Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Liberation - Destroy Facist Operation Shitcoin Cleanout  (Read 3337 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:05:51 AM

Recently some fascists on the forums have started a movement to basically try and centralize crypto currency, some of them even suggested forming a body to decide which alt coins would be allowed and how they should be handled (central bank anyone?) this is obviously against the principal of crypto currency. Operation "Shitcoin Cleanout" as their calling it was started by user muddafudda and suprisingly has support by some prominent members in the community but I'm sure theirs many members against this fascist movement.

These people obviously want to destroy the free market that is crypto currency by harassing developers and ordinary people by very questionable means. They plan to go arround forking and hacking coins that they disagree with and to damage other coins all the while conveniently increasing the holdings of their own coins, so these sneaky fascists have financial incentive to carry out these tasks.

If you want to keep Crypto Currency deregulated and let the free market decide which cryptos should prosper join Operation Liberation.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 05:38:41 AM

We dont need this actually, do you believe those bitcoin bagholders will be able to pull it up? NAAAAA
Infectiphibian

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:47:45 AM

Just to give you some feed back, a pool is being built at this time that will allow miners to join the "Kill Pool" anonymously and it warms my heart for people like you to call me Facist LOL...

Not only will we fork coins but will also attack services that support them.

Operation Shitcoin Cleanup underway.

~BCX~

Sounds like a pool that I might point a rig or two at. Espessially if it hits this new shitcoin called IndependenceCoin.
Crypt Keeper

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:51:16 AM

Just out of curiosity, which coins are you defending? I created the whitelist to defend coins that have valid justifications.
Foex

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

Bitrated user: Foex.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 06:37:02 AM

U want to defend coins that are shits. Angry Besides ppl r losing money on this shit coins.

Time has come to regulate it since most coins are copycat clones////

0xdB9A9D39B17F1223BF590a3F9D1FC7f2058eB111
jayman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:40:17 AM

i have a feeling alot of people justify what they call shit coins are infact bag holding, mining or premoting another alt shit coin under different aliases for their own financial gain.

wbaw

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 06:44:25 AM

If they're not shitcoins then they wont be harmed by any attempted attacks, so where's the problem?

jayman

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 07:29:28 AM by jayman

If they're not shitcoins then they wont be harmed by any attempted attacks, so where's the problem?

Problem is everyone has a their own definition of what you call a 'shit' coin and doing any form of illegal activity because you disagree with something is just plain wrong.
Advocating control of the crypto market is going against the reasons crypto coins were introduced to begin with, let the people decide not a handful of so so mobsters.

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:28:13 AM

if she floats, she's a witch.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
jayman

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:33:11 AM

Problem is everyone has a their own definition of what you call a 'shit' coin and doing any form of illegal activity because you disagree with something is just plain wrong.
Advocating control of the crypto market is going against the reasons crypto coins were introduced to begin with, let the people decide not a handful of so so mobsters.

Aww people that actually believe that the few powerful don't rule the weak masses are just so adorable.....

~BCX~

I didn't say that's what i take as my personal believes just the reasoning behind crypto Wink

wbaw

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 09:33:37 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 09:48:20 AM by wbaw

if she floats, she's a witch.

They'll all get attacked sooner or later. If they're going to fold up & die to some simple attack then it's better that it happens before anybody gets tricked into putting any money in. It's just testing their security. If they sink they're a witch, so it's fair, you see? You wouldn't want to put your money in a currency that's so vulnrable to attack that just a few people can take it down with little effort, would you?

If it's not a shitcoin, then it's just a little harmless stress testing on the network to allow the developers to see if their defences are adequate or if they could be improved.

Before I start my shitcoin I'm going to invite people to attack it. Come on you fascists if you think you're hard enough attitude.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:55:20 PM

Just to give you some feed back, a pool is being built at this time that will allow miners to join the "Kill Pool" anonymously...

Not only will we fork coins but will also attack services that support them....

Well, that would certainly make a fellow feel powerful. Please, feel free to brag about your "Kill Pool"'s triumphs.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Spiffy_1

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:01:41 PM

Long as its anonymous ill gladly throw my rigscat this

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 01:04:25 PM

They'll all get attacked sooner or later. If they're going to fold up & die to some simple attack then it's better that it happens before anybody gets tricked into putting any money in. It's just testing their security. If they sink they're a witch, so it's fair, you see? You wouldn't want to put your money in a currency that's so vulnrable to attack that just a few people can take it down with little effort, would you?

If it's not a shitcoin, then it's just a little harmless stress testing on the network to allow the developers to see if their defences are adequate or if they could be improved.

Could I beg a favour of you? I'm not technical, so I'm not quite clear as to what's going on technically. It's the price I've paid for a peripatetic life: I read too much  Smiley

Could you explain what the technical nuts-and-bolts are behind this "testing their security" as if I were a complete noob? Since this particular "harmless stress testing" is on its way to the implementation stage, I might as well scrounge for a lesson on how it's going to be implemented.

Thanks in advance.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:13:19 PM

some of them like to go around and put false tag scam, mod should do something about these idiots

here one of them

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=68036

claim that i pump every altcoin out there lol, what a scumbag retard also false statment like "risked 10 btc"

he do this with plenty of member
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:17:27 PM

What you don't get that Shitcoins are destroying the Crypto Movement because all these scammers only think of how to make quick Bitcoins and nothing else.

Just a quick question: when - exactly - did the 'Crypto Movement' get destroyed?

Altcoins are a vital, thriving market. The introduction of a lot of crap is a natural by-product of increased interest. The reality is, many crap coins that launched this week died quick deaths. The market is gaining efficiency. Cheer up already  Grin

alexwbc

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:34:36 PM

The only way to deal with troll, is to ignore them. If there are legitimate or scammer altcoins it's all about people brain to deal with.
So long it's opensource and rules are clear, we do not need "genius of justice" of those in the "shitcoin warriors " or those "against shitcoin warriors ".

If someone want to invest in cryptocoin has to keep in mind her/his main tool of trade: own brain.

scammers aren't just in the "freshes" altcoins... saying something like

- we get down the ...unserious ...altcoin market and the problem will be solved (who say "no" is a scanner as well).

it's just a dangerous placebo: there are no miracle... neither bitcoin itself it's a miracle. there are people who constantly work to keep bitcoin safe: that's not because bitcoin is unsafe... but because lacks of reach in safety it's the main danger.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:06:55 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 06:20:29 PM by poornamelessme

There is no real way to destroy such a movement, although people can certainly speak out against it. If they go as far as extortion, as had been mentioned in the shitcoin thread, then authorities/police could get involved, however.

What I don't quite get is one simple thing ... why do they think that killing a handful of shitcoins will all of a sudden increase the value of bitcoin? Or established alts that I expect many in that thread happen to own?

Bitcoin value has gone down to shady exchanges (Gox) and trust issues. Activities like they suggest won't necessarily correlate to bitcoin or any alts going up in value. In fact, it very well could decrease the money going into cryptos in general, as new people here probably wouldn't feel so keen on investing in anything if they think a bunch of vigilante hackers can all of a sudden destroy their coin.

And what do they plan to do, fork every single new coin that comes out, forever? And then fork every single shitcoin alt already in existence? They are going to waste their pool on that? I don't see how it really benefits anyone in the longterm. The people who started that thread make shitcoins or are scammers themselves. Then we get those who join in, probably because their portfolio has decreased in value, thinking if they lash out at someone... something... they can do something. But it very well may have the opposite effect than they planned.

I also find it bizarre how people misuse the word scam here. Scam implies the dev is somehow deceiving people. They start an IPO and then vanish with the funds. They have a giant premine meant for promotion and instead cash it out themselves. Those could be thought of as scams, but there is no way to know if it's a scam until after... well, the scam is perpetrated. People don't use the word scam to describe just that here though ... a coin that is a copycat with a new meme ... small premine... scamcoin. A coin that looks like it may eventually be a scam (IPO, Airdrop, whatever), is automatically a scamcoin even before any scam is committed.

The biggest problem with cryptos aren't such perceived scamcoins. It's shady exchanges. Gox, Coinex, etc ... a couple more go down, and people will simply not invest in cryptos anymore, or get involved to begin with.
woetohice

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:14:26 PM

Aww people that actually believe that the few powerful don't rule the weak masses are just so adorable.....

~BCX~

These folks are obviously just a bunch of thugs looking to make a buck.

To be fair, we could probably have this committee determine how much payment each altcoin must make to the Operation funds.

If a coin seems to have some legitimate innovation, which we decided is good for the crypto community, perhaps we waive the fee.

If a coin is borderline, we charge some fee like 10 BTC.  

If the coin seems like a scam, then we charge double, like 20 BTC.

If any coin does not comply with the application/audit and payment process, they are instantly targeted and destroyed via BCX's methods.  

We would need to put together a team of DDOS, multi pool operators, and volunteer hackers to enforce the mandate.

It'll be no small feat, and will require some organization, obviously.

This has nothing to do with cleaning up anything.  It's about extorting money and attacking competitors.
woetohice

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:17:53 PM

I don't see how it really benefits anyone in the longterm.

The guy who started the "movement" is a shitcoin creator himself.  Wipe out the competition and your coins are worth more.

Other members are pool operators.  That's where the DDOS attacks on pools come in.  Again, eliminating competition.

And that's not to mention the money they will make with the extortion scheme.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: