Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:03:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful with scam copycats of YFI  (Read 698 times)
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 05:01:31 AM

Even my father will understand (if he looks at the charts) that YFI is a total bubble and just another DeFi-scam.
Is it not clear that it is just a bubble that will now roll down to zero/close and then what? Everyone will run and shout that it was a bubble and how did no one know?
Yes, everyone knew (and knows) only everyone wants to snatch their piece of this bubbly pie as usual.

Those people who love riding with the hypes, once they've suffer and become the victim they'll surely cry out.

There are people who still believing that there are instant way of earning money inside this sphere, you need to carefully analyze
each participation that you'll going to do it's your hard earned money so be very furious from each projects that you are eyeing with.

Watching from the side I think reasonable people will say that YFI is a bubble, only the ones who are paid to promote it are talking that it's great. I don't know where they find people to invest in this scam project, I hope nobody from here will touch it! It's not the only DeFi scam, in next period I feel like we will see a lot more DeFi scams, they just started operating, but soon that pyramids will start collapsing.

Exactly. The only "positive" meanings in such deceptions are
1) people who have lost money on projects  will be much more attentive to such a sharp increase in prices for unnamed projects
2) those who understand how it works will be able to earn before this bubble bursts
I do not see anything wrong with the fact that such projects exist as all this is a personal responsibility. Simply then these same people who drowned for defi-projects will whine everywhere that they were deceived.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dedewahyu

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 05:08:37 AM

now scammers take advantage of this FOMO moment to get big profits
this is indeed very risky to enter, we better be more careful and selective in following projects such as YFI

sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 05:19:16 AM

this is indeed very risky to enter, we better be more careful and selective in following projects such as YFI
People will always take advantage of this kind of opportunities whenever there is the slightest chance of success. It is not because the scammers are very clever it is because the investors are too greedy, they also know that the project is a high risk investment and is a copycat of the original YFI project and yet they go in, invest and when they have made a quick buck they sell the tokens and repeat the same with a new project, so somehow the investors are also as much responsible as the developers of these scam projects.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
atree

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 10:09:16 PM

Something been annoying me , ok lets say you wanted to scam , would you A build a great looking website slick design etc and also create a slick twitter page to go with it for information

or

B - design a rubbish looking page and a twitter full of not much

ok the answer should be A

now looking at YFIE they chose B which is why i am tending to think their either really bad scammers or they are legit

just some food for thought while looking at these yfi new stuff
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 08:26:46 AM

I have dipped my fingers into the yield farming scene recently, for the first and the last time, got burned hard by Kimchi, but I was kinda expecting it, so I put in only a small amount. I feel that the farming irrationality is subsiding tho, these new projects that are listing now tend to pump just once and then they die off, leaving a lot of broke folks in their wake.   
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 08:38:20 AM

Always and forever. T
his is the war over chances and most of us never lose their chances but to take the opportunity first. Greedy is what we play all the time and it is to admit that somewhat we have that too. This is the reason why we most suffered great losses because we are always tempted by this offering and we taught that it is legit, but sadly it's not. They are just milking NO-HOW individuals.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 08:45:56 AM

Just an advice from me to you, do not invest in new YFI copycats popping up on daily basis due to the huge success of YFI. We all saw the surge with YFI price currently above 22,000$ which surpasses BTC price right now. This is causing a lot of FOMO and scammers are taking advantage to launch their own scam coins (YFI copycats). Examples are YFIE, YFIS which launched even without website or team information, yet people still FOMO to buy. Be careful please, just a peaceful advise.

People who will invest in YFI at high rate will face huge losses in the upcoming days and will regret. A coin 3x higher rate than Bitcoin can't be real. It's hype and will blast soon. So it is wise to not invest in YFI hype project. Investors should be aware about DeFi before investment decision.
atree

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 07:31:19 PM

YFIE just launched there website , not sure what to make of it https://yfi-group.com/
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 07:49:19 PM

It is not peculiar to crypto industry alone, it is a common trait everywhere. Once there is a huge success with a project or a product, like the case of YFI, copycats will spring up with different twist and tweak to entice unbothered investors. Scammers are seen on every corner looking for victims. The crypto community should be careful of Y family. Not all are with good intentions.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
popeye95

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 09:19:21 PM

I have dipped my fingers into the yield farming scene recently, for the first and the last time, got burned hard by Kimchi, but I was kinda expecting it, so I put in only a small amount. I feel that the farming irrationality is subsiding tho, these new projects that are listing now tend to pump just once and then they die off, leaving a lot of broke folks in their wake.   
At least you come into sense and only invest a little in those copycats. They really understand the core of FOMO and take advantage of it by creating the hype with pump that put even a veteran in trade and invests become hard to resist it. After the Sushi and Kimchi and all the related, we need to understand that never become blindly and look at a coin only seeing its chart and pump.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 09:23:49 PM

This happens when investors blindly invest on a project without any proper research. When the owners themselves commit that the project is shit, investors should have taken immediate steps to save themselves from getting dumped. Investors investing their money on YFI even when YFI owners said that the token does not possess a market value and it cannot have any value, but investors pushed it high to over $35000, shows that greed can push any fake thing to skies.
FerdyBitcoin

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 10:35:08 PM

Thanks for sharing. As long as they are profitable, I DGAF if they have a web presence or not. I always make takeprofit my hobby. 😉
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 11:02:45 PM

Thanks for sharing. As long as they are profitable, I DGAF if they have a web presence or not. I always make takeprofit my hobby. 😉
Are you still in the profit position? if you are and then how luck you are while almost all of people have invested in the copy cats of YFI coins have been facing horrible lost caused by the mint function that has already made by the developers itself.

If you are early player and you will be in the profit position but what about the late players and they will be losing all of their money.

This is gambling to the ponzi scheme.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: