Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:40:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is defi reason for skyrocketing fees?  (Read 386 times)
landoffaucets

Activity: 1204
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 08:57:03 PM

Yes, you can check here what is the most used smart contract on Ethereum platform: https://etherscan.io/topstat#OverviewDay7. One of them is UniSwap and Tether, so yes, we can say that decentralized finances and tokens pegged to American dollars are responsible for the higher fees because they overwhelm the Ethereum network.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 08:58:02 PM

I was a bit worried from last few days regarding the high gas fees because I've to pay 10 to 15$ per transaction, that's a huge amount for me as fees, so I started my research regarding the gas fees, and found that defi is the only reason that makes the gas fees that high ,due to the huge trend of defi it makes the ethereum network so much busier that we've to pay more than usual for gas fees ,what you think about it ,help me understand current situation for being so high fees.

Your research pretty much sums up why the Ethereum network fees are so ridiculously high. The fact that you paid ~ $15 for your transaction isn't too bad.

I've even witnessed having to pay up to $80 - and that's painful.

So why are the rates so high, well is to do with the regular and crazy pumping of the DeFi based coins which clutters up the network so a lot more work needs to be done onto the blockchain to process your transaction.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 09:17:42 PM

DEFI is partly the reason for high fees on ETH transactions, especially from uniswap. Yesterday I tried swapping my ETH to a token CORN, the tx was so high almost 8$ for a small tranaction. I thought ETH fees dropped by 80% as news had it, what happened after? I believe and hope ETH 2.0 final launch curbs this fee issues, it's annoying.
DeFi is not partly a reason why transaction fees are high during these time, because DeFi is the major reason why we are experiencing a high transaction fees on the network. Decentralized Finance projects are mostly running under ethereum network making tons of transactions everyday would cause the network to run slow and define a higher transaction fee. Investors are being hyped by this projects, they don't look that promising though but the quick money you can gain from it is massive creating another speculations for small time investors getting tons of investment and skyrockets.
Crypto is supposed to boast of low fee tranactions, this high fee is opposing that notion.
It seems like Vitalik isn't ready of this, I think he did not see this coming to ethereum but it is what it is now, we all should look up to upgraded version of ethereum. He said it would be better to have that, faster transaction and lesser fees.

restuibu

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 10:11:06 PM

Yes, Defi is one of the biggest causes of gas costs, because blockchain demand is getting denser, besides the increase in Ethereum prices itself is also one of them. because some investors buy Ethereum to hold until 2.0 launches

Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 11:14:19 PM

Yes, Defi is one of the biggest causes of gas costs, because blockchain demand is getting denser, besides the increase in Ethereum prices itself is also one of them. because some investors buy Ethereum to hold until 2.0 launches
This is we experience the skyrocketing fees since people are more to invest in defi projects that had caused for the slow transactions. The network congestions lately that makes the fees high, and of course the ethprice indeed, imagine many people are doing transactions daily because of this decentralized finance projects. Even in social media, this defi is lurking around.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: