.  Is this ok, or is it better to generate a new Receive address to send the bitcoins to?

(Reminder, I own the hardware wallet I am sending the bitcoins to, hence I can generate a receive address on the hardware device.)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16577

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2020, 11:28:35 AM
Merited by Avery_39 (1)

Firstly, my second (failed) transaction used the same Receive code (address) as my first (successful) transaction.  Is this ok, or is it better to generate a new Receive address to send the bitcoins to?
You can re-use the same Bitcoin address, but in general it's better for privacy to use a new address each time. In this case, it doesn't really matter.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 11:28:58 AM

It is generally good practice to generate a new address every time you want to receive coins, mostly because it improves your privacy. You can read about why reusing addresses is not advised here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address_reuse

Having said that, there is nothing stopping you from reusing an address you have already used, and if you made the transaction to the same address as your first successful transaction, you would still receive the coins normally. If you are generating a new address with your hardware wallet, make sure the address on your screen matches the address on your wallet, and always double check it after you copy and paste it to any new window or software.
Easteregg69

Activity: 1439
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 11:33:11 AM

Your BTC will be returned from mempool if you go to low on fee. Can take many month.

Consider your coins locked till then.

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 12:09:13 PM

Your BTC will be returned from mempool if you go to low on fee. Can take many month.

Consider your coins locked till then.
That's not accurate.

The default mempool expiry is 336 hours, which is two weeks - https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/ad2952d17a2af419a04256b10b53c7377f826a27/src/validation.h#L65

Far more likely is that long before we reach two weeks, the mempool will empty and even the lowest fee transactions will be confirmed. Even if that doesn't happen, the coins are not locked and can always be spent by using CPFP, or potentially have the fee bumped by using RBF if the transaction has been flagged as such.
Avery_39 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 02:39:02 PM

... The method shared above by Royse777 is an advanced method.
To make it easy for you and to avoid confuse check this guide as shown below. ... [see top of page]

I've just sent another very small sum following your guide. It went through without a hitch.
I also generated a new 'receive' address first.

Thank you so much BitMaxz!! .. and thanks to all who pitched in to help me on this thread  Smiley

.. it's a shame they only started me off with 8 merit points to give out
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: