Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:34:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EXPRESS THOUGHTS ABOUT B&H AND RANK AND MERIT SYSTEM  (Read 471 times)
KaneVWE

Activity: 84
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 01:33:14 PM

It's worked so brilliantly that bct is a desolate relic controlled by many documented scammers and their alts who also now happen to control DT1 and all the best rev streams.

That's right it was a broken design that was immediately jumped upon by the very most greedy and corrupt who then were handed a total windfall by the genius who didnt notice that the most greedy and self interested are not automatically the most trustworthy.

The holes in it are undeniable. Nobody even tries to refute these holes exist.
They allow people who get inside the self sustaining and colluding protection racket to

Scam with impunity, you can red tag whistle blowers, refute flags of scamming based on independently verifiable evidence  , you can conduct mutual red tag removal trades,  give trust includes or other incentives for people to support your position on flags, give merit to those that support you and starve merit from those that oppose your actions or opinions or produce evidence of your scamming.

Only an imbecile would consider both designs as a success or of course scammers and the greedy scum controlling them or those seeking their favor.

The original idea of requiring some small amount of merit to gain certain privileges or initial rank were okay.
Noob jail worker way better and was way less useful to scammers.
These systems are merely a sloppy attempt to fix some spammers and remove accountability for making important decisions.

The original or even early supporters of bitcoin have mostly left the forum.

This argument good posters earn merit and poor poster earn none is bs.
The majority of high merit earners are full on tards with no achievements here at all.
Tman, lfc, tp, etc are demonstrably morons with terrible post histories and all have some scamming or shady shit in them with zero achievements here at all.

Merit is cancer
Trust system is dangerous.

Keep eating ass supporting a broken system is most noobs only hope. Hence...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erikoy (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 12:29:16 AM

<snip>
That is your point of view or opinion and I can't change the way you think about it. If you have issues with the other users here then you can have a choice either starting a thread dedicated for them and say everything you wanted to say.

In my case, merit system works fine. Piles of shitposts in major boards is a disaster to read. It somehow lessen whe  merit and rank system was implemented. It add also the scam project they promote that relatively destroy the bitcoim system. Let just hope that shitposting or this kind of activity will minimized to desired percentage or will be eradicated in the future.

I can't say anything about trust system except that it is useful for those utilize the system correctly. For abuses, I do not know about it and if there are abuses of the system hope not to get involve in that particular.

Anyway, I am seeing a big use of local board in the future. As bitcointalk community grows it will be directed to their local boards and discussn all about cryptocurrency independently about cryptocurrency and high chances that major boards for bitcoin and altcoin discussion will be removed for it will be moved to every local boards.
KaneVWE

Activity: 84
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 01:49:02 PM

<snip>
That is your point of view or opinion and I can't change the way you think about it. If you have issues with the other users here then you can have a choice either starting a thread dedicated for them and say everything you wanted to say.

In my case, merit system works fine. Piles of shitposts in major boards is a disaster to read. It somehow lessen whe  merit and rank system was implemented. It add also the scam project they promote that relatively destroy the bitcoim system. Let just hope that shitposting or this kind of activity will minimized to desired percentage or will be eradicated in the future.

I can't say anything about trust system except that it is useful for those utilize the system correctly. For abuses, I do not know about it and if there are abuses of the system hope not to get involve in that particular.

Anyway, I am seeing a big use of local board in the future. As bitcointalk community grows it will be directed to their local boards and discussn all about cryptocurrency independently about cryptocurrency and high chances that major boards for bitcoin and altcoin discussion will be removed for it will be moved to every local boards.

The benefits or negatives of the merit system can not be assessed without considering the trust system. The both are tied together.

You see it is not a matter of opinion. If there are clearly disadvantages and holes that are there to be exploited,
Evidence they are being exploited and undeniable incentives to exploit them.
  Then there is no point in quoting anecdotal experience as a refutation to those independently verifiable pieces of evidence that demonstrate both systems could provide some benefits by killing free speech and turning the forum into a echo chamber that is openly exploited by proven scammers to scam with impunity. When those disadvantages were not there before.

Best to read this thread and see if you can refute the points made there, nobody else has been able to.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5088852.0

If not then just accept that your individual experience is only that.

Also even if we accept your claims that all of the spam and scammy promotion of certain alt projects that gave anyone a financial reason to attempt to promote them was crushed by the merit system I'm not sure it is possible to say this was conclusively positive for this forum or bitcoin or the strong alts.  Sure it made it more readable and less chaotic for real enthusiasts.

Even if we could prove that it was there is nothing to say there are not far superior ways to deal with the same issues without the insoluble problems and negatives the current systems have brought with them.

Read the link if you find holes there then mention them but remember the thread starter made this before the monster mistake of conflating earned merit with trust. That opened a far more serious bunch of issues which he warned about before it took place.

May be you're new and just want a few merits or maybe you're powering up another alt or you just want to come to meta to really help improve the forum. Who knows. Best to do a lot of research before posting an evaluation of the systems in place. They are dangerous and the benefits could easily be achieved by other methods.

erikoy (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 03:44:04 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2020, 04:06:14 PM by erikoy

<snip>
I get your point and even visited the link you provided. I can't say anything about it. But I have my own journey here and willing to continue in the purpose why I join in this forum. We have different perception regarding with the merit and DT system that you are ranting about but in the end both has the same goal and that is to put things right for the forum. In my case I am only doing awareness and it could not help to change the system for I am only addressing to the users for a change.

Anyway, continue on what you believe is right. Who knows that lesson had learn already and everything will be alright. Just remember that nobody is perfect and we can make mistakes but we can learn from it and it is called as experience.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: