Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:26:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Buy and Hold Really the Best Strategy in Crypto?  (Read 3404 times)
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 08:28:17 PM

Buy and hold probably not the best strategy in trading, but consider it the safest way compared to scalping which may bring more profits by the end of the day.
However, most people don't know how to do scalping, to buy and sell at the right time not the other way around, in a volatile market and many predictions to confuse you, especially at the current market condition that provides very few pullbacks to give any occasion to make a profit for day traders.
risatrakib

Activity: 823
Merit: 500

SquidCoin.cash

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2020, 09:20:45 PM

If you are risk-averse and your primary concern is capital preservation and long-term profits then Buy and hold is the best strategy .Because it offers the greatest probability of success.

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 09:41:00 PM

Both are best for everyone, especially those beginners.  Just imagine if you bought Bitcoin in early March and then hold on until now then you've got a profit of 500%+ of your investment amount.  only one worst strategy bruhhh is that "you sell your tokens far below the price you bought it"..

lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 11:57:05 PM

not all of these strategies work well in cryptocurrencies, especially in altcoins,
a lot of altcoins also become trash, if you just buy without thinking about the fundamentals of the altcoin project, then you will regret it,
analysis is also very important to minimize risk, don't let you forget it.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Indriahimovie

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 04:06:02 AM

The buy and hold strategy is that it may be a good choice strategy for a long term investment or it could be a bad strategy, bad results may occur in the future. We must always monitor the development of our valued assets, we must make the right decisions when we are going to sell our assets.
angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 03:39:48 PM

In my opinion  purchase and hold procedure will as it were apply to a few token, Not everybody can get the way of buying and holding like not each token is appropriate for that kind of procedure and fair holding it implies that you just are giving your believe to that certain token. My always favorite Bitcoin and Ethereum since life span astute I accept that I can benefit on both of them. Being professional, I like exchanging enormous coins but I ain't holding it for as well long since I know I can make superior benefits in exchanging them.

Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 05:28:00 PM

I do not think that buy and hold is the best strategy in cryptocurrency. This only applies to those who have money but no experience or idea about the cryptocurrency market. If you have experience in cryptocurrency and have good skills in market analysis, you can gain even more. Market analysis is the process of buying from the potential stages and analyzing the process of market growth for a certain period of time. However, in this case, without proper analysis, it may not be possible to achieve maximum profit but to make more profit in a short period of time and take advantage of the opportunities created by market fluctuations.

globalpain

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 12:49:27 PM

buying crypto currency at low prices and trying to hold long term is indeed very good, because it is very efficient and precise, yes it is like an investment only we have to pay attention to market conditions in real time, for me that's a good strategy, so do it before everyone goes to moon

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Issa56

Activity: 1414
Merit: 913

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 09:53:19 PM

From the little experience am having I think everybody is having different strategy that work for them just do your research and do what pays you must, as for me I really believe buying and holding is the best strategy for and that's what have been using and is really working for me!!!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mkmanik

Activity: 986
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 05:20:59 PM

There is no doubt that buy and hold is one of the good strategies in crypto. But for this, you need to do research about the project where you want to put your money. Without the proper knowledge, it's not safe to make an investment. We all know that investments in crypto are very risky and we may be lost all of our capital here.

buy bitcoin as much as you can, it's safest to invest for the long term surely. also buy ethereum, it's the queen of altcoins. bitcoin already pumps a lot and I believe now ethereum will pump hard. if you want to buy and hold try to do an investment in some legit coin. good luck
Bitcoin577

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 07:29:46 AM

If you choose a good currency coin and there are great chance of project growing in future than we can say that buying this coin and holding is best strategy. Its totally depend on a coin which you choose for a buying.
I always choose top 100 currencies for holding because there are very low chance of loose if price goes down in market , recovered in very short time. And good point of view is that these coins have some great ideas for their coin price pumping.
Bitcoin price gowing up at very high rate, similarly Eth goes 750$+ and hope will touch 800$ soon. Other top coins are also made their way . cryptocurrency is the name of holding. Withoult holding we cannot achieve a great benefit. But suitable time,experience and tradung rule are important
fauzan123

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:58:26 AM

Buy and hold is another way to make a profit in the crypto market. However, there is also a lot of risk to your fund loss, because like day trading, you have to buy at the right time using your crypto knowledge. If you can't buy at the right time to make a long hold, it will be impossible to make a profit from that coin. It would be risky to buy a coin's ath without using your crypto knowledge properly.

Something that is said to be a loss will always exist in a business, of course this is also included in crypto itself, therefore there is a lot of discussion about how best to get maximum results with trading and HODL.

Of course, it must also be based on the right references, so that when we really want to invest a certain amount of funds for HODL in crypto, we already understand how the potential of crypto is so that the income that can be achieved will also be maximized.
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 03:39:10 PM

According to my observation here in cryptocurrency, there are different kinds of investors here in this industry.
There are some investors who will buy coin only because they had been hyped by someone and became greedy to earn big
even without any idea He/She entering at, then other investors are long term holders, day traders, Swing traders and more.
In short, in crypto trading Hold is not all the time to do it. This is only include for the real potentials coin in the market.

create_crypto

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 03:56:10 PM

Some people say that Buy and Hold is the best strategy and can't be beaten. They hear phrases like “95% of traders lose money” and automatically assume that all trading is bad and markets can not be outperformed.

In my Medium post, I’m going to show you, that holding might not be the best option if you put in a little bit of work. To do that, I compare Buy and Hold returns for 25 coins with several basic trend-following strategies in different time periods (over 3.5 years of data and then a little extra).

READ THE POST HERE!

The source code of strategies and raw test results (CSV) is pushed to my Github.

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

https://i.postimg.cc/wxkFKGvQ/1-med10-profit-Jan2019-Jul2020-2020-08-24-13-24.png

Yes, most of time "buy and hold", is a strategy, that came for whose who bought and price later getting upset.
If some coin will rise 3-10x times, you sell it and happy.

But if coin fall in 3-10x times for a lot of people that just mean that they now must hold intill price will return.

That`s why this meme massivly become on crypto scene, after highs of December 2017 - January 2018.
Imran232

Activity: 700
Merit: 182

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 04:12:31 PM

This strategy is for that type of crypto users who dose not know about trading, who can not trade or who dose not know how you can increase your profit soo far. You know what crypto is a open source way to generate profit. Here has lots of way like trading, staking, farming, mining. And the most popular thing and the fastest profit generating way is trading. Though it is also the most toughest for beginner. It is not suitable for beginners. Only expert people who has known about trading how to trade? How it works, how to analys technical thing in crypto? It is also most riskiest part in crypto that is why it is fastest profitable thing. Though at the beginning of your journey no one suggest you to risk about your money that is why expert suggest begineers to buy and hold crypto. In this time you just learn everything and every part of crypto. Thats it.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:28:41 PM

It depends on how strong is your belief towards Bitcoin or a certain altcoin. Like me of course, I am not a day trader but I rather buy and #HODL some cryptocurrencies. I am not saying it's the best strategy though, because no strategy is perfect as it always depends on market manipulation where buyers and sellers are playing the game. We are just lucky to buy some while it's cheap and hold it for a long time, like what is happening to Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies these days (not a Ripple fan here). Risk management in both time and money is the real game here.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
ARNishad_45

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

Community Manager

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 03:07:26 AM

Basically it depends on the potential of the coins which you have in your portfolio, every trader has different targets strategies to achieve his targets, so you should try to trade in your style.

If your porfolio has shitcoins & you are expecting to get 2x , 3x or upto 10x or more, this could happen but not all the times. It is better to buy some great potential coins(whose team is working very well) then this strategy can give you a good profit......
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 03:58:02 AM

Basically it depends on the potential of the coins which you have in your portfolio, every trader has different targets strategies to achieve his targets, so you should try to trade in your style.

If your porfolio has shitcoins & you are expecting to get 2x , 3x or upto 10x or more, this could happen but not all the times. It is better to buy some great potential coins(whose team is working very well) then this strategy can give you a good profit......

I have confidence on alts with actual use case rather than coins that are merely existing because of price manipulation. And we know that a lot of alts are just for short gains. The buy and hold will only be true for me when it comes to btc and eth. But with the other alts, you need to be very cautious in holding them for long-term.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 06:35:41 AM

It depends on how strong is your belief towards Bitcoin or a certain altcoin. Like me of course, I am not a day trader but I rather buy and #HODL some cryptocurrencies. I am not saying it's the best strategy though, because no strategy is perfect as it always depends on market manipulation where buyers and sellers are playing the game. We are just lucky to buy some while it's cheap and hold it for a long time, like what is happening to Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies these days (not a Ripple fan here). Risk management in both time and money is the real game here.
There is more to buy and hold than having faith in the coin that you are holding, it actually helps you get a golden goose that you can get your gold anytime you want. Holding also helps you decrease your risk of losing your profit (for bitcoin in my opinion), especially if you are new to trading and you do not have a mentor or you are just naïve about trading. It also does not take much of your time as you are not busy watching the market every minute, you can do other things that will stream more cash flow.

jasonjm

Activity: 1288
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2021, 07:59:00 AM

Buy and Hold is the best strategy in the crypto market, buy low, and sell high. But for this altcoin in which you are investing must have potential. This strategy works best for BTC, ETH, and few other coins. The majority of the time it is batter to invest in a coin when it is listed on the exchange and sell it at the first pump.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████