Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: you're making bitcoin complicated  (Read 1227 times)
wiss19

Activity: 2128
Merit: 341

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 04:53:58 PM

You just made it clear, I hope that most of the old guys here gets to understand this and stop giving information that can be misleading at times. Starting with that number one question, I always tell newbies that every wallet has their pros and cons, you don’t just say that a particular one is the most secure, they just have to be made to be aware of the risks involved.

I have been making use of mobile wallets for years now and I have never had any problem with them, mobile wallets like Blockchain, Xapo, Coinbase, and BitPay, and they all work perfectly and are also free to make use of, so why would you be telling someone to go for a hardware when it’s clear that most of them don’t have any money or they are not ready to spend on anything yet?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 11:35:48 PM

Bitcoin is not anonymous and juts because you want to remain anonymous doesn't mean you have anything to hide or want to do anything bad. For example, many writers write under a pseudo name.
Never use an online wallet. You need to have the private key kept locally on your device. Perhaps you could recommend celium on android? Maybe exodus on pc? There is also an app that allows your phone to act as a hardware wall and it works with MEW. It's very cool.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 11:45:45 PM

I think this is more precise to tell to a newbie or newcomers for making bitcoin not so complicated when someone would asked you about it.

Well, I agree, we could just teach them the easiest things to learn or to remember but if you really wanted to take care of your bitcoins, secure it, understand some things that you might be confused with, that complication will really hit those people and if they are willing to learn they can, if they don't that is just fine, it on them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Kelvinid

Activity: 2814
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 11:53:30 PM

I understand the sentiments that a newbie must have to learn and that is why they keep asking to know more. Of course, each member has different opinions and they also rely base on their experience which is better than telling lies. And these individuals will certainly be saying this is the best, this is right, and this must have to used. But newbies also asking how about this one? why not? What will happen? It was hard when you are directing to the right path but someone asking also different ways.

The reason why it complicates newbie's mind is that they are not satisfied with the right things instead of being curious to know on the dark side that all not suggesting it. They are only making themselves being complicated, not those people who are helping them.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 01:29:12 AM

I agree to the OP that mostly Bitcoin users are really making Bitcoin itself to be complicated which is making it too hard for a newbie to digest the information that would lead him to better understanding of what Bitcoin really is. The case is that whenever a newbie tend to ask specific answers about a certain inquiry he wanted to know, other Bitcoin users are making use of their experience which is already too broad to be easily understood by a newbie which certainly do not have any experience on the field of knowing and working with Bitcoin.
Simple question deserves simple answer but many people here are making it too difficult for them to understand ,They dont even know that Newbie wanted to know how can this be use and what is the process.
Not because you are experienced you need to talk about the deep knowledge why not try to simplify ?this is what they need to hear.
I think what it could possibly help to lessen the complications on better understanding or letting the newbie know about Bitcoin is just to directly answer the inquiry in a simple manner and let him ask a little bit more which he is finding himself widening the capacity of his understanding to process the simple to complex ideas he must know about Bitcoin. Just start it from simple phase of explaining then let him explore the complexity once he fully digest the sequence of information he must know which can be gained by self experience working with Bitcoin.
i totally agree on this mate,because the more we talk the more complicated becomes the issue.
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 02:35:33 AM

Admittedly some old members here make Bitcoin look complicated, but I'm sure they did without bad intentions or make it difficult
for the newbie. They give complicated answers, because they really want to give their best. But some newbies must find it difficult
to understand and consider Bitcoin complicated. Indeed, newbies should start learning from something light.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
witcher_sense
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4369

🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2020, 05:52:59 AM

If a newbie asks what is a good wallet to use?
Bitcoin User will answer the hardware wallet which is not free. Yes it is safest but not a newbie-friendly

Instead of a web wallet that is free and easy to use. Every wallet has its own flaws in order to secure your bitcoin you have to learn how to use it and make it secure.

Experienced users recommend hardware wallets precisely because of the fact it is a safest option for a newbie. It is true that they are not free, but security they provide worth to pay for. And if you have no money to buy even cheapest one, what were you going to put into bitcoin wallet anyway? Listen to experienced usets, especially on this forum, because they want bitcoin to be adopted and they like to teach newcommers because of this. If every newbie were suggested to use shitty web wallet to store "their" money, then bitcoin wouldn't have a chance to become adopted among inexperienced users.  In such case, newbies would lost everything and go away forever. It would be too complicated, because every your step would lead to being scammed by dishonest owners of "your" keys.

If a newbie asks how to earn bitcoin?
Bitcoin user will say Signature campaign which is also not newbie friendly because you cant join the signature campaign now if you are a newbie.until they discover the altcoin campaign where they can join but will be disappointed sooner or later because of not getting paid and leave bitcoin and tell that it is a scam.

Instead, teach them one of the basic ways to earn bitcoin which is micro earning where they can earn small amount of bitcoin like faucets for them to test bitcoin

What a stupid question as if bitcoin is a magic money of Internet that can be earned in magical ways. First, you have to learn what bitcoin is, why it is considered sound money, why it is better than current financial chaos. By the time you realize that bitcoin is money, you will have already understood that bitcoin can be earned exactly the same way as fiat. If you don't know how to earn money in general, that is another question.

If a newbie asks what good thing about bitcoin? anonymity?
Bitcoin user wants to teach about one the good thing about bitcoin which is anonymity but for a newbie point of view, it will also make confusion because if im the newbie why do I need to become anonymous if im not planning to do bad things.

instead, teach them the basic about bitcoin which is a payment method where they can use online or they can do a person to person transaction

If you don't value your privacy, your KYC documents will be sold on darknet and you will be scammed another way. Maybe you have nothing to hide, which is very hard to believe in, but don't sacrifice your identity, wellbeing and life because of this. Protect your rights, listen to advice and make your own decisions based on your own experience and other's mistakes.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 606

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 06:48:19 AM

If a newbie would ask, might as well tell them to search using google.

A good newbies would not ask to educate them with the basics, that is not wise, before they ask, maybe they need to research first the basics, use different platforms such us google and youtube and then if they have a little confusion, then they can ask here and members will surely help.

What we are trying to do when we advice is to give people enough information to prevent them for getting scam as that usually happen when they only know the basics and not the possible scam activities inside the market. For me, I don't find it bad to give your advice as this is a forum, it's a meeting of minds from different individual, they give suggestion not only based on their knowledge, but also based on their experience which is very vital and usually suggestions are given through a short but specific answers.

Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 07:17:30 AM

For more details on Trading of bitcoins please visit here.
<a href="https://executium.com/free-bitcoin-for-trading">free bitcoins</a>

reported again,How many times do we have to report same Hijackers again and again.

Admittedly some old members here make Bitcoin look complicated, but I'm sure they did without bad intentions or make it difficult
for the newbie. They give complicated answers, because they really want to give their best. But some newbies must find it difficult
to understand and consider Bitcoin complicated. Indeed, newbies should start learning from something light.

Sometimes our Level of Answers as we get along is going deeper that we did not anticipate whoa re we talking .
we did not give attention on what level of understanding they have because for us the important thing is how we can explain our knowledge and for them to adopt.
we cannot blame them because this market is really complicated so if you are not ready for such answers then better get out of here.
we must be aware that this is a risky environment so being bright and fast learner is what we need to succeess here.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
KimberlyCon
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 05:24:16 PM

I'm not familiar with this idea however it has its complex but this is one of the easiest parts over the net
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 08:51:23 PM

Bitcoin user is making bitcoin complicated for a newbie
I discover that bitcoin is becoming more and more complicated not because it is really hard to understand
but instead those who are not new in bitcoin are making it complicated. (Even Myself  Grin)
as I think a little bit deeper I realized it and plan to change my approach to the newbie as a self-reflection.
I want to learn more how can i make bitcoin newbie friendly as simplest as possible.

Example:

Bitcoin User will answer the hardware wallet which is not free. Yes it is safest but not a newbie-friendly

Instead of a web wallet that is free and easy to use. Every wallet has its own flaws in order to secure your bitcoin you have to learn how to use it and make it secure.

Bitcoin user will say Signature campaign which is also not newbie friendly because you cant join the signature campaign now if you are a newbie.until they discover the altcoin campaign where they can join but will be disappointed sooner or later because of not getting paid and leave bitcoin and tell that it is a scam.

Instead, teach them one of the basic ways to earn bitcoin which is micro earning where they can earn small amount of bitcoin like faucets for them to test bitcoin

Bitcoin user wants to teach about one the good thing about bitcoin which is anonymity but for a newbie point of view, it will also make confusion because if im the newbie why do I need to become anonymous if im not planning to do bad things.

instead, teach them the basic about bitcoin which is a payment method where they can use online or they can do a person to person transaction

The series of question asked depends on the availability of resources from a newbies side. If a newbie asked which wallet to use, the answer is to look for a locally available wallet before accessing wallets that are internationally available since using internationally available wallets would be rather hard to use since local wallets have an automatic converter to that newbies currency.

Earning Bitcoin can be done in a lot of ways, joining campaigns would earn them Alternate Cryptocurrencies BUT joining campaigns available in the Services section would give them the opportunity to gain Bitcoin weekly.

The good thing about Bitcoin is the adventure that it gives to everyone and newbies can find that out by themselves since that would mean that they are interested.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2020, 09:46:45 PM

I wonder what is complicated in advising to buy a hardware wallet?  It is so simple, buy a hardware wallet.  There is no hidden password or tech behind that advice.  I am sure once a newbie buys a hardware wallet, there is an instruction on how to use it.

I believe it is always best to advise them to do their research.  Study, research, and learn the ecosystem of Bitcoin if they wanted to dive into it.  That pretty much covers all the needed information of a newbie if he wanted to join the cryptocurrency industry.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Sapphire915

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 01:12:30 AM

Well, Im new to Crypto world myself and I must admit that i got confused with everything here when i first step in. However, reading on the different sections of this forum, especially the beginners and help in Meta section, before exploring can really help us get along the way. I could say that Bitcoin can only be complicated depending on how we adopted and trusted it. I believe that if you have faith that you could earn and get profits with something, you will try your very best to learn more and work hard to get what you are aiming for. Constant research is a must in order to not make everything here in Bitcoin world complicated.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 01:58:50 AM

What you are suggesting is true for old users who want to approach new users, it's just that I have seen a lot of it on this platform where old users always suggest better things and provide solutions for new users who are confused and then create a thread on the forum . I am not really able to approach new users, because I do not have the right or the capability to guide a new user where the risk to the crypto industry is quite large.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
yazher

Activity: 2198
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 02:31:37 AM

As for me, Whenever the newbies ask something about BTC and they want some easy answer about it, I often share with them this link: https://www.weusecoins.com/en/questions/ where I found it to be useful for all of the newbies who want to learn about the basic of BTC. When they asked something that is not on the list, I'm sure the other member will follow up to answer those questions and everyone will be satisfied with the information we provided them.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4984

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2020, 06:02:34 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2020, 06:13:23 AM by mocacinno
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (2)

Only one page after my last reply in this thread, i'm compelled to do (yet another) writeup after reading the next couple of replies.

• I repeat, for the xth time: it's not because YOU used a webwallet and haven't lost funds yet, that it's a good idear to promote these wallets to new members. My father smoked from before i was born (he always told me he started somewhere around age 12), and only stopped when I was way past my 30th birthday. To this very day he hasn't developed lung cancer (eventough he did have a mild heart attack, but he had other habits that were bad for his circulatory system aswell). Is it OK for him to start telling people that smoking is ok just because he didn't get cancer? No, it is not... I've seen sooooooo many people losing their lifesavings because they trusted web wallets, it is NOT ok to promote them, even if you (personally) haven't lost any funds because of those wallets (yet). Web wallets go against the very core belief of bitcoin: "be your OWN bank", and don't forget: "don't trust, verify". By using a web wallet, you're giving controll of your private keys to a thirth party. They can freeze your account, rob you, pull an exit scam... And their gui is more susceptible to phising and social hacking. Promoting web wallets because they're free is utter nonsense. Plenty of decent desktop wallets are free aswell. A properly generated paper wallet has the cost of a blank sheet of paper. An airgapped setup can be created by booting from a live CD/USB on your "normal" computer, so it has the cost of a blank CD/USB... Sure, we promote hardware wallets, they cost <$100 and they're a good compromise between security and usability. People tend to forget that bitcoin = money, it's OK to tell people to invest <$100 to keep their money safe.
  • Yup, bitcoin is about choice. People ARE free to use a webwallet if they really want to... Just like a smoker is free to smoke. Doesn't mean we don't have to give them a warning that smoking causes cancer, circulatory deseases and many more illnesses. Well, webwallets are easily accessible and free... Offcourse, they're not only easily accessible for you, but also for hackers and for the owners of the web wallet (but this part seems to get overlooked quite often)...
  • I've seen a senior member advertising to mine bitcoin using a "powerfull computer". Sorry, but that's not how it works anymore... If you want to mine bitcoin you need to invest in an expensive ASIC, you need dirt-cheap electricity, you need a soundproof miningroom with good electric wiring, you need a lot of knowledge, and you need a solid plan. Don't try to mine bitcoin with your computer!
  • Pointing newbies to micro-tasks is just wasting their time... They might even leave the crypto community and never return if they see their efforts resulting in nothing in their wallet

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18565

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 07:57:11 AM

If a newbie asked which wallet to use, the answer is to look for a locally available wallet before accessing wallets that are internationally available since using internationally available wallets would be rather hard to use since local wallets have an automatic converter to that newbies currency.
Choosing a wallet based on its in built exchange functions is a bad idea. Most wallets with built in exchange functions are custodial, and all of them charge ridiculous prices to make money from their users. Wallets should be picked based on security and transparency, not on exchange partnerships.

it's not because YOU used a webwallet and haven't lost funds yet, that it's a good idear to promote these wallets to new members.
But I drive without a seatbelt and I'm not dead yet, so it must be totally safe! (/s)

I also hate the "every wallet has pros and cons" or "every wallet has vulnerabilities" line. Sure, no wallet is 100% secure, but saying the vulnerabilities of my encrypted, airgapped, locked-in-a-safe cold storage are comparable to the vulnerabilities of a web wallet is just downright wrong.
p4npos

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2020, 05:21:32 PM

If you are new to crypto world, it would be advisable to spend some time to learn about this topic. I dont think that it is nice to blame old users for topics which are common, but you still dont understand them well
BlackHatCoiner
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 7433

Farewell, Leo

View Profile
September 21, 2020, 07:23:02 PM

I just discovered the topic.

I would like to state that OP isn't entirely wrong. I mean, when I was a newbie (in the forum and in bitcoin generally), I needed a guiding hand to show me the road of cryptocurrency. I had really many questions about bitcoin and I continued learning because I was pissed off that I couldn't understand it. There are so many expert members here, but the problem is that you cannot put all that information in a newbie's head. If you search my first topics, you can see that I ask ridiculously stupid questions just because I was obsessed with the idea: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2775483;sa=showPosts;start=840

Anyway, I'm leaving the 6 month memories (Tongue) and I'm focusing on what you've said.

You see the problem with all these you mentioned isn't that a newbie gets confused on what wallet to use or how to earn his/her first bitcoins. Not even if bitcoin is good or not. The problem, for a newbie, is asking these questions on a huge forum which leads on getting tons of replies. This forum is actually the best on fulfilling someone's questions, because of the signature campaigns. So what makes newbies confused isn't that electrum is more difficult than blockchain.com, but the 10-20 replies he/she gets within a day, that makes him/her not know what to believe.

They already know that. They came here to learn more. They know that it is person-to-person (or peer-to-peer), they know that it is decentralised, they know that Satoshi Nakamoto is the creator that no one knows. But most of them come here everyday to find out the technical stuff behind.

I give an example. Me asking: How fast is the bitcoin network's spread? (something that cannot be answered from googling, at least I couldn't)

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 07:43:20 PM

Every veteran way a newbie once, so they can learn more things when they enter into the space.But teaching the complicated things too early can save your time and money so no need to take it as complicating just give enough time to learn the things by giving best of you as much as you can.Finally earning bitcoins though faucets or campaigns is not going to be much and one who want to have bitcoin means they need to buy it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: