Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:56:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Poll:  When will the 200,000 BTC from Gox hit the exchanges and plummet prices?
Never because its costs Gox CEO 199k BTC in lawyer fees and frappes - 9 (15.8%)
forever cuz thas how long court takes - 10 (17.5%)
sooner rather than later (weeks or months) - 5 (8.8%)
6+ months - 8 (14%)
200,000 gox coins not worth shit brah?! - 3 (5.3%)
Prices won't get low and Op will lock this thread to hide zeeeeee evidence - 4 (7%)
I ain't you brah! friend...I am not you buddy, guy - 2 (3.5%)
OP, several of your poll choices are odd, if not trolling. - 4 (7%)
Only the people closely involved with MtGox can make an educated guess.  What I can say is that lawyers probably won't cost more than 1 - 2 M$ / year, so only a small fraction of known MtGox funds will be spent on lawyers. - 2 (3.5%)
From the poll choices is see that people hope that the situation will be resolved soon, but if it's up to Karpeles, it just won't. He repeatedly lied to his customers, and the only hope is that the authorities will force him to do the right things. - 3 (5.3%)
I guess they just distribute it over the ppl who lost their btc there. After that i dont expect a plummet, why would they sell? - 1 (1.8%)
We'll see a dip in BTC prices and the exchanges that are around will probably have more BTC sitting in them. Unless, those people with BTC at Gox learned their lesson and store their coins in cold storage. - 1 (1.8%)
shes says i am the one.........but the kid is not my son - 3 (5.3%)
you see, 200k coins are currently mined every 50 days  it's not even that much - 2 (3.5%)
An Error Has Occurred! You selected too many options. For this poll, you may only select 7 options. Aww... - 0 (0%)
Probably already on BFX, selling at 563 now.  Been dumping for about 36 hours so far.  The only rational reason to do this is because of a court order (or someone else with a gun to your head), because without an extortionate threat....................... - 0 (0%)
..........no sane person would.  leave so much money on the table. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: When will the 200,000 BTC from Gox hit the exchanges and plummet prices?  (Read 964 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:10:50 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 06:48:15 PM by bitcoinsrus

Poll:  When will the 200,000 BTC from Gox hit the exchanges and plummet prices?

When will the market get hit with these coins and how low will prices be?
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:26:24 AM

OP, several of your poll choices are odd, if not trolling. And how can a forum dweller know when?
Only the people closely involved with MtGox can make an educated guess.

What I can say is that lawyers probably won't cost more than 1 - 2 M$ / year, so only a small fraction of known MtGox funds
will be spent on lawyers. I know because I was involved in a patent lawsuit in the USA and 1 - 2 M$ / year for a mid-range law firm
(actually upper-range, based in Washington DC) is the norm, in Japan prices are probably in the same ballpark.

From the poll choices is see that people hope that the situation will be resolved soon, but if it's up to Karpeles, it just won't.
He repeatedly lied to his customers, and the only hope is that the authorities will force him to do the right things.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
pietje

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:41:35 AM

I guess they just distribute it over the ppl who lost their btc there.
After that i dont expect a plummet, why would they sell?
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:53:31 PM

We'll see a dip in BTC prices and the exchanges that are around will probably have more BTC sitting in them. Unless, those people with BTC at Gox learned their lesson and store their coins in cold storage.

lnternet

Activity: 299
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:59:04 PM

you see, 200k coins are currently mined every 50 days

it's not even that much

1ntemetqbXokPSSkuHH4iuAJRTQMP6uJ9
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:01:22 PM

Code:
An Error Has Occurred!
You selected too many options. For this poll, you may only select 7 options.
Aww...

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

Probably already on BFX, selling at 563 now.  Been dumping for about 36 hours so far.

The only rational reason to do this is because of a court order (or someone else with a gun to your head), because without an extortionate threat, no sane person would leave so much money on the table.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: