Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winklevoss Case for $500K Bitcoin  (Read 215 times)
aesma

Activity: 2408
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 04:21:08 PM

This is a long term outlook, which is good. If that price happened too quickly, that would mean there is hyperinflation going on, and that's bad, for most people. Something bad for most people might lead to bad things, like wars.

It would probably be better for all of us if that 500K price came after at least 10 years of rise (not continuous rise, as that's unlikely, but with ups and downs).

As an aside, the article is signed by "Cameron + Tyler", not just Tyler.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 04:27:22 PM

Despite my love for crypto I still think reaching USD 500k is a pipe dream unless the USD gets heavily devaluated. However I felt similarly when the Winklevii predicted a USD 30k Bitcoin in 2013(ish) so maybe I'm just relatively bearish for a Bitcoiner.

Interesting read, overall. I also like that gold's proneness to counterfeit work is mentioned. It may not seem especially noteworthy, but with Bitcoin you can easily verify that what you receive is the real thing. With gold you have to highly trust your counterparty. And if it turns out that you've been duped, good luck proving that your counterparty was the one defrauding you.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 04:31:29 PM

Good to read and hope to reach that levels. For practicality we would be happy even if bitcoin reaches 50k by 2021-year end and slowly and stable just keep moving ahead and most important thing is that it should be accepted across the globe. Not like few countries keep banning it and some remains uncertain this restricts more users to the bitcoin community to expand.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2020, 04:38:32 PM

Thinks?

Nope, wishes.

What a shill

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
bonjouros

Activity: 307
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 04:48:51 PM

Predictions are not bad as long as they have basis to their claims while checking also the possibility. If they Tyler thinks that bitcoin can reach to 500K$ then I am not against to it as long as he will predict it to the right time like it will happen 10-20 years from now because if his prediction will be in less than 5 years then this prediction has a very low chances of getting right.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 05:00:28 PM

it is always hard to imagine price reaching 4000% higher than the current price. we had the same feeling a couple of years ago when price was around $500 and some people were predicting the 5 digits prices while could never believe it would enter a 4 digit price let alone reach $20k.
maybe we don't reach $500k but the next high price will definitely be higher than $100k.

There is a FOMO brewing...
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 05:27:28 PM

In my opinion Winklevoss is doing this absurd price forecast because they want people to buy a lot of bitcoin for the price to increase a lot, they went to talk about this forecast just now that the price was almost falling below $11000 and in my opinion this was not conscience

They've been consistently and quietly bullish all along. Nothing has changed. They wouldn't have bothered building Gemini if they didn't have a deep rooted belief in it and a desire to uplift it, they could've just sat back on their holdings.

Where we're at now is still comparative chump change. If and when it gets to six figures that's when the truly gargantuan pockets start to pay attention and they're the ones who move markets. So far it's been LARPing compared to that.

If someone's expectations can't wrap themselves around that scale then someone will be along shortly to buy it off them who does.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 08:35:33 PM

So far the idea that Bitcoin is a hedge against inflation is pure theory. There's no practical evidence for it. And Bitcoin has other factors that affect its price, the biggest being pure speculation, and this factor is so big that you can't strongly tie Bitcoin to any big events.

Here's the recent example.
The US announced that they will allow inflation to raise above the previous target, Bitcoin got a small bump, then lost it all minutes later.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 08:45:25 PM

It is possible to happen, but it will take a really long while before it comes to realization. Current peak of this term/cycle suggests that we might see $100k on most predictions, and that’s being too hard on the factors already. The thing is, in order for the gears to start and the momentum to build-up, the world has to take its part for this to happen. We’re not talking about mere billions here but rather trillions, and where would the money come? Even with a huge assist from fake volumes and other illegal trading practices, we would still need a lot of money to push higher. It’s possible, yes, but current economic situation tells us that this is not yet the time for another ATH.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: