Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:48:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum overpower Bitcoin in the future? Which side are you on?  (Read 846 times)
Shohag123

Activity: 385
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:17:09 PM

I think Ethereum can't overpower Bitcoin ever.Ethereum has contributed a lot in crypto and now its trending because of DeFi coin and before it was a hotcake because of ICO project.But ethereum never even came close to Bitcoin.Now Btc dominance in the market is 57% approx.And I think Bitcoin will continue reign the crypto market.

People still believe in Bitcoin and the way bitcoin has advertised in the world ethereum never beat that.In many countries,people don't know what is crypto but they heard about Bitcoin.And still people prefer to invest in Bitcoin and And if you want a suggestion for which coin you wanna invest  everyone has a different choice but most common is Bitcoin.Bitcoin is the king and will always be in Cryptocurrency industry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 08:24:23 PM

I getting the feeling that bitcoin would not retain its position if the defi and yield farming continues. This new concept of mining has an easy way than a regular mining via equipment so probably there are miners who knows how to trade will be interested with these kind of business.

Considering eth will shift to PoS isnt it convenient when they already there? The only choice of miners is to find a new coin to mine or shift to a different approach of farming which is we know gave a lot of profits.

Im positive either yfi, eth, dot could reach bitcoin marketcap but not now, maybe few years depending on the intense of defi now.

Stop joking, there is too much at stake and too many interested persons. Bitcoin has long become a common speculative asset to make money on which many sharks will run into. Now the hype around the new ICO DEFI will subside and everyone will plunge into a bear hibernation for four years

Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 08:54:24 PM

I think BTC will always dominate the cryptoqurrency market in the future, BTC is the top coin in the industry. but I also have no doubts about Ethereum, they have a great team and the fact that ethereum has great potential for future investment too.

semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 10:21:35 PM

Ohhh no the next day itself defi started to crash very hard compared to the total crypto market cap value, even ethereum fell deep from the average down trend value so until now there is no sign of ethereum is going to surpass the value of bitcoin in any terms.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 12:01:46 AM

People need to understand that there is no way Ethereum will ever overpower Bitcoin. The reason for this is very simple. Bitcoin introduced blockchain technology and Ethereum came to existence due to the development of Blockchain technology and Bitcoin is the foundation of it.  Bitcoin will always be valuable so far as blockchain exist.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 02:18:41 AM

Discussing blockchain, then something as proof of the future of technology, the development of something will definitely lead to a more efficient and effective direction. In cryptocurrency, bitcoin is known as the origin of crypto, king, mother and several other names, this makes bitcoin the dominator of the crypto market. While it is clear that the ethereum platform has better intelligence and development, why does bitcoin dominate? That's because the environment makes users trust more and more. I am on the ethereum side, because in terms of platform development, it's just that bitcoin will still have a very large dominance from year to year, this is a domino effect from the environment that affects users that bitcoin is king.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 04:31:31 AM

Honestly BTC is still mother of all coins.

If you scroll through old threads where they have discussed regarding "Why ETH will surpass BTC", "How ETH is best than BTC"and see the discussion then you will get answer like, ETH is best platform and supporting huge ERC20 std projects (previous versions) and thus more and more investment will come into it. Everyone thought this will really boost the very nature of ETH investment and cross BTC capitalisation.

In reality it never happened to till date. In fact in 2018-19 year ETH went down ATL and BTC went ATH. There are still many loop holes in this project.
Banulit

Activity: 674

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 05:43:08 AM

Regarding that matter I have no doubt that ethereum has a very high potential to be overvalue and outrank bitcoin and become the highest rank crypto. But for me I still believe that bitcoin will always be the king of all the coin knowing how many achievements it already accomplished.

chikator

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 07:05:52 AM

This might be possible but not in a near future. Ethereum is making a name for itself, its being used in a much more regular transaction than bitcoin. But bitcoin is still being hyped even until now.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
proscratcher

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 08:22:14 AM

I am still on Bitcoin. ETH introduces a new form of cryptocurrency, but Bitcoin is different. Its the most decentralized asset in the space.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 09:42:47 PM

The blockchain and cryptocurrency industry is an industry that is constantly changing and evolving. So it’s hard to give you a binary answer inmy opinion. I honestly love both the projects.

However when I look at it from a larger perspective, I realize that the industry is rapidly changing and the top project maybe something we least expect. I see a lot of development happening in the Web3 ecosystem with respect to Polkadot. I see new projects like Concordium which are exploring new paradigms like Faas( Finality as a Service ) and are backed by years of Academic Research. DeFi is changing the way we know Finance.

If there is one thing we can learn from the industry, its that change is the only constant and BTC is King. It has always been.

Ofcourse Ethereum is very innovative, it is infact one of the most innovative projects out there, but BTC will continue to dominate unless Ethereum brings something so huge that it will lead mass adoption and will be seen a better store of value than BTC. Ethereum was never intended to be a store of value.

For what I know, the competition is getting fierce every day. Right now Ethereum is in the lead, but that could change in the future as other Blockchain platforms take the world by storm. It's all a matter of adapting to the latest technologies in order to stay ahead of the game. With Ethereum constantly delaying its PoS upgrade, its competitors could gain an advantage in mainstream adoption. I don't think Ethereum will overpower Bitcoin anytime soon since it's not meant to be a store of value. Ethereum works better as a complement to the main Bitcoin blockchain than a replacement. Comparing both Bitcoin vs Ethereum is like comparing apples vs oranges.

Needless to say, anything can happen in crypto land. I've seen many prominent projects like Polkadot, Tezos, and Cosmos advancing in development and innovation. If Ethereum fails to scale, you could expect these alternative blockchain networks to take its place anytime soon. But taking down Bitcoin is another story. The premier cryptocurrency has brought Blockchain technology to the world, with a solid foundation built upon it. You can't take down something that started it all. At this point it's practically impossible for Ethereum or any other cryptocurrency to overpower Bitcoin in any way. Ethereum might as well focus on being an alternative blockchain network for smart contracts than a store of value. For different purposes/situations in life, will be the type of cryptocurrency to use in the mainstream world. I'm on Bitcoin's side since no other cryptocurrency matches it in terms of security and decentralization. With ETH switching to PoS soon, it will become less decentralized than Bitcoin. And you and I know, this reduces the odds of ETH overpowering BTC in the future. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 04:32:25 AM

That will depends on the Ethereum's developments in cryptocurency. Bitcoin is the root all of coins, it will be hard to overpower it.
Now ETH is going to become ETH 2.0 and we will see if it can surpassing Bitcoin or not.
Bitcoin market cap value is the highest, it is because many coin lost in circulation, so it will be hard to surpass the bitcoin market cap value.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 04:58:51 AM

To overpower Bitcoin despite the volatility and unpredictability in cryptosphere, is no easy feat. Firstly, like google for internet, bitcoin has become synonymous with crypto. Secondly, it is the most popular fav coin of the masses, named king of crypto, and holding that unbeatable title exclusively.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 05:25:31 AM

Bitcoin will always be the number one, simply because it is the original cryptocurrency. All the other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, Litecoin and Cardano have plagiarized large parts of their idea from Bitcoin and then added small enhancements to remove the deficiencies. That is not enough to overtake Bitcoin. In order to do that, you need a better idea. The current bunch of alts can't provide that.
malikg18

Activity: 1141
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 06:05:47 AM

It will be very difficult that ETH will overpower BTC in Future. It is true that maximum projects are ETH based but Btc is the mother cryptocurrency. When we talk about crypto, First currency which comes in our mind is that is Bitcoin. I am on Bitcoin side.
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 06:36:10 AM

That's a hard thing to answer considering bitcoin has always been number 1 all this time. Ethereum on the other hand is very popular as well, but still cannot beat bitcoin.
But in the future, that's kinda tricky to guess, because anything can happen. With more development and others it might be possible. But overpower in term of what? Is it Value, Volume, Popularity or something else? Well, we're waiting for Eth 2.0 so I expect at least something good should happen at that time.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2020, 06:56:41 AM

It will be very difficult that ETH will overpower BTC in Future. It is true that maximum projects are ETH based but Btc is the mother cryptocurrency. When we talk about crypto, First currency which comes in our mind is that is Bitcoin. I am on Bitcoin side.
Yes you are right. Bitcoin is the first crypto and will always have bitcoin on my wallet but we cant deny the fact that ethereum also become part of the bigger ecosystem on blockchain. Most of the major altcoin platform residing on eth network and we can see that clearly that adoption or usage of eth network is highly in demand. Overpower is like a big termed but I can say that eth can be useful like bitcoin too.

peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 07:42:15 AM

Simple answer,NO Ethereum will never Overpower Bitcoin.

Maybe in the next 10 years who knows but not in our days now and not tomorrow.

Ethereum needs top prove More before even get Close to What bitcoin has already done.

People support Bitcoin as market showing us all these years.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
diskodasa

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 02:37:10 AM

I still believe that Bitcoin will still hold dominance in the cryptocurrency market for a long time. With the level of transaction volume as well as active trading in the market and the level of trust of investors, Bitcoin will still have the largest market value. Ethereum is a good coin and is used by many projects but in my opinion in terms of market cap value it will take time for ethereum to surpass Bitcoin
There is no coin that can be compared to Bitcoin at this time and if compared to Ethereum it is a very lame comparison. I think every coin has its own strengths, but when it comes to technology, Ethereum is the best choice for the future.

However, when it comes to this market, people will first mention Bitcoin and this is what makes this coin always have great value in the crypto market.

kerjakuat

Activity: 346

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 02:45:19 AM

Thinking of the future bitcoin will stay become the number one as bitcoin was has more fan then ethereum. Like or not bitcoin still like a father for all altcoins so i dont think peoples will dump bitcoin for Ethereum. But i still do think ethereum will be stay at number 2 and hope xrp shit token will not replace ethereum at second anymore.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: