Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:57:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too much HODLing stealing opportunities?  (Read 905 times)
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2020, 06:30:03 AM

It is true that too much holding eliminates the opportunity to get a profit, because we really have to be able to have a sell target.
I don't think so. It doesn't lose the opportunity. What if you've held since 2018 and you still hold it until today? that's too long for some people.
Will you consider that as a lost opportunity for making profit? if the price of bitcoin you've bought is $3000 and held it until $19000. And the same for early this year for the month of March. Bought it around $4000 and held it for several months until it has reached $19000.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 03:05:16 PM

It is true that too much holding eliminates the opportunity to get a profit, because we really have to be able to have a sell target.
I don't think so. It doesn't lose the opportunity. What if you've held since 2018 and you still hold it until today? that's too long for some people.
Will you consider that as a lost opportunity for making profit? if the price of bitcoin you've bought is $3000 and held it until $19000. And the same for early this year for the month of March. Bought it around $4000 and held it for several months until it has reached $19000.

Anyway this year's hodling is profiting for many that did. It went so deep as you mentioned to 3,000 and within a year, it had a profit of 16,000 which is a great profit . The internet business and transaction are becoming the easiest way to have some financial freedom if you learn to strike with given opportunity just from home.
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2020, 03:49:40 PM

Anyway this year's hodling is profiting for many that did. It went so deep as you mentioned to 3,000 and within a year, it had a profit of 16,000 which is a great profit . The internet business and transaction are becoming the easiest way to have some financial freedom if you learn to strike with given opportunity just from home.
It did for me and I'm also a holder. There are ways to become financially free but with cryptocurrencies, you need to have a strong hands.
Weak hands have no place for this market and you're likely to lose. And that's why holders always gets rewarded through our patience.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Lorokan

Activity: 421
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 05:01:17 PM

Too much of everything is bad, so literally too much hodling will cost you opportunities; and the opportunities are as follows; opportunities to cash out and take profits; opportunities to sell high and rebuy at low rate; opportunities to reinvest etc. One thing that is contrary is that if you believe in the reasons why you are hodling; then there won't be any troubles; for example Bitcoin is bullish on the long term, do your own research
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 12:01:43 AM

Too much of everything is bad, so literally too much hodling will cost you opportunities; and the opportunities are as follows; opportunities to cash out and take profits; opportunities to sell high and rebuy at low rate; opportunities to reinvest etc. One thing that is contrary is that if you believe in the reasons why you are hodling; then there won't be any troubles; for example Bitcoin is bullish on the long term, do your own research

Indeed, for people who want to take profits whenever the price increase, sell at a higher price and then buy back after bitcoin corrected.
Nonetheless, it's not that easy to predict when bitcoin reaches the peak, whether it will continue to increase or will decrease, so we need to set a goal of how much %profits we want in order to avoid loss or regret when the price heading in a way which is different from our predictions.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 07:25:16 AM

Holding in the long term is not a bad things to do, in fact, holding is really good even you are a newbie or noobs especially if the coin you choose to buy is one of the potential in the market like ETH, ADA, Vet, Xrp, Xem, and of course Bitcoin. And it could be stealing opportunities if the coin you choose is wrong or not potentials.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 11:08:18 AM

For noobs, HODLing is a term used for "holding" your assets (here: Bitcoins) for a very long time. But, isn't it true that those who bought it at $500 once should have sold it at $20k peak, and if not, why didn't they sell at $15k?
We have our own targets on taking profits. I'm sure most people sold some at $15k to take profit and re entry when bitcoin dipped below $15k. For me my goal for next selling is the new ATH @ around $22k is the spot that I'll be selling my bitcoins now.

Isn't it true that too long a hodl can stop you from taking great opportunities while sitting dumb and waiting for a specific target?
It is true, that's why you should always split funds between hodling, trading, buybacks or any good opportunities in some altcoins circulating now. Opportunities are passing by everyday if you go all in on hodling, just like @Lorokan said too much of everything is bad.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
lifeOK

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 03:36:24 PM

Nothing wrong too much HODLing if the things going according to the plan. I'm taking about Bitcoin, Ethereum stick strongly you won't lose in the long run. What is going to happen next? Does anyone have any ideas whether market ups or down? Sounds like tough but being defensive always right.
rat03gopoh

Activity: 2086
Merit: 639

Your keys your responsibility

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2020, 03:48:26 PM

Trading is better than holding if you're aware of it.
I think taking advantage of high cryptocurrency fluctuations can collect more and faster rpofits than holding them back waiting to hit ATH. ATH is unpredictable, but market patterns are predictable (at least).

▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██ ▄█▀▓█████▓██   ██▓  ██████   
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒    ██▄█▒ ▓█   ▀ ▒██  ██▒▒██    ▒   
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓███▄░ ▒███    ▒██ ██░░ ▓██▄     
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▓██ █▄ ▒▓█  ▄  ░ ▐██▓░  ▒   ██▒ 
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ▒██▒ █▄░▒████▒ ░ ██▒▓░▒██████▒▒ 
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ▒ ▒▒ ▓▒░░ ▒░ ░  ██▒▒▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░ 
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░   ░ ░▒ ▒░ ░ ░  ░▓██ ░▒░ ░ ░▒  ░ ░ 
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░    ░ ░░ ░    ░   ▒ ▒ ░░  ░  ░  ░   
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░        ░  ░      ░  ░░ ░           ░   
 ░ ░                                                 ░ ░                 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄██▀▀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀▀▀█▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄█▀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐▀█▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐████████████⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████████████▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█████████████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▐⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▄██▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀███████████⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀██▌⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀███▄▄▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀██▀▀██▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀▐▀███▀▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▌⠀⠀▄██⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀██▀██▀██▀██▀████▄⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀▀█▀▀▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀█⠀█▀█▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀`⠀⠀▄⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀▀▐▀██▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀█⠀⠀▀██████▄▄⠀⠀█▀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀██⠀▄⠀⠀⠀`▀███⠀█⠀▀▀██████▄⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀▄███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀▀▀▄▄⠀⠀▀████▀▄⠀▀██████▄▄▄█▄█████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀▐███▄█⠀▄⠀▀▀█████████▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████▄▀⠀⠀▀▀▀▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▌▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▀███▀▀⠀⠀▐█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██▀███  ▓█████   ██████  ██▓███   ▒█████   ███▄    █   ██████  ██▓ ▄▄▄▄    ██▓ ██▓     ██▓▄▄▄█████▓▓██   ██▓
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒   ▓██ ▒ ██▒▓█   ▀ ▒██    ▒ ▓██░  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██ ▀█   █ ▒██    ▒ ▓██▒▓█████▄ ▓██▒▓██▒    ▓██▒▓  ██▒ ▓▒ ▒██  ██▒
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓██ ░▄█ ▒▒███   ░ ▓██▄   ▓██░ ██▓▒▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▀█ ██▒░ ▓██▄   ▒██▒▒██▒ ▄██▒██▒▒██░    ▒██▒▒ ▓██░ ▒░  ▒██ ██░
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▒██▀▀█▄  ▒▓█  ▄   ▒   ██▒▒██▄█▓▒ ▒▒██   ██░▓██▒  ▐▌██▒  ▒   ██▒░██░▒██░█▀  ░██░▒██░    ░██░░ ▓██▓ ░   ░ ▐██▓░
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ░██▓ ▒██▒░▒████▒▒██████▒▒▒██▒ ░  ░░ ████▓▒░▒██░   ▓██░▒██████▒▒░██░░▓█  ▀█▓░██░░██████▒░██░  ▒██▒ ░   ░ ██▒▓░
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░░░ ▒░ ░▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░▒▓▒░ ░  ░░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░ ▒░   ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░░▓  ░▒▓███▀▒░▓  ░ ▒░▓  ░░▓    ▒ ░░      ██▒▒▒
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░     ░▒ ░ ▒░ ░ ░  ░░ ░▒  ░ ░░▒ ░       ░ ▒ ▒░ ░ ░░   ░ ▒░░ ░▒  ░ ░ ▒ ░▒░▒   ░  ▒ ░░ ░ ▒  ░ ▒ ░    ░     ▓██ ░▒░
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░      ░░   ░    ░   ░  ░  ░  ░░       ░ ░ ░ ▒     ░   ░ ░ ░  ░  ░   ▒ ░ ░    ░  ▒ ░  ░ ░    ▒ ░  ░       ▒ ▒ ░░
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░           ░        ░  ░      ░               ░ ░           ░       ░   ░   ░       ░      ░  ░ ░            ░ ░   
 ░ ░                                                                                                            ░                           ░ ░     
huiji2011

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 04:03:56 PM

For me,it is not i like hold,but i have to,because if there have a profit,i would sell sooner or later. But if i lose, usually  i don't sell.i would hold till the day it is profitable. I only sell a losing coin if I'm very bullish on it and I don't have enough money.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 05:04:59 PM

Isn't it that if you hold too many altcoins there will be a lot of profit you will achieve?
But if you hold too long, the risk of miss a pump in another altcoin will also be high,
so make sure you hold good coins.
Of course! When you do tend to hold a coin then you are already assuming that it is a good one on where you do see its potential rather than making out some random
selection which would really be a suicide.

If you can hold lots due to huge capital of yours then its your choice but unplanned selection wont really be always ending up on a happy ending
but rather a devastation.

You should know on when to sell out because if you dont then you would really be missing out lots of opportunities to make money.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 05:57:28 PM

Isn't it true that too long a hodl can stop you from taking great opportunities while sitting dumb and waiting for a specific target?
It can, actually, deter opportunities. But the truth remains that no one can tell when an opportunity presents itself. If we know all these, that makes us humans omniscient then and all-knowing. We become God, and this isn't possible. No one sees a clear opportunity on legit issue and refuses to take it. I have missed a few opportunities too myself holding tokens I should've sold and the tokens never went back to the soared price. It went crashing like a stone left to fall from a 10-storey building.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
December 09, 2020, 01:31:54 PM

^There are not that many ways that you can guarantee people profit if you focus on just trading, after all if it was easy to trade and make money with it that would mean people would do that constantly but they are not doing it constantly, why? Because it is not easy to do. Which is why I would like to suggest that if you want to hold you should hold since it is harder to make money in any other way; obviously it is "possible" to make money in any other way as well, it is just not easy.

The easiest way to make money with bitcoin is just constantly keep buying as much as you can anytime you have money and that way you could potentially get very rich with minimum risk, anything else you want to do and you are risking yourself losing too much money in the mean time.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 09, 2020, 03:25:41 PM

For me,it is not i like hold,but i have to,because if there have a profit,i would sell sooner or later. But if i lose, usually  i don't sell.i would hold till the day it is profitable. I only sell a losing coin if I'm very bullish on it and I don't have enough money.
Very basic strategy.

That's what I do even before the pump to $19k, I've sold many times for the profit and never think of it anymore. Because those times, I'm in profit so whether if we compare it with today's price and it's lower, I'm still in profit by that time.

And in selling, if you're not in profit, you sell at loss then you're really at loss. But if you're portfolio is at loss and you just hold, you're not in total loss.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TheGreatPython

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
December 09, 2020, 05:56:46 PM

Holding in the long term is not a bad things to do, in fact, holding is really good even you are a newbie or noobs especially if the coin you choose to buy is one of the potential in the market like ETH, ADA, Vet, Xrp, Xem, and of course Bitcoin. And it could be stealing opportunities if the coin you choose is wrong or not potentials.
But, the question is because of holding (which is great, no doubt) we are missing the chance of making recurring profits because we can easily sell at higher price and buy at cheaper when a drop happens. It is a very tricky situation because one wants to have maximum value for the assets they hold but because of the volatile and up and down nature of the price of bitcoins, I agree that holding for too long takes away the chances of trading.

Maybe one can sell some amount and re-invest the money gained when a drop happens. For example, you bought originally for $10k then you can sell at 15k 50% of coins and wait for the dip to happen and like say you can buy again at $12k and repeat the process.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
Duelbits
███████████████████████████████████████████████    ████    ████    ████
████    ████    ████

THE MOST REWARDING CASINO
████    ████
███████████████    ████    ████
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████▌
     +4,000     
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
  $500,000 
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
    $10,000   
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 06:42:48 AM

True, holding for too long is not advisable because you'll be missing a lot of opportunities to earn. The market moves sideways due to volatility and from there you can earn little by little. Holding for too long will work if you are really passive in trading or just an investor who doesn't trade at all. I've missed a lot of opportunities to earn because of holding not just bitcoin but altcoin as well which made me lose an opportunity for selling it at a better price and buying back when the price goes down.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 07:25:47 AM

Trading is better than holding if you're aware of it.
I think taking advantage of high cryptocurrency fluctuations can collect more and faster rpofits than holding them back waiting to hit ATH. ATH is unpredictable, but market patterns are predictable (at least).
You see its complicated because imagine someone who HODL bitcoins 10 years ago will have enormous profits while someone who would trade by selling and buying will never make close to the guy who just held and waited for years.

Isn't it that if you hold too many altcoins there will be a lot of profit you will achieve?
But if you hold too long, the risk of miss a pump in another altcoin will also be high,
so make sure you hold good coins.
For altcoins one must never hold for too long unless the coin is something like ETH,XRP,TRX, etc because most of the coins will die at a certain stage and one who holds too long is left stranded without any hope. But for bitcoins we can hold because the price goes down I agree but it jumps back and touches new highs every time.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2020, 08:22:00 AM

yes indeed, because if you hold only one coin, it is just a waste of time,
you have to put a lot of coins in your portfolio, and wait for the price to reach the target.
Holding bitcoin is not a wrong thing to do. The logic is very simple, bitcoin is the only coin that is being useful in the shops as a first choice for places where it is somewhat legally tradeable. Next the altcoins are all based as copy-cats for bitcoin and their basis of pumping is "second" or "third" to bitcoin - with a delusional belief on it becoming the next bitcoin - we all know that never happens.

Hence you may wish to hold other coins too but that is a personal choice for being bullish on something other than bitcoin. Someone may be bullish on something from a different sector too - dont waste money on altcoins then, move to the other traditional markets.

"Stealing opportunities" - disagree to this. These markets are based on speculation and there are several opportunities. We must admit that we often fail to recognize them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 11:16:57 AM

"Stealing opportunities" - disagree to this. These markets are based on speculation and there are several opportunities. We must admit that we often fail to recognize them.

It is based on speculation, you are right with that, however, if you are discipline enough to hold, you should not fail because the market can be bullish as well. Just make it simple, if you hold for long term, you need to ensure a target is already in place, for example, you buy bitcoin at $19k and you plan to sell it when bitcoin rises to $100,000, then you have to hold until that time will come, otherwise, that's the real meaning of missing the opportunity.

but, first, you need to believe that bitcoin could reach $100,000, when you are convince, holding until that time will come should give you an ease.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 06:50:18 PM

The problem with selling and buying again is that not everyone knows what is the best time to buy and sell bitcoins. I mean someone who bought at $3k might gladly sell at 20k but might never get a chance to buy again at even 10k and hence people just hold what they have already purchased instead of selling and buying again.

it is very important to use the SL and TP features when deciding to trade, so we can get profit when our sell target is reached.
Most traders nowadays don't take profit when the price has gone up, they are greedy to get even bigger profit and decide to hold.
I think for people who have trading knowledge they can do that but for people who lack trading knowledge and aren't sure when they should sell and buy, the best option for them is to just hold the coins they have.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: