Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:44:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Liberation - Destroy Facist Operation Shitcoin Cleanout  (Read 3345 times)
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:38:21 PM

Look, both threads can be full of shit depending on what posts you pay attention to.

If you are concerned about that "shitcoin cleanout", I suggest you go to [ANN] sub-forum and educate people on how large premines and IPOs are most likely scams. At least spread the message that escrow is required.  I don't suggest any other, but there are a few more ways to improve the situation without destroying coins and holdings of people that already bought into them.

Perhaps you are also concerned with the disadvantages of pulling hundreds of coins out of thin air, perhaps you aren't, "free market" and all that ideological crap... But at least the outright scams must be called upon.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:39:44 PM

I don't see how it really benefits anyone in the longterm.

The guy who started the "movement" is a shitcoin creator himself.  Wipe out the competition and your coins are worth more.

Other members are pool operators.  That's where the DDOS attacks on pools come in.  Again, eliminating competition.

And that's not to mention the money they will make with the extortion scheme.

Well, I should have phrased it as -- I don't see how it benefits those who think it will increase their existing portfolio, and aren't already a scammer themselves. I know the OP of that thread made shitcoins, but really I don't see how they will increase in value much at this point. Unless he plans to come out with his own version of nation coins and is annoyed someone else beat him to the idea.

I didn't consider the pool operator angle. That does make sense.

And the extortion scheme... not sure if they were serious or not. It'd be insanely stupid to post criminal intent on a public board before committing such a crime.
woetohice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:49:26 PM

And the extortion scheme... not sure if they were serious or not. It'd be insanely stupid to post criminal intent on a public board before committing such a crime.

BitcoinExpress has stated right in this thread that he plans to orchestrate DOS attacks.  This itself is illegal, at least in the U.S.  http://www.technicallylegal.org/the-legality-of-denial-of-service-attacks/

The other posted stated that BCX was involved in the extortion, and he has not denied it or denounced that plan as far as I can see.

So it looks to me like the extortion angle is real.

These people have already made it clear that they believe they are above the law.
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:56:53 PM

If any coin dev is extorted, I'd think they'd logically contact the authorities and point them to that thread. No idea if the people who posted there can be tracked down, but at least it's a start.

I did also find it bizarre how freely BitcoinExpress admits to orchestrating DOS attacks.

Infectiphibian

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:17:51 PM

If any coin dev is extorted, I'd think they'd logically contact the authorities and point them to that thread. No idea if the people who posted there can be tracked down, but at least it's a start.

I did also find it bizarre how freely BitcoinExpress admits to orchestrating DOS attacks.

The authorities are not going to waste their time investigating a bunch of anonymous users. That takes expensive investigative work. I have people all the time telling me they are going to id me by my IP address. See the sponsor at the bottom of the page? That is my IP. Feel free to start doxxing.
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:20:17 PM

The authorities are not going to waste their time investigating a bunch of anonymous users. That takes expensive investigative work. I have people all the time telling me they are going to id me by my IP address. See the sponsor at the bottom of the page? That is my IP. Feel free to start doxxing.

Very possibly true. But I'm not aware of what the laws are in various countries. Perhaps some may pursue it more than others. And that group seemingly wants to do more than just DOS attacks. If they go as far as extortion, legal authorities may get a bit more involved.
Infectiphibian

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:23:23 PM

Very possibly true. But I'm not aware of what the laws are in various countries. Perhaps some may pursue it more than others. And that group seemingly wants to do more than just DOS attacks. If they go as far as extortion, legal authorities may get a bit more involved.
If a monetary value can be placed on the damage, I can see legal action. Most alt-coins are valued in BTC, which makes things more confusing.
zeroc00l

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:00:50 PM

Aww people that actually believe that the few powerful don't rule the weak masses are just so adorable.....

~BCX~

Exactly, what we're reallying trying to do is have the few powerful folks help the rest of the weak masses by stepping up to define regulation, and create processes to protect them. 
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:03:51 PM

Aww people that actually believe that the few powerful don't rule the weak masses are just so adorable.....

~BCX~

Exactly, what we're reallying trying to do is have the few powerful folks help the rest of the weak masses by stepping up to define regulation, and create processes to protect them. 

And illegally extort money from devs in the process...
zeroc00l

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:07:11 PM

It's not extortion.

At least I'm advocating for an application process with a fee.

No different than what state governments do today for registering a real company.

The funds collected through fees are used to enforce the process.

It works through government today for real businesses, there's no reason why it wouldn't work here.

Yes a certainy amount of responsibility must be taken by the body conducting this process.  So that they don't embezzel funds.   But I'm sure we can make that work.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:08:11 PM

Muddafudda owns Memecoin.

If he destroyed the competition, Memecoin could raise a bit higher.

I love how some fools don't realize that some of those people in that operation our coin owners. They simply just think the section is junked, and support every 'effort' to clean it. Jeez. Do your research people.
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:10:44 PM

It's not extortion.

No different than what state governments do today for registering a real company.

It works through government today for real businesses, there's no reason why it wouldn't work here.

Yes a certainy amount of responsibility must be taken by the body conducting this process.  So that they don't embezzel funds.   But I'm sure we can make that work.
and from the other thread:
Soon we will be in a position to take applications and fees from coin developers who are legit and do not want to be attacked!

It's extortion. Perhaps you think if you lie enough, people believe the lie as truth. But that won't work here. You would be extorting devs to sign up, and if not, they would get attacked.

It's no different than what the mafia does.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:14:56 PM

I agree there's a lot of shitcoins out there, but using illegal tactics to get rid of them is not something I'll participate in. Someone else can do the dirty work if they want. It wouldn't surprise me though like others have said that this is all just a scam by a shitcoin creator themselves to eliminate the competition. People will say anything to make a buck which is why nobody should take anything at face value.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:15:25 PM

Long as its anonymous ill gladly throw my rigscat this
nothing on the internet is anonymous
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:17:37 PM

I love how some fools don't realize that some of those people in that operation our coin owners. They simply just think the section is junked, and support every 'effort' to clean it. Jeez. Do your research people.

I wonder how many people who support this shitcoin idea are actual, well, non-scammers. There are a ton of puppets on that thread. I just find it bizarre that Muddafudda thought it was a good idea that he start this 'revolution'.

He made a lot of shitcoins himself.

The owner of OpenEx supporting that thread is also bizarre, seeing as he 'lost' a lot of people's money on his exchange.

It's a revolution set up by thieves and conmen. So, again, I wonder if they are really fooling anyone, or if those they get aboard are simply other scammers and/or puppets.
Infectiphibian

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:42:12 PM

It's not extortion.

You should make a non-profit, called something like the Shitcoin Foundation. Then devs can get an endorsement for their application fee. It would be like having the ADA endorsement on a toothbrush box. You can also have ratings like dung, crap, and shit. Dung being the best and shit being the worst.
extortion

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:12:58 PM

I wonder how many people who support this shitcoin idea are actual, well, non-scammers. There are a ton of puppets on that thread. I just find it bizarre that Muddafudda thought it was a good idea that he start this 'revolution'.

The owner of OpenEx supporting that thread is also bizarre, seeing as he 'lost' a lot of people's money on his exchange.

It's a revolution set up by thieves and conmen. So, again, I wonder if they are really fooling anyone, or if those they get aboard are simply other scammers and/or puppets.

quoted for future purposes.

Extortion. We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We Do Not Forget. Expect Us.
h4xx0r

Activity: 154

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:28:16 PM

quoted for future purposes.

i'm gonna laugh when the idiot gets sued by r3wt for spreading blatant lies.

poornamelessme

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:38:27 PM

Feel free to educate me on where I am incorrect. On his own thread, r3wt admitted to a btc discrepancy, a loss of around 34 btc, if I remember correctly. If I repeat what r3wt himself says, where is the lie?
h4xx0r

Activity: 154

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:41:36 PM

Feel free to educate me on where I am incorrect. On his own thread, r3wt admitted to a btc discrepancy, a loss of around 34 btc, if I remember correctly. If I repeat what r3wt himself says, where is the lie?

can i have a link to the thread? i will read this for myself and be the judge. i've saw a lot of situations where a hack occurs, and the initial estimates are far worse than the actual amount missing. i'll be the judge.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: