Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:49:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Buy and Hold Really the Best Strategy in Crypto?  (Read 3404 times)
Salauddin1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 12:38:40 PM

It is the best strategy for newbies. But when you're in crypto sphere for some more time, you also can try trading. It's fun.

Best to trade but know about trade first newcomers are more vulnerable to trade therefore it is better for newcomers to make long-term investments as well as investing one can learn a lot about the market understand the strategies easily so that there is no risk in later trading. The risk of losing is higher when trading in the beginning.
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2020, 01:04:22 PM

Buy and hold is the strategy that wont make you stress. I mean one time buy at the deepest price then holding it for long term. But make sure you choose the legit one and not the fake project. Day trading is the most stressful job and it will badly affect your health if not manage properly so i think buy and hold is better compared to day trading but please choose the best and legit project to worth the wait.
Most of all, the nerves are spoiled not only by trade, but also by investments in little-known projects, the prospects of which are in doubt. It seems to me that there will be no reason for concern if we take the top-rated cryptocurrencies for long-term investments. Most of all, the nerves are spoiled not only by trade, but also by investments in little-known projects, the prospects of which are in doubt. It seems to me that there will be no reason for concern if we take the top-rated cryptocurrencies for long-term investments.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 06:42:07 PM

~snip
Not the best but definitely the right choice if you're starting trading and still have no knowledge in technical and fundamental analysis. The 95 % of traders who lose money buy holding too much definitely does not keep track the coin they are holding. When you hold you should follow the social medias and TG group of the coin you are holding so you are always updated.
One of the ironies of holding is that it is the prefereed method of generating profits for newbies and experts alike, after all for newbies starting in this market it is a mistake to become traders right away as most likely they do not have the knowledge to do so, but once you become an expert in this market then most likely you will prefer a method that generates profits without having to do too  much, so even if you recognize in trading a superior way to make money you will still choose the passive way of turning a profit.

But for those that are not newbies or experts on the topic trading is the best choice as at that time you will probably have enough knowledge about how the market works and the time to check the markets constantly and the will to keep up this for years and maximize your profits that way.
thecryptogandalf

Activity: 147
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 10:24:48 PM

If you’re confident that the cryptocurrency you chose to invest in are long-term winners and just want to invest, HODL could be a good option. The thing is, when go for long term investment you have to go big also, to get reasonable profit and that increases your risk at the same time. You can wait as long as you want to but risk still  will be there existing.

If you have enough spare time to invest, gain sizable returns in a short period of time, and confidence in your ability to analyze, then trading in short term better choice. You can day trade in small amounts gain experience and knowledge with little risk. Only thing  you need is time actually, but you can minimize this disadvantage in a great way with automated trading.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 10:55:56 PM

It is the best strategy for newbies. But when you're in crypto sphere for some more time, you also can try trading. It's fun.
Depend, it will be fun if you know the every basic thing how to trade well. You will get money per day depend on your capital and yeah I feel it is something who are idolized by many people, you don't need to work and just focus on your trading system and build it to gain more profit.

But, don't try it when you don't know anything to trade. It will make you stress and loss all your fund. More than that there is future market who will make you have a bunch of capital but you spend a little money. The risk that will be face is really high, you could loss money in several minutes, so be careful with that. I agree that newbie is good if they hold the asset rather they try to trade it.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 12:39:53 AM

Best also for not newbie anymore. It's working perfectly for me.

I have the tolerance to see the value go down and happily would wait to see the value as I hold go up. May not work for others but it is as it is and I really like holding.

And I think it's one of the best as long it works for me.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 02:39:24 AM

I have the tolerance to see the value go down and happily would wait to see the value as I hold go up. May not work for others but it is as it is and I really like holding.

I agree with you, that holding is not only the best strategy for newbies. But for all those who have patience.
Because the key to the success of holding is patiently waiting until the sell target is reached, if we can't be patient,
don't use holding coins strategy. Because I'm one of those people who can't be patient, so holding coins didn't work for me.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 08:27:51 AM

I agree with you, that holding is not only the best strategy for newbies. But for all those who have patience.
Because the key to the success of holding is patiently waiting until the sell target is reached, if we can't be patient,
don't use holding coins strategy. Because I'm one of those people who can't be patient, so holding coins didn't work for me.
It's the opposite on me.

Daily trading is good but I don't think that I'm born for that so I choose to remain a holder. So you are now a daily trader and it works perfectly for you?

What coins you trade?

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
BTCappu

Activity: 516
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 06:22:00 PM

Buy and hold is the strategy that wont make you stress. I mean one time buy at the deepest price then holding it for long term. But make sure you choose the legit one and not the fake project. Day trading is the most stressful job and it will badly affect your health if not manage properly so i think buy and hold is better compared to day trading but please choose the best and legit project to worth the wait.
Completely agreed because day trading seems simple from outside but once you start doing it with real money you will be snatching your hairs daily because the movement from coins is so un-predictable and a coin you believe will increase might become dust by the night.

I actually think buying and holding is great but only for the big coins like BTC, ETH and maybe tron now a days as I really like the development they are doing behind the scenes. There are various DeFi coins as well which are worth investing but then again you might not want to invest in those because they usually have a short life-span and having the knowledge when to sell is very important so yeah holding is good but have the courage and faith to sell at the right time.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
3meek

Activity: 2436
Merit: 682

God, save BTC!

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 10:34:38 AM

You should understand that if you bought at a high price, such as bitcoin in early 2018, it is not the best strategy!
And if you bought in March-April, then of course it will be good as an investment!
And no need to be greedy and wait for super profits! Wink
pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 03:22:18 PM

It's indeed fun and very exciting to be a trader in crypto because the profits are big but the losses are too although the frequent market change can be funny but for people who trade high amounts actually feel stressed when the market is going bearish because they are loosing real value in real time and can do nothing but hold on and hope the bad time will pass. I recall the incident where in March a friend of mine held as much as he could but at around 5k value he actually sold his coins and I cannot blame him because anyone would be sweating and tempted to cash when the market falls by 50% value and more aided by the pandemic it seemed like the end of bitcoins by many experts.

Holding requires a skill that is called "patience" and buy only that amount of assets which you can afford to loose, lie they say in gambling holds true for trading/investing too at times.
genievic23

Activity: 417
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2020, 03:32:56 PM

Some people say that Buy and Hold is the best strategy and can't be beaten. They hear phrases like “95% of traders lose money” and automatically assume that all trading is bad and markets can not be outperformed.

In my Medium post, I’m going to show you, that holding might not be the best option if you put in a little bit of work. To do that, I compare Buy and Hold returns for 25 coins with several basic trend-following strategies in different time periods (over 3.5 years of data and then a little extra).

READ THE POST HERE!

The source code of strategies and raw test results (CSV) is pushed to my Github.

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

some are really earning big for holding coins since 2015, some long term investors too just don't care if it goes up or down, they will hold it for a year or more, because they have the patience to wait

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
bitzizzix

Activity: 2422
Merit: 448

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 06:47:05 PM

The most important thing is that you buy it when the bitcoin price is low and make the purchase gradually while watching the bitcoin move and hold it for as long as you like.
but in my opinion, making long-term investments without a time limit is a good choice for bitcoin and to avoid worrying when things go down and it's just a matter of waiting for bitcoin prices to rise according to the price and profit you want even if you have to wait a long time.
and patience plays an important role when you are waiting for the highest price and the belief that bitcoin will always make a good profit.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
FAST DEPOSITS
AND WITHDRAWALS
WHEEL OF
FORTUNE
[WELCOME OFFER
     200% + 50FS
]▄███████████████████████▄

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
CODE200

Activity: 1484
Merit: 323

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 09:12:41 PM

The buy and hold strategy is the most common strategy being used by everyone most specially for the starters for its basic concept to buy when the dip comes and hold for a while and wait for the profitable turning point when the pump comes along. There are lots of strategies on trading in the crypto market and buy and hold is just one of them which why I could say that it is not literally be the best strategy for I think there is no definite or standardized strategy to be claimed as the best. We all do have our strategies which is dependent on the approach that the trader wanted to exert on his trades so basically there is no best strategy suitable for everyone, maybe for an individual it could be possible based on his point of view or perception.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 07:11:32 PM

If you’re confident that the cryptocurrency you chose to invest in are long-term winners and just want to invest, HODL could be a good option. The thing is, when go for long term investment you have to go big also, to get reasonable profit and that increases your risk at the same time. You can wait as long as you want to but risk still  will be there existing.

If you have enough spare time to invest, gain sizable returns in a short period of time, and confidence in your ability to analyze, then trading in short term better choice. You can day trade in small amounts gain experience and knowledge with little risk. Only thing  you need is time actually, but you can minimize this disadvantage in a great way with automated trading.
This is why if you choose to go with the strategy of holding your coins you make sure that you pick a good coin, and in this market it is clear which is the best coin we can pick and that is bitcoin, there are other coins that are good but that have nowhere the long term potential of bitcoin.

Which is why when I see a newbie claiming that he is holding his coins for the long term but he decided to pick an altcoin no one has ever heard I try to open their eyes to the point holding only works if the coin you selected has a high chance of surviving for many years which as we know this is not the case for the majority of the altcoins in the market.
Quidat

Activity: 2618
Merit: 540

casinosblockchain.io

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 07:56:20 PM

This is why if you choose to go with the strategy of holding your coins you make sure that you pick a good coin, and in this market it is clear which is the best coin we can pick and that is bitcoin, there are other coins that are good but that have nowhere the long term potential of bitcoin.

Which is why when I see a newbie claiming that he is holding his coins for the long term but he decided to pick an altcoin no one has ever heard I try to open their eyes to the point holding only works if the coin you selected has a high chance of surviving for many years which as we know this is not the case for the majority of the altcoins in the market.
Its a gamble when someone do chose some alts to be hold in future years to come and as said, not all would really have the capability to rise up its price in the future because it will all vary with the demand and support of from the community.Buy and Hold might be just too basic to be heard of but it doesn't mean that this will be good for all coins for you to apply on.I do only consider Bitcoin and ETH and some top alts which are really worth to hold on and the rest is just really not included into my consideration, maybe there are some coins which I do saw underrated at the moment but it is
really indeed a gamble if you do make out such decisions.Also, holding for too long isn't really my forte yet im not really that patient enough to wait up for long to see some profits after that.
Its better to have some active trading instead.

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 09:21:51 PM

That is what a trader usually do or the holder of course if you think that your coin you purchase is a potential coin you do not need to trade it to other coin because you gonna do is hold it for now depende what coin is best to keep because the real profit is if the coin you have is potential. We have different startegy we use in trading so depends what is gonna fit to you there is no wokrs for others but good in you .
imran101
Copper Member

Activity: 550
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 10:12:53 PM

If you are thinking of long term investment, if you have that amount of patience, then this method is better than this one. Following this method will reduce your risk of losing money. You invest in a good company and after a certain period of time you sell it and earn some good money. It's a long time coming. When you arrive at the right time, you can sell it and make some good profit.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2828
Merit: 344

win lambo...

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 10:54:42 PM

If you are thinking of long term investment, if you have that amount of patience, then this method is better than this one. Following this method will reduce your risk of losing money. You invest in a good company and after a certain period of time you sell it and earn some good money. It's a long time coming. When you arrive at the right time, you can sell it and make some good profit.
I have to find risk in a long-term investment but if we have just wanted to save and invest only, I have to agree with you by then. But of course, we need to check also and track it from time to time in order to be aware of what is happening.
Just like buying Bitcoin today and hold for about 2 years or more, this will not guarantee that makes us profitable unless if you are buying bitcoin when the market is in the dip.
malikg18

Activity: 1141
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 11:34:07 PM

Buy and Hold strategy is suitable only when we buy crypto on cheep price, If we buy at high and price dumps and we wait for our buying price,I think it is not good strategy. Holding is for those peoples who have large amount of investments, Small traders like us have to look kitchen budget and want monthly earning.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: