Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:53:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for blind people  (Read 1193 times)
nbusser

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 07:37:23 PM

I've been into Bitcoin for quite a few years, and I'm impressed to see how far it has reached in the mainstream world. It's the most widely-adopted cryptocurrency for decentralized payments worldwide without the need for a middleman. In its current state, Bitcoin works wonders for ordinary people like you and me. It's only a matter of putting the right BTC address and the number of coins to send to get started using the Bitcoin blockchain.

However, my concern is how blind people are able to get used to Bitcoin? To my knowledge, wallets (either with a GUI or CLI) don't have "text-to-speech" features to make blind people's lives easier. It'd be great if developers keep blind people in mind to help increase the adoption of the pioneer cryptocurrency in the mainstream world. The only thing I've found is an audiobook of the Bitcoin whitepaper which is a great solution to introduce blind people into the "mechanics" of Bitcoin.

Any thoughts? Huh
I think that bitcoin has not yet reached such popularity and mass use to think about blind people. Bitcoin has many other problems, it may not sound very good, but more important problems. But I am sure that in the future the developers will think about it for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2020, 04:10:51 PM

bitcoin for blind people may be a bit difficult to realize because in my opinion if using voice is likely to reduce the level of security
using a brailer is also not possible
I think bitcoin is not suitable for blind people at the moment, there are too many factors to consider when developing related to this

Darkelf11

Activity: 509
Merit: 43

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 11:51:38 AM

For now, bitcoin accessibility for visually impaired people is far more difficult than how normal people can access it but, as the technology continues to grow, it is now possible that some wallets or sites can have that speech-to-text feature. Developers can create a read out loud feature for the disabled people. There will always be a way to help our blind friends access bitcoin. I saw an app named "Be my eyes" that help these kind of people in their everyday life and I think it can also be used when accessing bitcoin though it requires a lot of trust.
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 02:13:04 PM

I think it be a decent thought for computerized wallets to make a sound for each consumption. Bitcoin has numerous different issues, it may not sound awesome, yet more significant issues. Yet, I am certain that later on the designers will consider it without a doubt. The gadget will be formed like a versatile, so a speaker, a little presentation, and a catch, if the catch is marginally bigger, it is smarter to press the visually impaired man's hand. I have clarified him with respect to bitcoin. He know there is a virtual coin which is called bitcoin. In any case, tragically he can't utilize it. I don't if there will be something new in not so distant future to utilize bitcoin for daze individuals. Like each monetary organization they may require first associate with outsider before the privately in later. It is significant the cash is accessible for everyone for utilize and exchange independent of their physical failures. There will consistently be an approach to enable our visually impaired companions to get to bitcoin. I saw an application named "Be my eyes" that help these sort of individuals in their regular day to day existence and I figure it can likewise be utilized while getting to bitcoin however it requires a great deal of trust.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 04:02:44 PM

I've been into Bitcoin for quite a few years, and I'm impressed to see how far it has reached in the mainstream world. It's the most widely-adopted cryptocurrency for decentralized payments worldwide without the need for a middleman. In its current state, Bitcoin works wonders for ordinary people like you and me. It's only a matter of putting the right BTC address and the number of coins to send to get started using the Bitcoin blockchain.

However, my concern is how blind people are able to get used to Bitcoin? To my knowledge, wallets (either with a GUI or CLI) don't have "text-to-speech" features to make blind people's lives easier. It'd be great if developers keep blind people in mind to help increase the adoption of the pioneer cryptocurrency in the mainstream world. The only thing I've found is an audiobook of the Bitcoin whitepaper which is a great solution to introduce blind people into the "mechanics" of Bitcoin.

Any thoughts? Huh

That's actually a great topic since it is known that more people are actually creating stuffs for Blind people to get a more user-friendly environment when using technology. Maybe some people can coordinate on how we can introduce cryptocurrency to people with disabilities and how it can help them? in some way. Its also cool to see people using that keyboard for blind people since some of them are really good at it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 12:07:04 AM

bitcoin for blind people may be a bit difficult to realize because in my opinion if using voice is likely to reduce the level of security
using a brailer is also not possible
I think bitcoin is not suitable for blind people at the moment, there are too many factors to consider when developing related to this

It'll be challenging (but not impossible) to make Bitcoin wallets accessible to blind people. The main issue would be preserving security when using text-to-speech features on the wallet. Imagine hackers being able to intercept the audio allowing them to obtain the private key or mnemonic/seed of a blind person's Bitcoin wallet. It'll greatly compromise the security of a person's funds. I think that developers will somehow find a way to mitigate this issue. As I've said before, everything will depend on demand more than anything else. If most Bitcoin users aren't blind, then there would be no reason for developers to integrate accessibility features on wallet software. So far, I haven't heard of a blind person that's interested in Bitcoin. If no one with disabilities is interested in Bitcoin, then everything will remain the same way as it is right now.

All in all, there's more to Bitcoin "than meets the eye". Developers would need to solve other issues first, before thinking of making Bitcoin accessible to all. Once privacy and scalability issues are solved, then we might be able to see wallets adopting accessibility features in the future. Until that happens, blind people will need to delegate someone to manage their Bitcoin in order to participate in the decentralized economy. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: