Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:44:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASRock H110 where is gen1 on bios? PCI8  (Read 142 times)
Rawbsoup (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 01, 2020, 08:51:28 PM

I’ve got 7 out of 8 RX 580 8GB GPU working on Cudominer. But the others all worked by changing from auto to Gen1 or Gen2. I only have pci up to 7. So I can’t change the pci 8 to gen1. Where is it? The computer does find the gpu but the utilisation is 0%
PerfectCircle

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 11:57:21 AM

Your question is a bit confusing, the H110 Motherboard has how many pci slots? 7 or 8? If it's 8 and your miner is only seeing 7 GPUS then start from the power supply, is the power supply watt enough for all the graphics card? Drop more details about your rig and you will find answers

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 12:02:32 PM

I’ve got 7 out of 8 RX 580 8GB GPU working on Cudominer. But the others all worked by changing from auto to Gen1 or Gen2. I only have pci up to 7. So I can’t change the pci 8 to gen1. Where is it? The computer does find the gpu but the utilisation is 0%

You didn´t must change to gen1. I have 20 Rigs and changed no board to Gen1. It must work also with Gen2 or auto setting. So you have another problem.
And please more information about your system. OS, Driver, Cards Bios modded?

Your question is a bit confusing, the H110 Motherboard has how many pci slots? 7 or 8? If it's 8 and your miner is only seeing 7 GPUS then start from the power supply, is the power supply watt enough for all the graphics card? Drop more details about your rig and you will find answers

You can use google or why you ask how much pcie it has? Don´t be lazy dude  Roll Eyes
 https://www.google.com/search?q=ASROCK+H110&oq=ASROCK+H110&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61l3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 05:11:49 PM

It has 13 pci spaces. The 8th card works for a few seconds then doesn’t. I haven’t changed anything apart from changing gpu to compute mode.
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 06:11:36 PM

Set Bios for intel procs as follows:

set VTd INTEL VIRTUALIZATION to DISABLE.
set ONBOARD AUDIO/SOUND (AZALIA) to DISABLE.
set IEEE1394 to DISABLE.
set PCI-E SUBSYSTEM/LANES to x8/x4/x4
set ONBOARD GRAPHICS to DISABLE.
set PCI-E GENERATION to GEN2.
set CPU FREQUENCY SCALING to DISABLE.
set CPU PERFORMANCE MODE to ENABLE.
set FAST BOOT to DISABLE.
set CSM to ENABLE.

Start by elminating if its the gpu or the 8th position.
Simply unhook and swap gpu 8 with gpu 7.  (or any other) but just move the gpu not the cables / riser / etc).
If the problem follows the gpu then its something with the gpu.
If the problem stays in 8th position its in the slot/riser/cable/bios/power.

So if it stays on 8th position try swapping the riser...then the cable..then the edge card....one by one to see if one of them is the issue. 

If that doesnt get it my guess is its power.  That your gpu now in compute is consuming more power and has stepped over the limit of what is available.  Remember its not just total power but also how much you can get from each on each type of connector.  You may have plenty of power on the 12v but there are also seprate limits on the 5v and 3.3v...and also on each chained plug.  PSU problems are tough to find if you only have one psu....but if you have more get a simple y cable and keep each card/riser on the same psu’s and you can run the 8th card off the second psu.  If it works then...its power.  Only way to be sure about power is have more than enough to confirm. Power issues can cause some bizarre issues.
Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 04:05:04 PM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gZym5NDViibjm9dA7

I think it’s something to do with not having a PCI 8 to change to Gen2. I unplugged the 8th and all 7 were fine. So I used the cables from 7th to number 8 and it loaded up 7 gpu 100%. I added a power supply and it went back to the same issue 7 at 100% and 8th at 0%
Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 04:05:35 PM

I changed some of those bios setting but I don’t seem to have all of those settings.
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 06:09:30 PM

Disable Vt-D

At least the rest of looks correct. 

Ive got this exact board...currently its got 7 gpus becuase thats all i had for it.  Ill see if i can stick an 8th on it this weekend.

Rawbsoup (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 07:05:54 PM

Disabled that but hasn’t made any difference. Great appreciate any help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: