Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:51:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rapid shitposting attack  (Read 1006 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8968

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2020, 05:13:52 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2020, 06:17:53 AM by suchmoon

Until recently, those Christmas tree Newbies were mostly posting in Russian, so I couldn't really tell if they were spamming or not.

Like this one?

Jenevani

I'm pretty sure it's all garbage. Google translation:

Edited 2020-11-30 to fix a broken image

(gotta love how Google decided to translate number 5 as "five").
GazetaBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 6808

Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 07:14:49 PM

I had deliberately skipped Detrix who doesn't seem to fit the pattern of other shitposters. I've added them to the second part of the list now. Anyone else I'm missing? I have now added the usernames to the links to make it easier to see who's who.

Yes, Detrix seems to not be AI Smiley

Detrix might be not part of that group, unless the "AI" speaks Romanian and has different velocity settings (fewer posts for that user).

As you know, when you come to Romania you have to set your time 50 years back, as we are behind to everything by ~50 years. It is possible that the Romanian AI to work at the speed of Guttenberg's printing press Smiley

Regarding the missing ones, I found two more following the pattern (the latest still posts a lot, but he uses more diverse boards -- maybe the AI got smarter Huh):
- g2ingoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2851756
- PhoNam - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2850878

Besides, there were two other Newbies with two posts each - DavidBut and another one (I lost this one in translation), but I don't think anymore that they're part of the same group. They had just two posts each and the number didn't increase at all. So just those two are missing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2020, 10:34:22 PM

Regarding the missing ones, I found two more following the pattern (the latest still posts a lot, but he uses more diverse boards -- maybe the AI got smarter Huh):
- g2ingoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2851756
- PhoNam - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2850878

Added. PhoNam seems to make longer and more human-like posts and even got a merit Roll Eyes so I put this user under the less egregious.

So far it looks like the few bans on copper accounts cooled this wave off.
GazetaBitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 06:48:45 AM

Added. PhoNam seems to make longer and more human-like posts and even got a merit Roll Eyes so I put this user under the less egregious.

He has only 8 posts remaining today. It seems someone reported him though. He appears as Brand New.

So far it looks like the few bans on copper accounts cooled this wave off.

Uhm... Just a part of the wave. FaceTehWind, FYeah and benkhalil3 kept posting since yesterday. I reported today what other posts they made in the meanwhile.
Besides, nathanaelung, seocrush and Lightz1337 seem to be nuked. Or someone reported all their posts and all of them were deleted.

The only one fully active is YikesAu, but I'm starting to report his posts now. The other ones mentioned in OP as banned / temp-banned look so indeed.

I also observed that 23 posts of Sakhill, which I reported yesterday, got deleted.

If I break any rule and admin and moderators notice that I accept my punishment in advance.

@Sakhil: as of now, you have 11 posts left (soon to be just 10), these being the only posts of yours which were not spam: 9 posts made inside this topic and 1 in the Beginners & Help board. I hope that in the future you'll refrain from spamming as you just noticed that your spam posts get deleted.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 06:59:07 AM

I'm pretty sure it's all garbage. Google translation:
are they out already? if not then what are the mods doing on that section? if yes then Good Enough.

I hope that in the future you'll refrain from spamming as you just noticed that your spam posts get deleted.
From.what I know spamming may also lead to Tempo Ban right?
GazetaBitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 07:12:26 AM

It seems so, considering that Kamilaz, iwnlfr, aiguy, KimberlyCon, nathanaelung, seocrush and Lightz1337 seem to be nuked or temp-banned, while 0nline and proscratcher seem to be banned. It's either that or they just suddenly stopped posting spam.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 01:09:31 PM

It seems so, considering that Kamilaz, iwnlfr, aiguy, KimberlyCon, nathanaelung, seocrush and Lightz1337 seem to be nuked or temp-banned, while 0nline and proscratcher seem to be banned. It's either that or they just suddenly stopped posting spam.

Quite a few of them are perma-banned/nuked. I have updated the OP with the latest status. Whoever has the patience to report them - good job.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 3148

₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 01:29:02 PM

Here some more, this time just a newbies but look like from the same crowd :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2851659
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2849649

Maybe they ran out of money for Copper's Smiley

cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 01:52:37 PM

As I've checked the links and their history,...
That was indeed... a Bounty Hunter. Am sure of it, and surely after they reach the activity someone from the shadows will give them 1 Merit to get them joined on Bounty Campaigns.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 02:30:39 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2020, 06:18:19 AM by suchmoon
Merited by Foxpup (3)

Would you just look at that... https://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=6107119 (registration required)

The link was provided to me by a user who prefers to remain anonymous.

Some highlights:
  • It's a "method" to make $1500-$2000 a month and it involves spamming on Bitcointalk but I'm not sure what the actual source of revenue is.
  • The OP claims to have hired 50+ users. The OP is "Wang Tang" on hackforums, my source claims the user is "djordjamayna" here on Bitcointalk but I haven't verified it.
  • Some of the users mentioned in this thread are clearly there, including our buddy Sakhill.

I'll try to figure out how to post a full archive of the thread. Here's a small excerpt:

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16832

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 03:03:31 PM

Would you just look at that... https://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=6107119 (registration required)
I received the same link, but can't open it through Tor, and don't really want to register there.

It's a "method" to make $1500-$2000 a month and it involves spamming on Bitcointalk but I'm not sure what the actual source of revenue is.
The only thing I can think of is someone holds a grudge and tries to damage Bitcointalk. So Sakhill is expected to get paid in 2-3 days, I still don't get it though: if they're not paid upfront, why would they risk creating that many Copper Members?

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 03:12:10 PM

I received the same link, but can't open it through Tor, and don't really want to register there.

I was able to get through after a few new circuits. Registering is not a big deal with a throwaway e-mail.

The only thing I can think of is someone holds a grudge and tries to damage Bitcointalk. So Sakhill is expected to get paid in 2-3 days, I still don't get it though: if they're not paid upfront, why would they risk creating that many Copper Members?

$20 copper fee to make $2000 per month... may sound very lucrative to some kid who doesn't know how Bitcointalk works. Keep in mind that those "methods" are supposed to be secret so it's not like they can openly discuss and critique them. If you think Bitcointalk is favorable to scams you should really register on hackforums  Grin
cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 03:16:49 PM

$20 copper fee to make $2000 per month... may sound very lucrative to some kid who doesn't know how Bitcointalk works.
fair enough to risk $20 LoL. but the thing is, they didn't even think twice for this. Maybe they had the money upfront or the employer gave them this $20. 🤔🤔🤔
wouldn't it be more easy for them if they just hired a hacker and attempt a DDOS, if they need this forum to go down, that is...
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 03:43:00 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2020, 04:01:49 PM by suchmoon
Merited by cabalism13 (5), Foxpup (2)

fair enough to risk $20 LoL. but the thing is, they didn't even think twice for this. Maybe they had the money upfront or the employer gave them this $20. 🤔🤔🤔
wouldn't it be more easy for them if they just hired a hacker and attempt a DDOS, if they need this forum to go down, that is...

There is no "employer" and I don't think it's an attack. There is a scammer selling a "method" for $175, I'm quite sure it's bullshit, but some idiots pay for it... so $20 on top of that is not a huge deal I guess.

I couldn't figure out a good way to archive the thread so I printed it into a PDF:

https://www.docdroid.net/lYSPYyB/hf-pdf

A bit lame but somewhat readable. The scheme begins to unravel around page 35 of the PDF.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16832

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 03:49:06 PM

There is a scammer selling a "method" for $175
And there I thought I could join this Cheesy I'm posting a lot already, so why not make an extra $2000 per month Tongue

cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 03:52:41 PM

There is a scammer selling a "method" for $175
And there I thought I could join this Cheesy I'm posting a lot already, so why not make an extra $2000 per month Tongue
You're way too greedy for an AI. You'll even surpass the Foxhole if you have been in that scheme 😂

Nailed it. 😅
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 04:01:03 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2020, 06:20:47 AM by suchmoon

It's only $175, don't be cheap. I think at one point it was even discounted down to $150, a real bargain.

Seriously though, it a somewhat optimistic outcome I think. The good news - it's not AI (no offense). And stupid schemes like that appear to be fairly easy to spot and to bust. Greedy idiots losing money may or may not be a good thing depending on circumstances, i.e. whether the "method" was a total lie or if it required the participants to break the rules knowingly. If someone who purchased this "method" would like to open a scam accusation and post the details that would be great.

Edit - two new posts on hackforums:

GazetaBitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 08:01:04 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2020, 08:25:52 PM by GazetaBitcoin

Whoever has the patience to report them - good job.

Thank you, suchmoon.

It was I the one who reported yesterday and today
- 18 posts of iwnlfr
- 23 posts of KimberlyCon
- 302 posts of Kamilaz
- 147 posts of benkhalil3
- 2 posts of LeDonna
- 62 posts of FYeah
- 38 posts of FaceTehWind
- 46 posts of TheDonBuja
- 25 posts of Sakhill
- 20 posts of g2ingoin
- 15 posts of aldanstep1
- 270 posts of YikesAu
- 40 posts of MarkoAlonso
- 60 posts of daviebcoys
Total: 1068 posts reported in less than 24h.

Today I also planned to take care of nathanaelung, seocrush and Lightz1337, but when I woke up they were nuked already. Damn Smiley

The latest ones, daviebcoys and MarkoAlonso I just discovered today.

I'll take care tomorrow of the two new ones found - fernquaker and arecoba20.

• Some of the users mentioned in this thread are clearly there, including our buddy Sakhill.

Oh, no... So after all he's not interested in salads and soups? Damn... And the naive me... Almost that my counscience broke me today after I reported his posts... Can this be real Huh Nah, I'm kidding, my conscience is very well.

I don't have too much time today to proper analyze all the new material found, but I'll research it tomorrow.

Later edit: as Einstein said, "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe". Curiously, a similar idea was brought by a Romanian writer, Ion Creanga (he lived before Einstein, thus he didn't copy Einstein lol): "I'm not smart. But when I look around, I become courageous".

That being said, I'm almost shocked about the imbecility of some people, including Sakhill or FaceTehWind. How in the name of God are you going to make a scam / spam / a cheat of any system, when you use the same username on two forums? I sincerely believe that these guys' intellect is far lower than andulolika's or hacker's, although I never could imagine I'll ever say that. Oh well, I said it. I found people more imbecile that those two. And which where hoping to win 2000$. All good.

Hacker, andulolika, it's party time! Officially, you are not anymore the dumbest people I've seen in my life! Hooray!

Quote from: Wang Tang
Please don't call the method a scam. The fact that small group of people wanted to abuse the method and earn fewhundreds daily without providing the proper and needed work is none but your own fault. People that doing the workproperly have no issues and are earning with this method for weeks. I am good person and I will help everyone that gothit by the ban wave to be able to earn with the method until their account is restored.You people didn't follow my instructions and now you're complaining and calling it a scam when you broke the rules !

What do you know?! The spammers broke the rules annd call Wang Tang's method scam. Can you believe it? On the other hand, we should be careful, as this guy clearly said that "I will help everyone that gothit by the ban wave to be able to earn with the method until their account is restored". This guy may have strong connection on the forum, if he can promise such thing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 08:33:08 PM

That being said, I'm almost shocked about the imbecility of some people, including Sakhill or FaceTehWind. How in the name of God are you going to make a scam / spam / a cheat of any system, when you use the same username on two forums?

To be fair, hackforums is not indexed by Google (AFAIK) so the chances of them being exposed aren't that high, particularly since they're going out of their way to not mention Bitcointalk over there. On the other hand we busted them without even knowing that the scheme originated on hackforums so they were doomed either way.
GazetaBitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 06:28:36 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2020, 06:52:30 AM by GazetaBitcoin

To be fair, hackforums is not indexed by Google (AFAIK)

Are you sure? I'm asking because I'm thinking that any website from the clearweb (such as hackforums is) is indexed by search engines, as far as I know. Maybe I'm wrong though, but I don't know how a search engine could not index a site from clearweb... Oh well, this is less important in this case anyway.

On the other hand we busted them without even knowing that the scheme originated on hackforums so they were doomed either way.

That's what matters! Great job to everyone involved in this busting process!

I'll take care tomorrow of the two new ones found - fernquaker and arecoba20.

It seems it was not needed anymore. When I woke up today I found that both were nuked. Either someone reported all their posts and the mods already deleted them, or the mods directly nuked the two accounts without waiting for us to report their posts.

Heads-up about other accounts:
- YikesAu was not nuked, but almost all the posts I reported were deleted. This account has now just 16 posts left out of 270 I reported. These ones appear as unhandled on my reports list. I also reported 2 more of his posts which, somehow, weren't already reported by me before.
- MarkoAlonso was nuked
- FaceTehWind was not nuked and still has 10 posts
- benkhalil3 still has 163 posts but I reported them all and all appear as Good in my report list, but they don't appear with strikethrough, indicating they were not deleted yet; probably this will happen soon from now on // I just reported 47 posts more that he made yesterday, after I previously reported the batch of 164 posts. It seems that this guy is unstoppable!
- FYeah has 9 posts not deleted
- g2ingoin is nuked
- TheDonBuja is also nuked.

Quick question: what means the "[hf]" tag added to some of the profiles from OP? Smiley

aiguy has been temp-banned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274516

Edit: for some reason the ban appeal topic vanished and the appeal account seems to have been nuked, see LoyceV's archive here and here.

Now why would he do that? Lol. It would be interesting to see how things develop and how the AI would look for mercy = )))

Besides all, I think we should carefully look for all the remaining accounts as there are still several (if not many) uncovered yet. During this research, I saw many times that some older users (with low ranks though) posted in as many topic as this bunch of newbies. It is possible to have also older users enrolled in the 150-170$-for-2000$ deal. Such example is Lorence.xD. Look at how many zero value posts he / she made during past few days in the Offtopic / Beginners & Help boards. And the posts are just before / above the posts of the discovered newbies. 83 posts since September 1st, from which 42 since September 7th, when all this began. And besides this user I also spotted others: newbies which registered in February, August etc.; Jr. Members, Members...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████